Guest viewing is limited

1/21/2019 - Shooting in Kabukicho - One Man Dead

My naive mind didn’t know metamphetamine was called “shabu” in Japan and I thought the happy couple slurped shabu shabu day and night or it was an euphemism for “meat”...
Haha, this is gold! Yes, i guess she got hooked on his meat.

Reactions: Simonka
Haha, this is gold! Yes, i guess she got hooked on his meat.

This is coming from a person who also assumed “daddy” meant an affectionate abbreviation for biological father until finally a friend stepped up to tell her the truth :D

My naive mind didn’t know metamphetamine was called “shabu” in Japan and I thought the happy couple slurped shabu shabu day and night or it was an euphemism for “meat”...

This 2009 Forbes article made the same mistake ...

Aug 17, 2009, 06:36am
Japanese Pop Idol Recast as Junkie
By Tim Kelly
https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/17/arrest-noriko-sakai-opinions-tokyo-dispatch.html

“....Though discussed little in public, estimates put Japan's regular drug users in the millions. Amphetamine crystals, known locally as shabu shabu is common, but cocaine, ecstasy, marijuana and other narcotics are readily available despite stiff penalties. Japan doesn't differentiate between soft and hard drugs...”

Hard to read between the lines, when there is only one line ;)

Territorial disputes between Yakuza factions or regional/international crime syndicates? No. The Olympics will big a big yawn. Everybody will be on there best behaviour.

Of course everyone will be on their best behaviour. Let's all have fun and politely weclome everyone to tokyo.