I am an...

• Introvert

• Extrovert

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm somewhat introverted, though I can turn on the extrovert persona when necessary professionally.

Add alcohol, however, and I get markedly more social.

I honestly prefer the company of other introverts in a quiet setting, or a few more extros when it's more of a gathering.
Ditto

Reactions: Wwanderer
Introvert w/ other people. I like to listen. If we're discussing a topic I'm passionate about and hear a glaring error on their part, I go ballistic and drop the shyness.

Intovert w/ close friends. I'm not boisterous around them. The topics of discussion becomes way more open. They know me already.

More silent when I have alcohol in the system (buzzed state after 4-5 cans of beer). I am afraid of not being in control of myself. This is where regrets in life are conceived.

I don't know. In the middle? There's a lot of social situations I feel awkward in and really feel bothered/annoyed with and I find myself staying in a lot these days. On the other hand I have felt lonely for that exact reason and often push myself to go out by myself and attempt to make friends with total strangers at parties and standing bars.

I put introvert because I seriously enjoy time alone (with a good internet connection) and because I am socially MUCH better one-on-one than in larger groups. However, like so many of the responses above, I don't think I am consistently in either category. It depends on the other people present, the nature of the group and the event in question, the topic(s) being discussed, my mood that particular day, my goal in the situation, how long it has been since I had sex, whether or not it is a Thursday etc etc. I can also choose which I prefer (for whatever reason) and do both pretty well/authentically. I routinely find myself both the most introverted and the most extroverted person in the room depending on all those variables.

Two categories just don't catch the range of human personalities, not even roughly.

-Ww

I found that living in Japan enabled me to become more extrovert. Having to initiate and sustain thousands of conversations has been good practice.

You might say the quiet life got tiring so you had to become more extroverted.. :ROFLMAO:

Introvert... in a way that I just don't like dwelling in larger groups or events like parties (unless I'm close with most people) doesn't suit me. I guess I could be categorized as a silent type as well but that doesn't mean I don't talk that much. I could say I'm better when it comes to 1-on-1 or small group discussions. So, less people, much better for me. :LOL:

And... I always get INTJ when someone gives me a Myers-Briggs test. :confused:

Reactions: Black Mage
Um so.. I don't think it's any surprise that a bunch of mongers are introverts

I voted extrovert, although it's not correct these days. I was an extrovert when younger. But, now my job requires me to be an extrovert and has made me prefer being introverted because I get enough of the extroverted stuff at work.

Reactions: Wwanderer
I guess introvert, I always feel more relax when a party/diner/long discussion get over, even if I enjoyed everyone.
I get quickly tired of socializing, and need my friends to force me out of my bubble. For example, if they want me to go to a concert, they force me to pay in advance so I don't cancel by laziness at the last moment.

I gladly accept such tactic to force me out, as if I stay too much in my bubble, I end up feeling extreme boredom, which is my number one ennemy.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Um so.. I don't think it's any surprise that a bunch of mongers are introverts

I wonder how the general population would respond to this poll. In other words, what fraction of people consider themselves introverted vs extroverted? It would be interesting to know separately for men and women and maybe for different cultures too. There's no reason to think that it is a 50-50 split afaik.

Anyway, whether mongers are on average more or less introverted than others can't be determined from a poll of mongers alone.

-Ww