Votes: 11 22.4%
  • MOS Burger

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • First Kitchen/Wendys

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Dom Dom Burger

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
Looks like TAG-taste isn't that bad after all!

Screenshot_20240302-134957472 (1).jpg

Reactions: Gina and Alice
The correct answer is Lucky Pierrot but since it's not nationwide , Freshness has to do

No doubt, the Chinese Chicken Burger and a cup of fries (plus those cheap beer mugs) are one of the few highlights of Hakodate. I'm actually headed back there again this month, most likely. I always try to incorporate LP into my day, no matter what. Wake up in the early AM, go for an hour jog on the pier, catch a tiny breakfast at the hotel buffet, soak in the rooftop rotenburo, hit Asaichi for king crab and beer after the breakfast rush when all the fucking tourists are gone, go wandering around town for a couple hours chugging Sapporo Classic at every stop and buying snacks then hit LP in the afternoon before the dinner crowd. Usually finish off my night with a good shio ramen, one more drunken trip to the bath and then it's lights-out by 9pm. I'm getting fucking old.

As for the chains...

In all my years there, I never ate once at Lotteria. Something about it is just unappealing.

Had no idea BK was in Japan, and wouldn't eat there even if I knew. Things that can happen when you're gone 15 years.

I always had a soft spot for the teri-burger at Mos, especially since we used to have it in my hometown when I was in elementary school and there was a shop around the corner from my first NOVA 1k flat.

I avoid McDonald's just out of principle.

Freshness was always a very decent burger, although a bit pricey compared to the rest...at least to 24yo me, 20 years ago. IIRC, they had pretty great onion rings for a chain shop. I remember there was a Freshness right across the street from the old Osaka immigration bureau, so after every time I'd have to stand in line for two hours amongst a sea of third-world savages just to get my fucking re-entry pass I'd reward myself with a burger and onion rings for being so polite about it.

For fifteen years I've been coming back to Japan to visit and every time I do I promise myself I'll go grab a burger at MOS or Freshness. For whatever reason, I never get around to it.

Reactions: Gina
The correct answer is Lucky Pierrot but since it's not nationwide , Freshness has to do
Makes me wonder if the owner knows the meaning of Lucky Pierre….

I really enjoyed Wendy's back when they re-launched and started opening combined locations with First Kitchen. The fries with custom seasonings and dips were amazing. However, they seem to have dealt with inflation by seriously downsizing their product and now everything on the menu is a miniature version of what it used to be.

That leaves pretty much no decent burger chain in Japan, IMO. I still go to McDonalds for cheap coffee and free wifi. But for a good burger in Tokyo you really have to go to an independent shop. Fortunately there are a LOT of those. Aldebaran, Blacows, Brozers, Whoopi Goldburger, Burger Police, etc. etc.

Reactions: jackoffinthebox
I'm actually headed back there again this month, most likely.
Have fun and down as much burgers and fries as you can while you're here. I've just about figured out what each store's specific menus are, and among them I really love the ebi-chicken bowl in Mihara. It's also been an unseasonably cold March so far; hardest snow this season

There are so many stand-alone burger places, or mini-chains with 2-3 locations, that there is not much excuse for going to a nasty chain, unless you are really pressed for time or money. But I am in the habit of popping into Mos burger after a morning visit to BijinLab, as I know I can order, eat and head for the station in under 10 minutes.

Added First Kitchen/Wendys and Dom Dom Burger, feel free to change your vote.

Thank you. I grew up with Dom Dom, and that's always the best Japanese burger to me (despite the number of outlets now is a fraction of what used to be). Mos was way better many years ago, constantly disappont me whenever I return.

MOS Burger is a good choice for those who like vegetarian options.

Reactions: Alice
Have fun and down as much burgers and fries as you can while you're here. I've just about figured out what each store's specific menus are, and among them I really love the ebi-chicken bowl in Mihara. It's also been an unseasonably cold March so far; hardest snow this season

Friends have been telling me this year has been particularly cold--cold enough this month that the sakura bloom is forecast for later than usual in Tokyo/Osaka. Could've fooled me, since I was sweating my ass off last October in the Kanto heat. In any event, I'm not packing my winter jackets just for two or three nights up north so I'll just get extra intoxicated before I stagger on down to LP in my thermal fleece. I think I usually hit the one on the furthest end of Suehirocho, past the two others closer to the station. Less tourists, quieter, but at the end of the day Hakodate is so tiny it doesn't really matter.

Kua Aina, J.S. Burgers and Village Vanguard are all good mini-chains that beat fast food. Burg Holic in Yotsuya and Burgmania in Ebisu are some of the best stand-alones.

is that some strange sex move?
Borrowing from Urban Dictionary, though I learned it from a Playboy magazine in the 70s....

Lucky Pierre

The person in the middle position of a three person threesome. To achieve the status of Lucky Pierre they must be both penetrated by the person behind them and penetrating the person in front of them simultaneously.

This is not an exclusively homosexual act performed by three gentlemen. It can be performed by one lucky gentleman and two ladies, one of whom is equipped with a strap on dildo. It can be performed by two bisexual gentleman and a lady, it can even be performed by three ladies sharing two strap ons. The possibilities are numerous.
Anne, Bob and Christie decided to have the night of their dreams. As Bob fucked Anne, Christie pegged him with her strap on, and there was much rejoicing. Bob had finally become a Lucky Pierre and could now die a happy man.

For fast food, Shake Shack is pretty good and I also enjoy Wendy’s. Wish they had the chocolate frosties though.

As some of you have said, there are plenty of good burger joints in Tokyo but most of them you have to wait in line for 15-20 minutes and then takes another 15-20 minutes to get your food.

I guess the trade off between time and quality, not to mention price.

Shake Shack blows. The burgers are soggy slabs of mush and the fries might as well be made of cardboard. Maybe the shakes are good but I am not into consuming tons of sugar these days.

Reactions: psd
Duality of Man incoming:
Shake Shack is a good call actually. Well overpriced, and always full of people who want to be seen eating at Shake Shack, but the food is good.

Reactions: Dattebayo
Shake Shack has good reputations, indeed. But the buns are like brioches, I feel they are too rich flavors and heavy. And, we have to make queues to get the food. One of my friend loves the sweets, with full of cream and chocolate.

McDonald for urgency only, like no other options or when we feel very defeated what we ordered in an expensive restaurant somehow.

I went Otsuka the other day. There are McDonald, Burger King, Freshness Burger. Burger King provides coupon application for smartphones. Currently, I feel it is cheaper than McDonald if I use the coupons. So, I chose Burger King. Well balanced for the cost, time and quality among the threes.
Still, I prefer 100% beef patties.

I used to go to mickey D's once a year to remind myself why I don't go more. I finally learned.

• Wow
Reactions: Alice and Gina
I know a lot of people don't like the fries at Shake Shack like, "uggghhh these are frozen... why not use fresh hand cut" but they actually tried that and it didn't go well. They went back to the frozen fries after the people revolted

• Sad
I know a lot of people don't like the fries at Shake Shack like, "uggghhh these are frozen... why not use fresh hand cut" but they actually tried that and it didn't go well. They went back to the frozen fries after the people revolted
I like their fries. As long as they are not frozen anymore when I eat them, it’s fine with me.

Borrowing from Urban Dictionary, though I learned it from a Playboy magazine in the 70s....

Lucky Pierre

The person in the middle position of a three person threesome. To achieve the status of Lucky Pierre they must be both penetrated by the person behind them and penetrating the person in front of them simultaneously.

This is not an exclusively homosexual act performed by three gentlemen. It can be performed by one lucky gentleman and two ladies, one of whom is equipped with a strap on dildo. It can be performed by two bisexual gentleman and a lady, it can even be performed by three ladies sharing two strap ons. The possibilities are numerous.
Anne, Bob and Christie decided to have the night of their dreams. As Bob fucked Anne, Christie pegged him with her strap on, and there was much rejoicing. Bob had finally become a Lucky Pierre and could now die a happy man.
We learned something new today!