Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Dom Dom Burger

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

Cinnabums

Pussy Connoisseur
Contributor License
Reaction score
Gotta love Bijin Lab for always delivering at a reasonable price, thanks for the review!

The only bad part was Burger King for breakfast, much better options to be had!
This quote obviously deserves it's on thread.

What's your favourite Burger joint(chain) in Japan?

Will give my choice and motivation later.

There's is only 7 chains having outlets nationwide.

McDonald's
MOS Burger
Lotteria
Freshness Burger
Burger King
Dom Dom Burger
First Kitchen

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: plooped
I personally found Mos Burger to be a letdown, and Freshness Burger to be more to my taste, One thing America does better than Japan for sure is Burger Chains. Nothing comes close to Whataburger or Five Guys in the States for me.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Agreed that burger chains in the US are great. But Japan does have some great non-chain burger places.

I mean they have some shit ones too though. Brooklyn Parlor in Shinjuku always seems to get great reviews but their burgers are pure shite. But my tastes veer towards smash burgers (best UK example is meat liquor) and I haven't found great examples in Japan.

I just don't visit burger chains...doesn't matter if it's Japan or Europe (can't speak for the US) I find the quality and taste just disappointing. Especially in Japan there are always better options close by.

I get a burger maybe twice a year, and when I get one I order some overpriced one at a restaurant to make sure it is hot, greasy and huge.

Reactions: Alice
Chain burger places are all garbage. Outback or Hard Rock a bit less so, but still not great.

If you want a good burger, go to Arms Burgers on the south side of Yoyogi Park.

As for chains.

Burger King when hungry, with the online coupons for different Whopper meals the value is great, always a few different meals available with a 300 yen discount.

McDonald's in Japan beats all European outlets I have tried except for the fact that Mac Tasty isn't on the menue.

For taste, Freshness Burger, size is for hobbits though.

Won't mention smaller chains not available nationwide.

Oh man, this is the WORST burger chain in, not just Japan, but the whole world.

Have you never eaten a hamburger before??

Mods, can we ban this guy?
If @TAG Manager is going to ban people for food related crimes, I don't think it's his taste in burgers that will get him on the short list....

Teddy's burgers in Harajuku (Hawaiian chain) is pretty good as are the burgers at Midtown BBQ

I'm not qualified to speak on it since I have had just 1 burger in Japan but it was some place in Ikebukero near the love hotels called HUNGRYHEAVEN. I had been in Asia in general for months at that point and I just walked in when I saw a photo of a burger outside of the place. (photo from google maps)

1709046129002.png

Lets just say Bacon outside of the US is a scam and people should feel bad for calling it bacon. The owners seemed to enjoy having some random Texan with next to no Japanese visiting though. The burger was good other than the bacon thing.

Expensive Chain: J.S. Burger
Used to be Cheap Chain: Wendy’s
Cheap Chain: MOS Burger

Having grown up in the Midwest USA, then lived in California, Miami, and New York City for periods of time I will say Japan has really upped its burger game simply because of the quality of beef. I wouldn’t be surprised if 2-3 years from now a Japanese hamburger shop debuts and makes waves in the USA.

I just don't visit burger chains...doesn't matter if it's Japan or Europe (can't speak for the US) I find the quality and taste just disappointing. Especially in Japan there are always better options close by.

I get a burger maybe twice a year, and when I get one I order some overpriced one at a restaurant to make sure it is hot, greasy and huge.
Every German I know hates hamburgers. Every single one of them.

Which doesn’t make sense at all because historically this is the culture that birthed it (yes I KNOW it wasn’t invented there but you know what I mean.) Even more ironically foods like kebab and currywurst have become huge there.

Every German I know hates hamburgers. Every single one of them.

Hehe, especially in recent years so many burger restaurants popped up in Germany that this is not true. People just stopped going to the well known chains because the quality just wasn't great...this lead to local chains gaining more and more traction as well as Mc Donald's starting a huge greenwashing campaign and upping their quality (and prices).

I don't hate hamburgers...I just don't understand the hype about most fast foods. Hamburgers, Tacos, Subway Sandwiches, whatever. In countries that have not a lot of options this seems convenient, but in Japan you can get freshly cooked set meals for less money around every corner.

Reactions: Gina
Hamburgers, Tacos, Subway Sandwiches
All of these foods are amazing when made right, just not the fast food versions. I also do not understand how fast food is so popular. Actually as an American I am shocked constantly because fast food places seem much more popular in other countries, they are always very crowded (Though to be fair thats because I guess most in the US use the drive thru).