Guest viewing is limited

20s Japanese Girls

TommySCSBlah

TAG Member
Reaction score
I have been staying in Tokyo for 1.5yr, participated in several international parties, yet people (girls in particular) at my age group never showed up. (I just turned 20, looking for someone 20±3... okay maybe not -3).
Have a feeling that I am in the wrong place. Please let me know where should I be going.

FYR, my personal description will be
College student
Fluent Japanese (N1+)
Enjoy coffee and movie and travelling and nerdy stuff

Alright Questions:

1. You go to university and speak fluent Japanese, meeting your age shouldn't be a problem: Join every circle that exists, don't make it obvious you are trying to nanpa throw out the ones that don"t have girls you want.

Which makes me think it might be an image problem...
2. What is your current fashion style / body type? Do you have a budget for self-improvement? as has been mentioned in the previous threads Japan is 80% about image.

Reactions: HoboMan
You may want to check for other International parties or go to ones at different locations. There are so many now. Choose those that give the best RESULTS.

The area can have an affect, as can attract certain types of women. Don't get into the bad habit of always going to the same places, giving negative results.

Also the company or people hosting the party, can attract certain types of women or actually say and be negative or positive towards foreigners.

Be aware of the vibe of the party and place. In terms of type, the women might be looking for older professional foreign guys who appear to have money or are weirdly specific about race and type. Like nutty girls looking for guys who resemble the boy band New Direction. Yes, some Japanese women are that ridiculously silly, while others are more intelligent or open-minded.

Certain groups of Japanese can also be saying crazy bullshit like all foreigners are playboys, have diseases, or think all Japanese women are "yellow cab sluts". The women coming to the parties will then behave strangely, negatively, or be more superficial and standoffish. You might want to talk to the host or "regulars" coming to that particular company's international party and get a feel for their attitude. Their attitude seems to permeate to type of Japanese coming to their International party. If they are also saying negative anti-foreign guy bullshit, suggest not going to their parties. I make it a point to talk to the host and figure them out, whether they are just after money or really trying to create International relationships. Makes a HUGE difference.

I most definitely met 20 to 25 year college and just out of college women at some such parties. So they do come, and it can be done. You need to have some skills too, don't rely on "magic" to make things happen.

As mentioned, check your style. At the very least, look presentable.

Last edited:
Alright Questions:

1. You go to university and speak fluent Japanese, meeting your age shouldn't be a problem: Join every circle that exists, don't make it obvious you are trying to nanpa throw out the ones that don"t have girls you want.

Which makes me think it might be an image problem...
2. What is your current fashion style / body type? Do you have a budget for self-improvement? as has been mentioned in the previous threads Japan is 80% about image.

1. That's my initial thought but I would rather separate my dating life and campus life. (READ: bumping into ex even occasionally is annoying
2. After a year in Tokyo, I learnt dressing up properly/ dyed my hair etc. Now I occasionally get compliment like fashionable, alone with comments like "You look like a engineering student", which supposedly means I look nerdy?

You may want to check for other International parties or go to ones at different locations. There are so many now. Choose those that give the best RESULTS.

The area can have an affect, as can attract certain types of women. Don't get into the bad habit of always going to the same places, giving negative results.

Also the company or people hosting the party, can attract certain types of women or actually say and be negative or positive towards foreigners.

Be aware of the vibe of the party and place. In terms of type, the women might be looking for older professional foreign guys who appear to have money or are weirdly specific about race and type. Like nutty girls looking for guys who resemble the boy band New Direction. Yes, some Japanese women are that ridiculously silly, while others are more intelligent or open-minded.

Certain groups of Japanese can also be saying crazy bullshit like all foreigners are playboys, have diseases, or think all Japanese women are "yellow cab sluts". The women coming to the parties will then behave strangely, negatively, or be more superficial and standoffish. You might want to talk to the host or "regulars" coming to that particular company's international party and get a feel for their attitude. Their attitude seems to permeate to type of Japanese coming to their International party. If they are also saying negative anti-foreign guy bullshit, suggest not going to their parties. I make it a point to talk to the host and figure them out, whether they are just after money or really trying to create International relationships. Makes a HUGE difference.

I most definitely met 20 to 25 year college and just out of college women at some such parties. So they do come, and it can be done. You need to have some skills too, don't rely on "magic" to make things happen.

As mentioned, check your style. At the very least, look presentable.

Thanks!
Like you said, there are way too many of them I wanna know which one should I start with,
Are those in shibuya my best bet?
This might sound vague but generally what kind of man are those girls looking for?

Thanks!
Like you said, there are way too many of them I wanna know which one should I start with,
Are those in shibuya my best bet?
This might sound vague but generally what kind of man are those girls looking for?

It can't be specified. Depends on party, location, and women. Each guy has his own niche and preferences.

Best for you to try different parties and places, then figure out what will work for you. Cast a wide net.

Reactions: TommySCSBlah
If they say Engineering yes it's nerdy. Shop at Wego in Harajuku & get something that makes them say Cool.

...comments like "You look like a engineering student"
N1+ Japanese won't help you there. :bag:

On the "separate my dating life and campus life": social life on campus is the only reason to attend a Japanese university, especially if you're already a fluent speaker. Be a gentleman and one ex may kindly introduce you to your next one. (y)

"You look like a engineering student", which supposedly means I look nerdy?
Let me guess, you were tying to pull that "Abercrombie" look with cargo pants and T-shirt but you lack the muscle.
You might wanna hit the gym to supplement your casual style.
Or,
try going with something more preppy. Check "APC" for some skinny jeans, nice button shirts and jackets.

@okayspot gave you good advice. I myself want to join college clubs if I still can. Just the clubs, I don't wanna go back to school. Can you hook me up ?

Japan is all about image. Even more so for your age.
But then again your looks will only get you the door, in the long term, people won't necessarily like you just based on your looks.

Last edited:
I have been staying in Tokyo for 1.5yr, participated in several international parties, yet people (girls in particular) at my age group never showed up. (I just turned 20, looking for someone 20±3... okay maybe not -3).
Have a feeling that I am in the wrong place. Please let me know where should I be going.

FYR, my personal description will be
College student
Fluent Japanese (N1+)
Enjoy coffee and movie and travelling and nerdy stuff

There are lots of young girls on SKOUT (smartphone app).

But be careful as the youngest ones are the most unpredictable beasts I've ever met.
They lie, they are dry, they try to trick you, they are poor, and they are not very good at sex :)

Oh, and they mostly look for guys who don't speak Japanese (since they would do anything to be taught English for free).

Reactions: User#6326 and BMJ
Let me guess, you were tying to pull that "Abercrombie" look with cargo pants and T-shirt but you lack the muscle.
You might wanna hit the gym to supplement your casual style.
Or,
try going with something more preppy. Check "APC" for some skinny jeans, nice button shirts and jackets.

@okayspot gave you good advice. I myself want to join college clubs if I still can. Just the clubs, I don't wanna go back to school. Can you hook me up ?

Japan is all about image. Even more so for your age.
But then again your looks will only get you the door, in the long term, people won't necessarily like you just based on your looks.

Sorry but I just came back to Tokyo,
yeah I was in a white blazer + white shirt +jeans iirc, I like my style but I am sure it takes more muscle than I can offer.
To hook you up, I am afraid not, don't take it the wrong way,
just my school is rather nerdy and they hardy take any outsider.
However, I am aware of that many of university clubs / circles DO accept anyone as long as you . If that is what you need I guess I could provide more info.
and Thank you for the advice on clothing, maybe gym instead of bar etc is really the place I should be heading to.

There are lots of young girls on SKOUT (smartphone app).

But be careful as the youngest ones are the most unpredictable beasts I've ever met.
They lie, they are dry, they try to trick you, they are poor, and they are not very good at sex :)

Oh, and they mostly look for guys who don't speak Japanese (since they would do anything to be taught English for free).

Thanks! I would definitely try it out. To be very honest, girls til 30 are still a deal to me as long as they look hot, but 25 still sounds the best in terms of physical and mental maturity. Unmanageable emotional fluctuation is the last thing I want since I would like to focus on my career right now. Not to say I am as broke if not even more broke than they are...

'Mental maturity' and '25 years old' are not often associated with too many Japanese girls. No argument on the physical aspect.

Sorry but I just came back to Tokyo,
yeah I was in a white blazer + white shirt +jeans iirc, I like my style but I am sure it takes more muscle than I can offer.
To hook you up, I am afraid not, don't take it the wrong way,
just my school is rather nerdy and they hardy take any outsider.
However, I am aware of that many of university clubs / circles DO accept anyone as long as you . If that is what you need I guess I could provide more info.
and Thank you for the advice on clothing, maybe gym instead of bar etc is really the place I should be heading to.

Thanks! I would definitely try it out. To be very honest, girls til 30 are still a deal to me as long as they look hot, but 25 still sounds the best in terms of physical and mental maturity. Unmanageable emotional fluctuation is the last thing I want since I would like to focus on my career right now. Not to say I am as broke if not even more broke than they are...
Girls that will do anything to get some free EngRish are right down my alley. Send'm to me please :)

Solong, could you please tell us exactly WHERE to find out about these "International Parties"? Is Meetup.com a good place?

What kind of skills? Do you have a favorite PUA on Youtube that you'd recommend? Have you heard of RedpoleQ the owner of www.pickupasia.com? I like his approach and his personality. He doesn't seem to popular on YT, but I like him nonetheless. Got any other PUAs to checkout?

TIA!

Solong, could you please tell us exactly WHERE to find out about these "International Parties"? Is Meetup.com a good place?

What kind of skills? Do you have a favorite PUA on Youtube that you'd recommend? Have you heard of RedpoleQ the owner of www.pickupasia.com? I like his approach and his personality. He doesn't seem to popular on YT, but I like him nonetheless. Got any other PUAs to checkout?

TIA!

Type "Japan International party" in Google, and literally all kinds of parties come up. Which is right for you, and which location, is based on your experience. Just start checking them, then decide based on results.

I think meetup.com is decent, but not necessary. It is worth taking a look at.

I want to point out that I'm strongly against the concept of a "magical place" to meet women. I meet many women by going outside and talking to them. Trains, coffee shops, Tsutaya, parks, etc... Online, sign up to multiple websites, then see which are working for you. Craigslist, Japan Guide Friends, OkCupid, AdultFriendFinder, Tinder, etc... Try a bunch, and see how it goes.

My favorite PUAs.

1) Actually my favorite mentors have been other swingers that I've met. They real world applied skills to pickup women, and then take it to another level, of sex parties. Watching and hanging around them was the best learning experience.

My style and approach is much more swinger based and based on those experiences, versus PUA, which is something I learned about and looked at later on.

I consider this another level above PUA, and much harder to do. Of PUAs, whose material that I've come across and liked, are below:

2) Vin DiCarlo

What I liked about him was a lot of PUAs were focused excessively on difficult NLP concepts that were disconnected to practical application in clubs or the streets. DiCarlo was about practical application and more into physical and body language.

Has a good KINO escalation ladder chart, worth the look.

3) Justin Wayne

Another one of the newer real world PUAs, that are about practical application, the physical, and demonstrable. Has several YouTube videos online.

I particularly like his concept of geographical escalation, which exactly matched what my swinger pals and I were doing.

4) Gunwitch

Very controversial figure. Old school straightforward PUA, who unfortunately got into trouble over a gun incident that got all twisted up in the feminist leaning media. He was being judged for being a PUA, versus what actually happened. But many of his PUA teachings were on point and practical, versus the more abstract NLP or politically correct garbage that was floating around then.

His material is hard to find, but worth a look, if you can.

5) Lovedrop

I don't particularly like excessively routine based PUAs, because real world interactions are dynamic and fluid. But I did like some of his insights and methods involving KINO. Some of his stuff is on YouTube.

Last edited:
Reactions: tanuk3y
Have you heard of RedpoleQ the owner of www.pickupasia.com? I like his approach and his personality.

I heard from some older cats in pickup that this guy basically is a scam artist and started teaching pickup before he even knew how to do it. Now that its about 8 years into his business though, he probably actually knows how to pickup by now :rolleyes:

As for OP dude you have so many advantages, you should just be doing street approaches. You'll do well. Specifically, Shibuya / Harajuku daytime (before 8pm for the younger girls. Sluttier ones stay out later too). Someone said Takadanobaba and thats good too, but be prepared for lots of social circles. Just make friends with the dudes first and you're in.