Any places for Americans to visit in Hachioji?

mross0705

TAG Member
Reaction score
I'm an American visiting Hachioji this week....been here a few times and haven't really found any place for a massage with some extras or more, as I know a lot of places don't accept Gaijin. Ideally I'd be looking for later this evening....if anybody has any suggestions, please let me know. It's greatly appreciated!

There are a handful of shops in Hachioji north of the station but I think they usually don't allow any foreigners. Especially if you don't speak Japanese. You could try going to some spots but I would say keep your expectations super low.

However, on weekend nights there are usually some Chinese ladies looking for drunk/single guys. If they are in the area and you look a little lost, they will zone in on you and offer a "massage" for 10000 yen. I have no idea if they are active on weekday nights though...

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
There are a handful of shops in Hachioji north of the station but I think they usually don't allow any foreigners.

The pickings are extremely slim even for the locals. I think there is one soapland and a couple of relaxation massages. As you said the level of these places can be understood by the way they target drunk guys only.

The pickings are extremely slim even for the locals. I think there is one soapland and a couple of relaxation massages. As you said the level of these places can be understood by the way they target drunk guys only.

I went to one of them last year when I was here....it was ok. Tempted to go out and visit now for lack of anything better, but it's just ok. Wish there were something 1 or 2 train stops away.

You say you’re American. Ok . I trust you. But what kind? I think Hachijoji welcomes God-fearing, Trump-loving, 2nd Amendment worshipping citizens ... but if you’re from the opposite (evil) side, watch out!

You say you’re American. Ok . I trust you. But what kind? I think Hachijoji welcomes God-fearing, Trump-loving, 2nd Amendment worshipping citizens ... but if you’re from the opposite (evil) side, watch out!

Not sure I know what that means with regard to my post.

Wish there were something 1 or 2 train stops away.

Well, Hachioji is the biggest city around there and the station is the intersection of three different train lines. So it is as good as the boondocks can be.

The best fun there is to stand in the train line and try to see the big city lights in the eastern horizon.

Well, Hachioji is the biggest city around there and the station is the intersection of three different train lines. So it is as good as the boondocks can be.

The best fun there is to stand in the train line and try to see the big city lights in the eastern horizon.

Not even a good bar to try and hook up with someone in!

You'll find some Chinese massage places out at night......like now for example girls will be looking for customers

You'll find some Chinese massage places out at night......like now for example girls will be looking for customers

Yeah but is it good enough for Americans (capital A)?

Not even a good bar to try and hook up with someone in!

Well, they do have Hub. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

9781449458263_frontcover.jpg

Yeah but is it good enough for Americans (capital A)?
If they're good enough for the French then they're good enough for anybody :p

Reactions: Frenchy
I assume you’re talking about the ones that hang out on the walking street over by Don Q?
It's been years since I've been there but yes. HUB "can" be good maybe there. There's a few interesting places......well, there were.....now I have no idea but there's probably no plans on cleaning up that area of Tokyo.

Zactly! (Maybe even too good)
What's the old saying about the French? They'd do a snake if they could get it under the rock? :p hahaha

Still alive and well after 1000 years+ of history mate ;)

But my point was ... who would post a thread titled “Any good places for French (or Brits, or Greeks, whatever) in Hachioji”?
You gotta be American to do that! :)

Reactions: MikeH