Guest viewing is limited

Categorizing Guys in Japan...

ur19877

TAG Member
Reaction score
On some DH girl profile pages, google translated the word to 'herbivore' to what type of guy the girl likes... I wondered what that meant..

Last night, while studying Japanese, I finally understood what that meant. With a quick google search, I came across this article.

https://japantoday.com/category/fea...es-to-herbivores-how-men-are-defined-in-japan

Interesting read to learn more about Japanese culture...

Me? I am a freaking meat eater....but I think I could be classified as 'creamy danshi' as well.. except for the beautiful skin part..haha..

On some DH girl profile pages, google translated the word to 'herbivore' to what type of guy the girl likes... I wondered what that meant..

Last night, while studying Japanese, I finally understood what that meant. With a quick google search, I came across this article.

https://japantoday.com/category/fea...es-to-herbivores-how-men-are-defined-in-japan

Interesting read to learn more about Japanese culture...

Me? I am a freaking meat eater....but I think I could be classified as 'creamy danshi' as well.. except for the beautiful skin part..haha..

I've read that the antonym of Rolled Cabbage Men is Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Men who look like Nikushoku but actually Soshoku.

Stuffed Bell Pepper Men are guys who think they are Rolled Cabbage Men but not veggie enough to wrap their meaty intention.

I'm probably either Cabbage or Pepper - sometimes well stuffed sometimes not.

Hahaha.... more than one woman I know has applied the cabbage roll aphorism to me. A layer of herbivore on the surface, but it's all carnivore underneath. :)

They also have a stupid stereotype in Japan that girls who like meat equals girls who like sex.

I don't eat meat. I eat dick like there is no tomorrow though.

I thought this was my own post.. couldn't agree more. Well, you should see it in a positive light, it eliminates all the wrong people.

They also have a stupid stereotype in Japan that girls who like meat equals girls who like sex.

I don't eat meat. I eat dick like there is no tomorrow though.

Those joke categories have nothing to do with people’s actual dietary preferences. The reason why it mocks dietary preferences is of Japanese slang use of a word “taberu/kuu” (to eat) which implies “to have sex”. A good example is shown in an old proverb “suezen kuwanu wa otoko no haji.” which is quoted at the top of the below article
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2.../equal-opportunity-infidelity-comes-to-japan/
The carnivorous (sexually active)/herbivorous (sexually inactive) dichotomy was added just recently, having nothing to do with actual eating habits.

On another note, why would a deriheru girl say she likes sexually inactive guys? Even if she is literally tired of sex, it would not be good marketing to say such a thing.

When those sexually inactive guys are pushed out of the picture into either Fasting Men (断食系男子 Danjiki-kei) or Abstain Men (絶食系男子 Zesshoku-kei), the nikushoku-soshoku categorization's focus shifts to the difference in attitudes of sexually active men. At the end of the day, either nikushoku or soshoku, they both love "eating". The nikushoku-kei are thought to be aggressive and the soshoku-kei are thought to be passive. What the DH girl was meant to say is that she is ready to lead the play and thus likes a man who can accept it.

I find using words to express my feelings to be so boring..

Sigh, the youngsters today are hopeless. Like they have been the past couple of thousands of years.

I do understand maybe little less than half of the pictures and emojis I get in Line from my lady friends. Though most would say that is more than I understand written words in any language so all good I guess?

Reactions: ur19877
Sigh, the youngsters today are hopeless. Like they have been the past couple of thousands of years.

I do understand maybe little less than half of the pictures and emojis I get in Line from my lady friends. Though most would say that is more than I understand written words in any language so all good I guess?

Haha... I think I am older than you??
I am trying to stay young though...

I don't understand many stickers as well.... i was sent one that looks like a dog that was exhaling smoke... it was explained to me that it was the soul escaping the dog... she was shocked in a bit of horror...as she thought she was using the microphone to dictate a message, and instead, she sent me a voice message..
it was nice...

quick question wise one...and all..

How would you respond to "syoutai site kereru?"
I think the translation is something like, "wouldn't you like to go with me?"
help please~~

Haha... I think I am older than you??

I was born at a very young age but I have recovered since then.

I am guessing that would be 招待してくれる? (syoutai shite kureru?) which would translate as "Would you invite me?" (or will/can)

In any case if she is hot then the obvious answer is "yes, of course!".

help please~~

I hope you are sure that it's not "shoukai site kureru?" (Would you introduce me to him/her/them etc.?)

If she was talking about her plan to travel US, "shoutai shite kureru?" might mean "Would you host me?"