If I had the spare change I'd get a Tesla. From what I've heard their customer service is fucking amazing.

If I had the spare change I'd get a Tesla. From what I've heard their customer service is fucking amazing.

I was listening to a podcast out of the US where they were discussing owning a Tesla. The host was having some problems with the braking on his and after the dealership was unable to fix it after two tries they apparently flew an engineer out from the company headquarters to him to have him check it out. That's some serious customer service.

Reactions: Hofmeyer
I was listening to a podcast out of the US where they were discussing owning a Tesla. The host was having some problems with the braking on his and after the dealership was unable to fix it after two tries they apparently flew an engineer out from the company headquarters to him to have him check it out. That's some serious customer service.

Story I heard was from a youtube video, dude's navigation was showing an error message. So he called them up, they logged into his car using his cellphone app and rebooted the thing twice. When it didn't work they asked him what time he would be home and sent a technician to his house to to fix it. The same day.

And it was covered under his warranty so he didn't pay a cent.

Fucking amazing.

Reactions: BIPSY
If I only had spare change, I would buy a 5 year old japanese kei car with low mileage for 1/100 of the cost of a Tesla. Japanese kei cars do not require customer service because they do not break. Thats good customer service.

If I only had spare change, I would buy a 5 year old japanese kei car with low mileage for 1/100 of the cost of a Tesla. Japanese kei cars do not require customer service because they do not break. Thats good customer service.

And after wasting 1/100th of your money recklessly like that you would then be obliged to invest the rest wisely to good whiskey and bad women.

If you are single and living in central Tokyo area then the only smart move is not to get a car. Just think how many taxi drives you get with just the price of the parking lot.

And they still don't let you drive while drunk, which would be pretty much all the time if you invested your monies wisely.

Don't know about never breaking, my boss' kei car fits that bill and it keeps breaking in new and expensive ways.

And after wasting 1/100th of your money recklessly like that you would then be obliged to invest the rest wisely to good whiskey and bad women.

If you are single and living in central Tokyo area then the only smart move is not to get a car. Just think how many taxi drives you get with just the price of the parking lot.

And they still don't let you drive while drunk, which would be pretty much all the time if you invested your monies wisely.
Agree. If you live in Tokyo, you don't need a car and the money is better spent on more sensible things like women and booze.

Don't know about never breaking, my boss' kei car fits that bill and it keeps breaking in new and expensive ways.

Yeah, but any parts for the kei are likely significantly cheaper than a European luxo-barge. Heck I can't even get wiper inserts for my car at the Autobacs, my only choice is the dealer, or maybe an online "discount" parts source. I only use quotes because the discounts you can get here are nothing like what you can get on OEM parts in the US.

Agree. If you live in Tokyo, you don't need a car and the money is better spent on more sensible things like women and booze.

I agree, but it sounds like the OP has the cash to burn. If he's so inclined to burn it, more power to him.

I agree, but it sounds like the OP has the cash to burn. If he's so inclined to burn it, more power to him.

No, we cannot be just passive standby's and watch him burn a whole to his pocket.

We need to be the wise ones and show the way to the next whiskey bar.

And obviously to the next little girl.

Little as in size, not in age.

No, we cannot be just passive standby's and watch him burn a whole to his pocket.

We need to be the wise ones and show the way to the next whiskey bar.

And obviously to the next little girl.

Little as in size, not in age.

Oh, where's the fun in that? :LOL:

Any car with a stick shift manual transmission would impress a girl that she could say, sugooi. It’s normal in Europe, but in Japan it proves you are an advanced class driver.
that's actually the only way i've ever 'impressed' any females with a car. Very few here around my age can drive manual and one girl even wanted me to teach her. The manual transmission also turns my 'cute little thing' into a pocket rocket, which i'm sure got some panties wet....

But it wouldnt matter. The girls OP is trying to attract probably wouldn't be able to distinguish between an auto or manual car. :D

Should we mention that nice cars only attract teenage boys attention?

Source: exotic car owner.

Get a car you like and enjoy driving. Don’t worry about what others think. If it’s practical, ask about reliability.
Thats true, expect some over enthusiastic male tweens and teens to be crawling over your car.

Reactions: jhingy567
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm not a car enthusiast by any means but owning a cool car was always on my bucket list but since I want to keep living in Central Tokyo it really would be pointless. Thing would just collect dust.

Anyway decided not to buy a car at all but in 10-15 years.....I'll get that S Class.....and then make a thread asking for help everytime it breaks down :sneaky:

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
The car by which all other cars will be judged is the 1989 Porsche 911.

Originally Mercedes made luxury cars, Porsche made sports cars, VW made economy cars, and BMW made sporty sedans. Now everybody makes everything. But my opinion is that you should stick with the original specialties.