Guest viewing is limited

A Japanese pizza mystery

The Bowery has been going to hell since they closed CBGBs.
Lol! I think your definition of « going to hell » means that it’s now clean and gentrified ? :)
I am also one of those lucky guys old enough to have known CGBG. Past its prime of course, but still good in its rough and dirty mythic splendor

Lol! I think your definition of « going to hell » means that it’s now clean and gentrified ? :)
I am also one of those lucky guys old enough to have known CGBG. Past its prime of course, but still good in its rough and dirty mythic splendor

The Bowery Ballroom is still there, but I feel good live music venues have moved out to Williamsburg or Greenpoint...

Btw I thought "Japanese pizza" is okonomiyaki, like "Turkish pizza" is lahmacun.

I played CB's...........I didn't see you downstairs.............wwwwww

Bingo. The Alphabet Bar is now a hipster cafe. The Carousel is gone... we once threw a midget up onto the ceiling mounted carousel horse, which fairly promptly detached from the ceiling under the additional weight, but not before photos were taken.

I saw the Crumbsuckers there. Best. Show. Ever.

Bingo. The Alphabet Bar is now a hipster cafe. The Carousel is gone... we once threw a midget up onto the ceiling mounted carousel horse, which fairly promptly detached from the ceiling under the additional weight, but not before photos were taken.

I saw the Crumbsuckers there. Best. Show. Ever.
Cycle sluts was always a good show as was White Zombie but I was gone just after that time era

Reactions: Frenchy
Cycle sluts was always a good show as was White Zombie but I was gone just after that time era
I wish I'd been able to catch Blondie there.

Or the show where the Circle Jerks had Debbie Gibson on backing vocals.

I wish I'd been able to catch Blondie there.

Or the show where the Circle Jerks had Debbie Gibson on backing vocals.
Debbie without makeup was a total nightmare............trust me on that.

The only abomination about pizza for me is pineapple topping.
Corn is the abomination for me. Nope. Can’t do it. Something about it is just wrong. That and mayo. So much more wrong than pineapples.
Chicago deep dish... More of a spiritual cousin to lasagna than to pizza. Tastes OK, but it's not pizza. It's basically a casserole.
I never thought of deep dish this way until now but omg, this is so true. Less pizza and more lasagna/casserole. No wonder a deep dish can never satisfy my pizza cravings. Gimme a good NY style pizza any day.

I played CB's...........I didn't see you downstairs.............wwwwww

Was probably at Limelight or Pyramid at that time, sorry :) (Damn all those places have certainly disappeared long ago too... )

ok , back to pizza : in Tokyo I’d say Salvatore (various locations) is a decent alternative to the corn-with pineapple-with mentaiko-whatever nonsense

The Pizza Bar On 38th Madarin Oriental is probably the best pizza I eat in Tokyo, but there are only 8 seats at the bar counter.

IMO, Japanese restaurants put honey on the pizza because the cheeses taste like nothing. Good cheeses are too much expensive in Japan for a cheep pizza.

Reactions: SugoiBoy and Durg50
The cheese shop at my local department store is like a crack dealer. "Hey man, it's just cheddar, nothing too strong, simple, from New Zealand so it's pure stuff, you'll love it, free taste. Good isn't it? You can have 100grams for only 6,000yen."
Let me guess... the Isetan one , in Shinjuku?
They’re the best because they mature the cheeses to perfection
But yes, shockingly expensive

Reactions: Joe2017