Guest viewing is limited

Best Conbini?

If I could only choose one conbini to go to for the rest of my time in Japan, it would be...

• Seven Eleven

• Lawson

• FamilyMart

• Other...

Results are only viewable after voting.
There is a Lawson next door to my apartment in Japan. When I first moved in there I didn't really think much of the place, as the appeal of the multitudinous 7-11s and FamilyMarts dotting up Kanto enticed me over and over again to partake in my convenient communion in those shops instead.

That is...until I discovered the following things:

1. Karaage-kun and their seasonal flavor variants. They are glorified chicken nuggets, but I find the grease content considerably less than FamiChiki, and Seven-Eleven's literally spill a spoonful of oil after the first bite of any of their chicken, which I find fucking disgusting.

2. L Chiki Buns, which are great not just for chicken sandwiches, but also can easily double as hamburger buns for those of us who want to make a real fucking hamburger without buying a huge pack at COSTCO. Family Mart has buns, but they have fucking potato mayo salad shit in them that ruins the experiecne, and 7-11 just basically hints that you should buy a pastry as your bun then fuck off (@Cinnabums breathe brother, just breathe...)

3. Taiwan Tea, which is available at just about any Natural Lawson along with a few other high end goods.

The bento and ready-made pasta meals all have their flair and appeal to all of us differently from each conbini, so I really don't think one shop definitively wins in these categories. But Lawson is tremendously overlooked, likely due to its uninteresting Courier New logo that tries to champion authenticity in an age of Open Sans.

In a more important light, there is also this VR of Aoi Tsukasa getting fucked in clothes that clearly look Lawson-ish.
NSFW: https://www.dmm.co.jp/digital/videoa/-/detail/=/cid=sivr00095/

1. Karaage-kun and their seasonal flavor variants. They are glorified chicken nuggets, but I find the grease content considerably less than FamiChiki, and Seven-Eleven's literally spill a spoonful of oil after the first bite of any of their chicken, which I find fucking disgusting.

To be honest usually only buy the ready to eat warm stuff at Conbinis when I am already drunk.....and nothing beats the greasy glory of FamiChiki after a few drinks :p

But yeah, Karaagekun is cute and easy to eat.

I’ve become rather fond of pizza buns sold in various conbini. If you haven’t tried them yet, they are available among other steamed buns by the counter.

Steamed buns are originally a Chinese dish, but so far I’ve only seen pizza buns in Japan.

You didn't know? Pizza-man have been around longer than Jan Jan Sugamo.
Their most terrifying blowjob-mummy, Rino, expressed how Toyotomi Hideyoshi would request one at the local conbini after utilizing her services.

So, in 6 months of being here, I have avoided the sandwiches and instant ramen like the plague. On my first trip 5 years ago, I ate too many of those shitty sandwiches and didn't wanna eat instant ramen if I can just have the real deal.

Few days ago I was feeling absolutely fucked mentally, the kind of "fuck life, I don't wanna do anything"-mood so I only went out to 7-11, picked up their Nakiryu instant ramen, hot lemon tea and a bag of salted crisps. Maybe it was because I was in the dumpster, but my god - that instant ramen tasted better than some of the shit I had in Tokyo...

Also, I might go actually go full "fuck it"-mode and do some approaches in the only place that I could actually strike up a conversation in due to having (possibly) the same interest as the girls there - Akiba. I may report back. Or maybe not. That ramen ignited something.

Last edited:
Had my first Karagekun red in 3 years last night after a few beers. Absolute best drunk conbini snack.
After all this Karagekun-Talk i'll get some next time a pass a Lawson drunk.

Shit, just ordered Karaage-Curry at Sutadonya. Fuck, I'll be dead for days after that....the portion size is ridiculous.

I tried the FamilyMart garlic pepper duck this afternoon. I recommend.

I tried the yuzu pepper FamiChiki at lunch. It was good.
Also had the chocolate-man still at Family Mart. It used to be sold only during Valentine season so it was a good surprise.

Got my first Karaagekun after a long long time today....meh. Not a fan. No comparison to the glory of Famichicki 🤤
It’s Christmas. Christ was born to save fucking filthy Famichiki eating fuckfaces like you, so only today you are forgiven.

Just realize you will be damned if you even try to call that shit from Seven Eleven tasty.

:p

Reactions: uchimura
t’s Christmas. Christ was born to save fucking filthy Famichiki eating fuckfaces like you, so only today you are forgiven.

Just realize you will be damned if you even try to call that shit from Seven Eleven tasty.

:p

I like it because it is so greasy...perfect comfort food. You said that you hate it exactly for that.

Karagekun tastes good, but it's too dry 😋

• Haha
Reactions: requiemmorrow
I like it because it is so greasy...perfect comfort food. You said that you hate it exactly for that.

Karagekun tastes good, but it's too dry 😋
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

In an objective world, opinions can be wrong. 🔥

Opinions matter on this and that but who serves the best softcream?

I think we all can agree on Ministop!

Lets tightly hold our hands together and sing

Reactions: CharlieSimms
I have to revise my opinion a bit. Just had "Double Consome"-flavor Karagekun after a few beer....lol....that just tatsed so wrong that I really enjoyed it. Was also more juicy this time around 👍