Adopting Japanese Nationality

Hamerare

Offa da street
Reaction score
For reasons I un42n8ly can't divulge in public, I am seriously considering taking Japanese nationality. I have a J wifey and have been here since the black ships so am eligible.

I am not an American trying to evade paying taxes on offshore accounts

I am not a Kiwi wanting to represent Japan at rugby

I am not a jerk who wants to wave a Japanese passport to touts outside pink salons

I am a Caucasian tho

Is n e 1 here also a whitey who has taken J nationality? Or do u know n e 1 who has?

I know you have to surrender your native nationality and change your name but I don't got a problem with that. It's just a few practical reasons.

For example, what happens about bank accounts in your old name where a passport is necessary to prove identity?
When you travel abroad, do you get given a hard time by immigration?

Thanx in advance if n e 1 got info on this subject

Debito did it and documented it, but that was years ago.

There may be trouble if you have felony convictions, but you didn't list that in your message, so you should be fine. (y)

I'd suggest refraining from really personal information on here guy.

Turning-japanese website looks very useful.

I'm interested in getting 永住Visa (Permanent Long Term Resident Visa). Is there any informative websites on getting Eijyu?

Or if other TAGgers have experience, please share.

Eijyuken is simple to get as long as you meet the criteria. One application form and a six month wait got me mine.

Eijyuken is simple to get as long as you meet the criteria. One application form and a six month wait got me mine.

Yeah, I waited about the same amount of time. I just paid someone to do it for me... I never stepped foot in an immigration office except to get the new Zairyu card which was after I got the status.

I can't come up with a good enough reason to acquire Japanese nationality and passport.

Reactions: just4fun
Turning-japanese website looks very useful.

I'm interested in getting 永住Visa (Permanent Long Term Resident Visa). Is there any informative websites on getting Eijyu?

Or if other TAGgers have experience, please share.

The Turning Japanese website is useful up to a point but long winded and not very well written. If it was an MA dissertation I'd flunk it, in fact it probably was

Same here.

You can go to China for 2 weeks without having to q up 2 times in Roppongi to get a tourist visa。

Go to Dongguan and come back with an STI. Or bronchitis from Beijing. Gr8 chow tho

Due to some ridiculous archaic laws, there are some very large things that non-Japanese are prohibited from being registered owners of, for example planes and ships. Plant machinery as well, I believe.

I can't come up with a good enough reason to acquire Japanese nationality and passport.

If you are a US citizen, having to file/pay taxes twice can be a bit of a burden, but is only a major downside for the really wealthy.

Reactions: just4fun

Not even being able to ignore these signs?

nakano_maid_sign02.jpg

Off topic and no offense, but how is typing 'un42n8ly' easier than 'unfortunately'?
I had the same thought
and it's definitely not easier to understand.

Yeah, I waited about the same amount of time. I just paid someone to do it for me... I never stepped foot in an immigration office except to get the new Zairyu card which was after I got the status.

it's useful for :

- people coming from undeveloped countries and who'd want to travel in most countries without asking for visa like a second class citizen of the world.
- people planning to settle in Japan and be a real Japanese citizen who can vote to get the illusion they can have an influence in their universe

Last edited:
- people coming from undeveloped countries and who'd want to travel in most countries without asking for visa like a second class citizen of the world.

That is very true. A Japanese passport is like a golden ticket to nearly any country.

With citizenship you can join the 自衛隊 and help out Japanese disaster victims. (y)

A Japanese passport is now cheaper than an EU passport

[QUOTE="e-smile, post: 29567, member:

- people planning to settle in Japan and be a real Japanese citizen who can vote to get the illusion they can have an influence in their universe[/QUOTE]

That's a very good point bro

Who needs to vote when u can stand as a candid8

Foreigners do not have the same rights as Japanese. If I plan to truly stay here for the rest of their life, collect pension, vote, and intend to own property, why would I not want to nationalize? I do not plan to ever live in my country of origin ever again and I am willing to renounce myself. A Japanese passport is still quite powerful and influential when it comes to traveling and immigration as well.