American Guys Should Start Worrrying!

What an uncharitable read of my words.

Perhaps so, and I apologize if I gave you an unduly hard time (it's been a bad week in my world...but that is no excuse). Mostly I am reacting to the strong tendency of many/most people to see catastrophe just around the corner no matter how many times it fails to materialize. It has been going on constantly since I first became aware of world/national affairs in any serious way back in the early 1960s. This never ending chorus of negativity rubs me the wrong way and worries me with its self-fulfilling potential.

But on a website mostly dedicated to 'where all the nekkid women at' this whole discussion thread is probably of minimal value to the population.

Agreed, not a good topic for TAG, and I am happy to leave it where it lies aside from an interesting new book I'm going to point out in my next post in this thread.

Anyway, one area we probably could agree with is that regardless of if the future is Star Trek or Blade Runner, this particular election is unlikely to be the deciding factor.

Agreed on this too, and I would guess that the future will include elements of both but mostly be quite different from any of its popular imaginings.

-Ww

Reactions: HentaiHakujin
I wasn't old enough to ever go to the places just stating that they worked to get rid of the public places. The internet made it more available but the more public places vanished. That's all I'm pointing out.

I wish Hillary can be relatively closer than Trump to a position to endorse the decriminalization of consensual sex work that is now recommended by human rights organizations such as Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, but I'm afraid the decriminalization argument just wouldn't matter whoever the president is. Besides, law enforcement agencies seem to love showing off their "efforts" these days in the publicized measures like National Johns Suppression Initiative - they know they won't be hit back on this. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I can't help thinking that if Hillary Clinton becomes President she will unleash a bunch of anti-men (particularly anti-white men policies). This is based on her character flaws, anti-men outlook and the fact that she has been humiliated through out her 40 odd year marriage to Bill. Even during this election campaign she has been humiliated by the latest rumors of Bill's floozies

How about closing down the Asian massage parlors for starters? She can kill two birds with one stone. Stop men from having fun and stop the exploitation of Asian women. I truly pity our US cousins if she makes it as President.

I have no problem if Hillary goes after Asian Massage Parlors in the US. If you want to find human traffickers, that's where the Feds should start. That being said, terrorism is a higher priority so I'd wager that most federal LE resources would be focused on terrorism, not human trafficking (human trafficking is not synonymous with prostitution).

aside from an interesting new book I'm going to point out in my next post in this thread.

TAG went down for a bit before I could make this post, and then I almost forgot. It is basically an aside on my discussion with @HentaiHakujin of statistical indications of where the world (or US) is headed in the years and decades ahead.

The Israeli historian Yuval Noah Harari writes,

"For the first time in history, more people die today from eating too much than from eating too little; more people die from old age than from infectious diseases; and more people commit suicide than are killed by soldiers, terrorists and criminals combined."

in his new book HOMO DEUS: A BRIEF HISTORY TOMORROW (available now in English in the UK but not in the US until early next year). He argues that most of mankind's ancient banes and challenges are now under control or soon will be. However, he does not project a future utopia by any means but rather the onset of what one might call First World problems on steroids. His arguments are neither super novel nor unusually deep, but he makes them into an engaging and sometimes provocative story. The style reminds me of a TED talk, and the book is worth reading imo.

-Ww

I wasn't old enough to ever go to the places just stating that they worked to get rid of the public places. The internet made it more available but the more public places vanished. That's all I'm pointing out.

Yeah, vigorous enforcement of vice laws can drive commercial sex into a low profile mode, but actually getting rid of it appears to be impractical in large cities in the US...and this has become even truer in the internet age of p4p.

-Ww

I can't help thinking that if Hillary Clinton becomes President she will unleash a bunch of anti-men (particularly anti-white men policies). This is based on her character flaws, anti-men outlook and the fact that she has been humiliated through out her 40 odd year marriage to Bill. Even during this election campaign she has been humiliated by the latest rumors of Bill's floozies

How about closing down the Asian massage parlors for starters? She can kill two birds with one stone. Stop men from having fun and stop the exploitation of Asian women. I truly pity our US cousins if she makes it as President.

TAG is considered U.S. soil, so Asian Feeling could be affected

TAG went down for a bit before I could make this post, and then I almost forgot. It is basically an aside on my discussion with @HentaiHakujin of statistical indications of where the world (or US) is headed in the years and decades ahead.

The Israeli historian Yuval Noah Harari writes,

"For the first time in history, more people die today from eating too much than from eating too little; more people die from old age than from infectious diseases; and more people commit suicide than are killed by soldiers, terrorists and criminals combined."

in his new book HOMO DEUS: A BRIEF HISTORY TOMORROW (available now in English in the UK but not in the US until early next year). He argues that most of mankind's ancient banes and challenges are now under control or soon will be. However, he does not project a future utopia by any means but rather the onset of what one might call First World problems on steroids. His arguments are neither super novel nor unusually deep, but he makes them into an engaging and sometimes provocative story. The style reminds me of a TED talk, and the book is worth reading imo.

-Ww

Since you went down that tangent.. I went to school with a very prominent businessman who decided to retire, then go back to school in his 60's to get a law degree and do legal aid and amnesty work for the rest of his life.

We shared a class in the cross disciplinary field of "The Philosophy of Science"

I don't remember what my own term paper subject was, but I remember his, roughly "Human Society at advent of the Technological Event Horizon" which takes your example to an extreme. In a world with unlimited energy and therefore (nearly) unlimited resources.. What happens? It started quite dark and then went in a surprising hopefully direction - rediscovery of the arts, space exploration, rekindling of the importance of personal relationships.

Thing is, that movement started a long time ago, though it was more of a cultural war against men to rile the population up to where this would make a difference. Buzzwords like white privilege, rape culture, gender equality, etc have made it so white men must either acknowledge their privilege then prostrate and martyr themselves in the name of social justice, or be branded as the enemy to women.

So now HRC just needs to go out there and say "We must pass this bill in the name of gender equality! No more can the patriarchy hold control over the women in this country!" and she'll get waves of cheers from SJW's, white knights, and women who buy into that bullshit.

I'm not really sure what kind of laws she can pass though, considering p4p is already illegal in like 48/50 states.

And as far as the future goes: I'm fearing that we're heading towards Demolition Man, or Equilibrium, where physical contact is illegal, anything that triggers an emotional reaction is illegal, anything that's "bad" for you is illegal, etc.... Though if you want to see about a potential fun future, check out the Post-Human series, fictional series/prediction of what the next 100 years will be like.

Thing is, that movement started a long time ago, though it was more of a cultural war against men to rile the population up to where this would make a difference. Buzzwords like white privilege, rape culture, gender equality, etc have made it so white men must either acknowledge their privilege then prostrate and martyr themselves in the name of social justice, or be branded as the enemy to women.

So now HRC just needs to go out there and say "We must pass this bill in the name of gender equality! No more can the patriarchy hold control over the women in this country!" and she'll get waves of cheers from SJW's, white knights, and women who buy into that bullshit.

I'm not really sure what kind of laws she can pass though, considering p4p is already illegal in like 48/50 states.

And as far as the future goes: I'm fearing that we're heading towards Demolition Man, or Equilibrium, where physical contact is illegal, anything that triggers an emotional reaction is illegal, anything that's "bad" for you is illegal, etc.... Though if you want to see about a potential fun future, check out the Post-Human series, fictional series/prediction of what the next 100 years will be like.

This has veered into very weird territory for me.. Cause, um, I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal, grew up in the West as a visible minority facing and pushing past racism, "privilege", glass ceilings, stereotypes and the like, through hard work, intellect, education and a whole lot of luck.

So keywords aside.. All else being equal, my trip would've been a whole lot easier if I grew up in a white middle class family, rather than a poor immigrant one with neither connections nor family capable of mentoring or tutoring me. Being a few inches taller would've be nice too.

I ask no one to lay down as a martyr for their race, gender, nationality or social class, but let's all nod and admit life isn't fair. We all control what we can and many of us have (or at least feel) we have more agency in our lives than others. The last 50-100 years of history favoured certain general demographics more than others. Things shift all the time. Many have had it much much worse than me.

So while my post may be hijacking this thread, I feel like it has been hijacked already.. So let's get back on topic? Decriminalize P4P already!

And as far as the future goes: I'm fearing that we're heading towards Demolition Man, or Equilibrium, where physical contact is illegal, anything that triggers an emotional reaction is illegal, anything that's "bad" for you is illegal, etc...

Please don't worry. Everything is going to be just fine...much better than that actually. People have been seeing doom and gloom around the corner for pretty much all of recorded history, but the reality is that life has been getting rather steadily better, fairer and easier on average for that whole time. See my post above:

https://tokyoadultguide.com/threads/american-guys-should-start-worrrying.12696/page-2#post-85123

and this one yet again:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-charts-to-be-thankful-for-this-thanksgiving/

-Ww

Last edited:
This has veered into very weird territory for me.. Cause, um, I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal, grew up in the West as a visible minority facing and pushing past racism, "privilege", glass ceilings, stereotypes and the like, through hard work, intellect, education and a whole lot of luck.

So keywords aside.. All else being equal, my trip would've been a whole lot easier if I grew up in a white middle class family, rather than a poor immigrant one with neither connections nor family capable of mentoring or tutoring me. Being a few inches taller would've be nice too.

I ask no one to lay down as a martyr for their race, gender, nationality or social class, but let's all nod and admit life isn't fair. We all control what we can and many of us have (or at least feel) we have more agency in our lives than others. The last 50-100 years of history favoured certain general demographics more than others. Things shift all the time. Many have had it much much worse than me.

No worries, but here's the thing: don't confuse my stance with this as an apathy to any of the above -isms. I abhore racism; real racism. Like the stuff we deal with in Japan where landlords can reject us solely because we're foreigners, where we can't go into p4p places, and even if we do, we only get to choose from 2 or 3 girls instead of 20-30 like all other Japanese people. That's racism and it pisses me off. What we're at now is where EVERYTHING is racist. My friends are all white, therefore I must be a white supremacist.. I drive a nice car, therefore it must be because of white privilege (I'm not even white...). I don't find what Trump said 11 years ago as sexual assault, therefore I must be a rape apologist. I see this as the new norm from the left, and when HRC gets in office, I feel like this is going to affirm people and make them embolden in their attacks.

The entire point of 'privilege' is that some people are given the gifts of race, socio-economic status, or even nationality that others don't get. There's a famous saying that "he was born on 3rd base and went through life thinking he hit a triple". THAT is privilege. If you have it, you can refuse to acknowledge it, but you still have it.

I abhore racism; real racism. Like the stuff we deal with in Japan where landlords can reject us solely because we're foreigners, where we can't go into p4p places, and even if we do, we only get to choose from 2 or 3 girls instead of 20-30 like all other Japanese people. That's racism and it pisses me off. What we're at now is where EVERYTHING is racist.

Are you saying that black people in the US aren't pulled over substantially more often because they are black? That there's still a LOT of racism ("real racism") in the US regarding housing?

My friends are all white, therefore I must be a white supremacist.. I drive a nice car, therefore it must be because of white privilege (I'm not even white...).

I don't find what Trump said 11 years ago as sexual assault, therefore I must be a rape apologist.

What Trump *said* wasn't sexual assault. And it wasn't that he was engaged in objectification like 'wow, look at her legs' or whatever -- although there's some that likely took offense to it. I didn't.

But saying that you walk up to women and 'grab them by the pussy' is admitting to sexual assault. Period. Full stop. Grabbing someone by their genitals without their consent is part of the legal definition of sexual assault. What outraged most people is Trump is essentially saying in that clip that a woman's consent doesn't matter - the subtext is "I'm rich so either women want to get with me, or they'll be so afraid to speak up that it doesn't matter what I do". This attitude should be a big, big problem for anyone who isn't a sociopath. Trump is practically the dictionary definition of someone born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.

I see this as the new norm from the left, and when HRC gets in office, I feel like this is going to affirm people and make them embolden in their attacks.

It's not a 'new norm'. Women have been getting sexually harassed and minorities have been discriminated against for a long time now. It's just now they've gotten a lot more noisy. And yeah, there's a lot of rigidity and radicalism on college campuses and elsewhere that's getting into true 'political correctness', where some minority college students don't want ANY discussion of certain topics, even in a negative sense.

And sure, having a female Democratic President in the White House might lead to some things that some upper class men might have issues with. Every social change or law passed has winners and losers. And as someone who lives a comfortable lifestyle and is somewhat liberal I don't have a big problem with changes Hillary is in favor of. I don't see her or her followers to be heavily redistributionist, or 'feminazis' or whatever. She's arguably more conservative than Obama is, and I think just like Obama as first black President she's not going to use her status as first woman President in an overly 'partisan' manner. Gender and sex are as big, if not bigger, of hot button issues as race has been. There's obviously going to be more focus on those with a female President, but I personally think that's a good thing.

The entire point of 'privilege' is that some people are given the gifts of race, socio-economic status, or even nationality that others don't get. There's a famous saying that "he was born on 3rd base and went through life thinking he hit a triple". THAT is privilege. If you have it, you can refuse to acknowledge it, but you still have it.
Yet America has the most income mobility of any developed nation in the world. Sure, you can get a head start, but it's still up to you to make something of it, and to say someone like Trump succeeded because of his privilege really takes away from the success in his life. So because I grew up in a two parent, middle class family in a low crime area, my success has nothing to do with all the hard work in my life, the 70+ hours a week I work right now? The struggles I've had to go through in the process of getting there? No, my success must be attributed to my privilege?

There are plenty of privileges, like being born into two parent households. Living in a low crime area. I strongly disagree with the fact that I should prostrate myself in the name of social justice because my parents made good decisions in their life. Further, I disagree with this privilege having anything to do with ethnicity. Studies have been done to death linking crime rate to single parenthood rate. I would argue that the 67% single parenthood rate in the black community has more to do with poverty and crime and less to do with race. No one is in these communities MAKING black people have babies, contraceptives are anywhere between free and cheap as hell, so what's the problem?

In black, two parent households, the poverty rate is 7%. In white single parent households, the poverty rate is 22%. Where's the white privilege there?

Are you saying that black people in the US aren't pulled over substantially more often because they are black? That there's still a LOT of racism ("real racism") in the US regarding housing?
Studies done have proven this to be false. An example is the DOJ did a study in NJ where they clocked speeding. They found that black people counted for 25% of the speeding, yet counted for 23% of those ticketed. There are lots of other studies done, but when you consider that black people make up the majority of the crime happening in America, it stands to reason that they'd get the most exposure to the police. I don't call that discrimination, I call that common sense.

Housing, we saw what happened when we went through subprime lending. People still ended up defaulting on their home loans, crashing the entire market. I don't think banks care about your race, so much as they care about your FICO score and your income. What the black community needs is to stop having kids they can't afford to take care of, finish high school, get a job, get off of welfare and accept a higher police presence to bring down crime in those areas. Lower crime means more businesses in that area, means more jobs, more money for everyone.

What Trump *said* wasn't sexual assault. And it wasn't that he was engaged in objectification like 'wow, look at her legs' or whatever -- although there's some that likely took offense to it. I didn't.

But saying that you walk up to women and 'grab them by the pussy' is admitting to sexual assault. Period. Full stop. Grabbing someone by their genitals without their consent is part of the legal definition of sexual assault. What outraged most people is Trump is essentially saying in that clip that a woman's consent doesn't matter - the subtext is "I'm rich so either women want to get with me, or they'll be so afraid to speak up that it doesn't matter what I do". This attitude should be a big, big problem for anyone who isn't a sociopath. Trump is practically the dictionary definition of someone born on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple.

Except we've known for a long time that a lot of women DO let celebrities do this. We also know that verbal consent isn't always used or needed in consensual encounters. I have never, EVER asked a girl point blank "Can we have sex now?" It was always 100% clear in subcommunication, and she always had the option to say no. That's true especially in Japan, and in the west since the myth that women who had too much sex were considered sluts, whores, etc. There's a lot of societal pressure on girls to avoid being "easy." I mean the climate in America feels like I need to have a girl fill out a contract and have it notarized before I can sleep with her.

Its the difference between positive affirmation vs negative affirmation. I do not deny for a second that some guys are idiots at reading subcommunications and go way too far and do rape girls. However, going too far in the other direction is where we're at now. Then, we have cases where a girl changes her mind AFTER having sex with the guy and reports him for rape. Yea, if you want to extend the definition of rape and sexual assault to include regret, then yea, there's a massive rape culture spawning across the planet. Reality is, rape has been on a steady decline for years. What you do by expanding the societal definition of rape vs the legal definition of rape is waste the time of police resources investigating bullshit, and make the police less likely to believe real rape victims.

However, I was at a club sometime last year, dancing with a girl. She reached over and started grabbing my junk and massaging it, sizing me up. If I had gone to the police crying sexual assault, I'd get laughed out of the police station. I guess that's female privilege?

It's not a 'new norm'. Women have been getting sexually harassed and minorities have been discriminated against for a long time now. It's just now they've gotten a lot more noisy. And yeah, there's a lot of rigidity and radicalism on college campuses and elsewhere that's getting into true 'political correctness', where some minority college students don't want ANY discussion of certain topics, even in a negative sense.
When you can attribute a lot of these things to a number of other factors, yet instantly jumping to the racism/sexism/etc I would argue doesn't help solve the problem. Show me policies, specific cases, people that are racist/sexist and I'll happily fight it with you. But to sit there and say it's some shadowy, ambiguous figure called white privilege or racism or sexism is a cop out. When you actually go and analyze all these things with data, you find out most of them are lies anyways. No, in America 1 in 5 women are not raped. No, there is not a 30% wage gap between women. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.

And sure, having a female Democratic President in the White House might lead to some things that some upper class men might have issues with. Every social change or law passed has winners and losers. And as someone who lives a comfortable lifestyle and is somewhat liberal I don't have a big problem with changes Hillary is in favor of. I don't see her or her followers to be heavily redistributionist, or 'feminazis' or whatever. She's arguably more conservative than Obama is, and I think just like Obama as first black President she's not going to use her status as first woman President in an overly 'partisan' manner. Gender and sex are as big, if not bigger, of hot button issues as race has been. There's obviously going to be more focus on those with a female President, but I personally think that's a good thing.
That's your call, personally I disagree heavily with this, but I'm hungry and gonna leave it here.

Reactions: HentaiHakujin
Yes, Hillary is out to get us white men. And I 'm sure massage parlors are first on her list.