Guest viewing is limited

Can men and women be just friends?

My best friend is female. We have been friends since elementary school. (Primary school for you non-US people). I've seen her naked and vice versa. We've talked in great detail about each others sexual relationships and exploits. We have been there for each other for bad breakups, good breakups, bad relationships, good relationships, bad marriages. long lonely periods of being single and everything in between.

I won't say I've never had a sexual thought about her. She's an extremely attractive women today and very much more so in her teens and early twenties when I last saw her in the nude. I'm only human. But nothing ever happened and I don't feel any regret about that. She's been the only constant friend in my life I can tell literally anything.

I guess If I was friends with a girl from a young enough age (under 6), there might be chance id see her like a sister?

Well, did your dick at least get hard? :)

Pretty amazing to have a friendship last that long too.

Of course it did lol. That's the only reason I didn't use the "she's like my sister line" lol. I could never have sex with a sister. But I wouldn't rule it out with my bff still. I figure that our friendship is stable enough at this point to survive that if it happened. Not that either of us are likely to seek it out but mix alcohol in with crazy adventures and it could happen.

Curious here... why make the distinction of Friend and Female ? A Friend is just that. (ok, I understand why the question) but as a Friend, it doesn't matter if Male or Female... Friend is gender neutral. Now if you ask, do you have Females you consider friends and would you tap that... it's an entirely different matter - which this post seems to follow and people's responses are addressing. I have a female friend here in Tokyo she's not Japanese, but Indonesian.. she shares everything with me except her body.. She's even told me about getting a facial from a guy that ended up in her blowing a bubble from her nose - so naturally her nickname from me is "Bubbles" :p When you share a "friend" type connection with the opposite sex, it has loads of advantages... like they can be your wingman in a bar and lots of women like the competition of trying to steal a dude away from another chick - just to see if they can, not cuz the dude is all that... we have lots of fun in bars this way.. Then the look on the other girls face when she finds out we are just friends is priceless.:D again... having fun together. I relate more to female's because I grew up with older sisters... as long as they are not drama queens, then all is good. I also have male friends, but they are less for me especially in Tokyo... If you need to go someplace and your SB, FWB not available, then FF (Female Friend) can fill the spot if they are available.
Now of course, I'll admit, some of the FF I have banged and some I have not. just depends on the connection and if the relationship can be managed as such. All friendships & relationships require effort, if it is one sided they usually don't last too long in my experience. Also, FF are way more nasty in their sex talks than dudes any day of the week... prime example is Bubbles...:rolleyes: just my experience and opinion on this topic... but it's good to hear other's experience and stories... some are funny... Can't believe the one where she tried to steal the wake money... LMFAO.....

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I thought a few years back that friendship with an attractive woman was impossible.
Actually it is possible.
First, you don't have to own your thoughts.
I mean it's not because you are thinking once in a while about fucking her, that you should define this thought as an instrumental part of your relationship. I would even tend to go one step further. Even if you fucked her, you can still be friend as long as this is clear you're not a suitable long term partner. This being said I do consider my wife as my best friend.

In my opinion, friendship with woman is inherently different from friendship with men. With an attractive woman, I have a certain curiosity about the way she thinks and feels and tend to be much more a listener than giving pieces of advice. I would be much more attuned with the emotional dimension of the conversation.
With a man, I would tend to be much less emotional. We usually share an interest for an activity.

Curious here... why make the distinction of Friend and Female ? A Friend is just that. (ok, I understand why the question) but as a Friend, it doesn't matter if Male or Female... Friend is gender neutral. Now if you ask, do you have Females you consider friends and would you tap that... it's an entirely different matter - which this post seems to follow and people's responses are addressing. I have a female friend here in Tokyo she's not Japanese, but Indonesian.. she shares everything with me except her body.. She's even told me about getting a facial from a guy that ended up in her blowing a bubble from her nose - so naturally her nickname from me is "Bubbles" :p When you share a "friend" type connection with the opposite sex, it has loads of advantages... like they can be your wingman in a bar and lots of women like the competition of trying to steal a dude away from another chick - just to see if they can, not cuz the dude is all that... we have lots of fun in bars this way.. Then the look on the other girls face when she finds out we are just friends is priceless.:D again... having fun together. I relate more to female's because I grew up with older sisters... as long as they are not drama queens, then all is good. I also have male friends, but they are less for me especially in Tokyo... If you need to go someplace and your SB, FWB not available, then FF (Female Friend) can fill the spot if they are available.
Now of course, I'll admit, some of the FF I have banged and some I have not. just depends on the connection and if the relationship can be managed as such. All friendships & relationships require effort, if it is one sided they usually don't last too long in my experience. Also, FF are way more nasty in their sex talks than dudes any day of the week... prime example is Bubbles...:rolleyes: just my experience and opinion on this topic... but it's good to hear other's experience and stories... some are funny... Can't believe the one where she tried to steal the wake money... LMFAO.....

Damn I would love to meet Bubbles! Even for just social time. My kind of fun lady ! :D

It depends on at what point your lady friend decides to change the rules and want to take the relationship somewhere it shouldn’t go. Such is life. Otherwise the time that you were just friends can be great most of the time. Some of my best friends have been females for whatever reason until that line was crossed. So for me no. At some point plutonic becomes more of an afterthought. Recently to prevent such I started the 3 girl trend. All three texted me to meet them individually. Then the meetings escalated into seeing each one alone until lines were crossed by all 3. The end result was like always, can’t just be friends. All three of them said that they had no romantic interest in me, and each one is different, yet all 3 crossed the line. The just friends might be done by only certain people, but I guess not me. I’m too curious.

Reactions: TheScientist
I've had a female friend who, at least for me, is extremely attractive (she's done some modelling so I'm not the only one) - not just in the physical sense but personality as well. When we go out we never know if we are going to just have a platonic evening talking about life and things that matter, or end up in a love hotel - or doing it in a construction site. I know her likes and dislikes in bed, her history, who she's dating or not, etc. We will go months without meeting and then meet a couple times a week for a while. I've never had a relationship like this nor known anybody like her.

I've had guy friends I've been intimate and remained friends with (and even become friends with their current girlfriends), and guy friends where nothing has ever happened and probably never will. While I'm sure everyone has at least once thought of what it would be like to fuck their friend, I believe it's just out of curiosity rather than attraction.

And if it happens, let it happen and then let it go. People are so fussy when it comes to sex as if it changes everything - unless someone catches feelings then it should be fine. Just have fun!
Well said. My thoughts exactly. How come we're not best friends? (hahaha)

Reactions: Emma-Emerio
Apparently in nihon this can be done. Japanese men and women prefer sexless friendships to keep up appearances and facades . The men do it t protect themselves from pressure to marry from family members and accidental regnancy. They also think it allows them to get to know their female companion better.

I stand corrected perhaps the two sexes can do it.