Guest viewing is limited

Best Tokyo Nomi Hodai For Spirit Drinkers

Genji88

TAG Member
Reaction score
I know that Tokyo has lots of options for all you can drink beer & wine, but what about spirit drinkers? I HATE beer & only like good wine with a good meal.
Much more of a Bourbon, Vodka & Whisk(e)y fan.
Any advice & recommendations are appreciated.

I dunno if you'll find a nomihoudai place for nicer beverages. The closest you might get are places that do all you can drink highballs and what have you.

Aww shucks! I wasn't expecting to be drinking neat Macallan or such on the cheap but not having cruddy spirits as an option is annoying. Thanks for your input anyway

If you're a regular at your local izakaya, they'll usually have bottle keep service. You could always prep something you like to drink and ask them to hang on to it for you.

Costco is starting to carry better alcohol (look for the glass case in the wine section).

If you're a regular at your local izakaya, they'll usually have bottle keep service. You could always prep something you like to drink and ask them to hang on to it for you.

Costco is starting to carry better alcohol (look for the glass case in the wine section).
JC, Can you bring your own bottle (If it's something they can't get/find?) There was a snack I used to go to awhile back and they really fucked me on both ends......super overcharged me for the bottle and kept raping me on drink charges (guess they thought I was more stupid than dumb is my thinking)

Reactions: John Chavers
Just ask the mama. They never carry anything better than mid-range imoshuchu at the place I frequent, so I usually talk up some other brand "I've recently tried" and ask if she can stock it. If she says she can't, that's when I lead in with, "okay, I'll bring a bottle next time so we can try it together." Bottle brought, partially sampled, and up on the rack with my name. (y)

Reactions: just4fun
She said she could get a bottle for me and charged me triple the normal price.......really pissed me off but I figured this is the system. (she told me drinks would a lot cheaper if I had my own bottle but she charged me more than before)
Sounds like your place is beter than mine

Reactions: John Chavers
If she can stock it, you really should pay the inflated price at the bar. (y)