Guest viewing is limited

Asking Your Opinion/advices About My Story

Bulbasaur

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
i'm new from this site! Sorry for the many mistakes i could do (i'm not native english speaking).
I just want to share my story and ask you advices about japan relationships..

Preface: I was been in japan only once, 1 month ago, and i get stunned about how i like the country and the people that live in there.
But you know, live a country like tourist is totally a different thing regard to live in there..

I have met a lot of japan friends on my first jouney in Tokyo, 5 or 6 of them known by a intercultural site weeks or months before my trip and enjoyed a lot the time spent togheter..

I have met a girl, 2 days after i come back to my country in the same way of the other japanese friends met..
We started to talk a lot, (really a lot for a japanese girl that has a work ) , she didn't sleep or barely sleep for days only to talk to me, and we have a lot chemistry even if we don't have many things in common..
She even tell me that i like her a lot (by pictures and character of mine) and 1 month is passed away..

She really want to meet me in real, and she even started a second job only to make more money to make a trip in my country, but i asked her to stop it and i have buyed the ticket to japan by my own to see her next week.

I know, i'm really crazy.. Probably we are both.. Things are rushing a lot and i like what is coming from this, but at the same time i'm a little afraid!
And i want to ask your opinion about all of this to be a little more realistic about everything else!

I need even some advices about what i could do when i come there to her (she will host me in her single house for few days) things that could impress her and things i have NOT to do for not making mistakes.

On my previous meeting with the japan girls friends on my last trip i offer lunch or dinner to the girls to thank them for having make me see a lot of things and for their kindness, and some of them were really impressed by that (2 of them asked me to have a relationship even only the first meeting but i was not involved then i refuse)

Sorry for the WOT, and thanks in advance for the replies (if there will be xD)
If you have any question i'll reply ofcourse!

TJB?

Inside joke. He's not calling you boring......

Reactions: just4fun
If I understand your question, you're asking what to do to impress your host when you stay at her place?
[1] Be on time for everything: aim for 15 minutes before meeting time, or if you're going somewhere together, be ready to go 15 minutes before
[2] Be neat and clean with your room. Make the bed in the morning, keep your clothes hung in the closet or in your bag
[3] Learn bathing etiquette
[4] Always have ~30,000yen available to pick up the tab, especially if you go out with her and her female friends (if you're in a mixed group, just pick up your portion of the bill along with your host's: the guys should have jobs that pay enough). Don't do the credit card thing: so tacky.
[5] Taxis are the preferred transport if you're in Tokyo once you're all together. So usually train or taxi to the meeting spot, walk or taxis to various venues, and then train home if you don't miss the last train. Again, have extra cash for this.
[6] Bring a few extra small gifts from your country (these are called omiage). You'll never know if you'll run into one of her close friends or her relatives during your trip. If the meeting is a complete surprise, you can ask your host to give the gift to her friend/family after you get back to her place.
[7] Be up for everything! You didn't say your ethnicity, but if you don't look Japanese, she'll be turning you out like a show dog. It might get tiring answering the same questions repeatedly to different groups of her friends, but get used to it.
[8] See [1]. I cannot stress this enough.

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

If I understand your question, you're asking what to do to impress your host when you stay at her place?

[3] Learn bathing etiquette
Need to check it!

[4] Always have ~30,000yen available to pick up the tab, especially if you go out with her and her female friends (if you're in a mixed group, just pick up your portion of the bill along with your host's: the guys should have jobs that pay enough). Don't do the credit card thing: so tacky.

Yea i'm going to meet her bestfriend too one of the days! I'll take some money with me!

[7] Be up for everything! You didn't say your ethnicity, but if you don't look Japanese, she'll be turning you out like a show dog. It might get tiring answering the same questions repeatedly to different groups of her friends, but get used to it.
I'm from europe, i don't look japanese at all.. What do you mean with dog show?

Good luck and enjoy your stay.

Thank you for the reply ^^

In addition to following all of @John Chavers' excellent advice, be sure to relax and be yourself! ;)

-Ww

Thank you for the advices!
I have never met a japanese person before my trip on last month, and i feel like there is a trick under the corner, because she is soo kind and nice everytime, (7,5/10 good looking) she will host me and do anything that could happen..
I know that she is probably "infatuated" of me, but it can really happen or i have to be more cautious about all this story?

I have read a lot of threads around this forum about relationship, and on reading them i became more and more susceptible

Stop worrying and enjoy your trip. (y)