D&D: The Icy North will Consume Your Soul

Just to give everyone an update:
Kind of waiting on replies still from a few people with their character sheets but I'll start the first "Scene" soon and people can drop their sheets when they can and join as it goes.

Reactions: BIPSY and AMcguyver
Mine will probably take a while as things are getting busy at work. Will get it to you as soon as I can.

Reactions: DanniCake
SCENE 1 “THE JOURNY BEGINS”

“We start our journey as many do, in a small bar “The Witches Tit” in the back-end of Kings Crown, the main hub of trade and commerce in the land, merchants and stories pass through here like water through a river as the main Summer Festival and the Summer Kings Palace is located here. “The Tit” as it’s affectionately called isn’t as bad as it sounds, carved into the door is a blessing, or a curse, “Back three times that brought in” which most patrons know by the size of their Orc bartender/Bouncer that no nonsense is permitted here, but a good tip and easy smile, or a quiet personality in a corner will grant you exactly what you want.

The room is surprisingly full, or maybe not surprisingly considering the roaring fire that quickly beats back the cold from outside, on another night it might be a lively place with giggling ladies and laughing men, but tonight everyone is a little quiet, a little on edge. The ale is watered down and the food is starting to taste suspiciously like rat and sawdust, an u nfortunate thing but expected considering that the long night has passed, and yet the winter has yet to let up it’s hold…”

-The tables without chairs are full, as are are two chairs by the fire. The four by the bar, and one table is empty.

-The bartender is a massive orc, maybe he’s half but unless someone was orc they wouldn’t be able to tell. He doesn’t look like he’d start trouble but he certainly looks like he can finish it three times over.

-There are three Waitresses/Evening Ladies, two are half elves, one human, who are running drinks/food or trying to entertain guests who are up for it. A Halfling woman is also behind the bar cooking, chatting, and mixing drink.

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.10.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 1.25.28 PM.png

Reactions: AMcguyver
Mine will probably take a while as things are getting busy at work. Will get it to you as soon as I can.
No worries we'll write you in as things go. I'm pretty busy this weekend so I probably won't be able to progress the scene until like Monday/Tuesday but I'll keep an eye on things and try to reply as I can.

Reactions: AMcguyver
Zilyün enters the inn with a bit of a shiver, doffing the hood on his cloak and brushing some accumulated snow from his shoulders.
It is clear he is not well-acclimated to the bitter cold.

He surveys the inn and its clientele, noticing that the mood is as chilled as the night.
Not in a hurry to interject himself into any conversations, he deftly steps around the standing customers and takes the open bar stool closest to the wall.
Nodding salutations to the barkeep and halfling cook he raises a hand to call over one of the half-elf waitresses.

"Good evening - might I ask if you have any absinthe on hand?"

Nodding salutations to the barkeep and halfling cook he raises a hand to call over one of the half-elf waitresses.

"Good evening - might I ask if you have any absinthe on hand?"

The waitress comes over, fair and lovely by human standards if not a touch plain by elven ones, it's hard to pin an age on her since she'll live longer in years of beauty than the majority of her patrons, but age quick like a flower to any elves of pure blood. For now she is still in bloom, with a smile warmer than anything else in the room.

"An expensive drink for an expensive tongue good sire?" She titters "I think we could find a glass or two for you for a gold sovereign if you have it."

I will post my character sheet later today (it’s 4pm where I am now). Sorry for the delay. Got stuck in the traffic.

"I think we could find a glass or two for you for a gold sovereign if you have it."

"Of course, and a few silver for your trouble. I need something to warm these bones, I'm afraid our kind weren't made for this type of clime. But it seems this weather is wearing heavily on everyone..."

A'drir:
I stamp my feet at the entrance to the bar, shake out as much of the snow as I can from my tattered travelling cloak. I crack open the door enough that I can squeeze through, then dart it and shut it behind me.
I'll probably get something to eat later, but for now, I ease my way through the crowd, until I'm by the fireplace. Since the chairs are taken, I shift my sword out of the way and crouch down by the fire, warming my hands.
I take no notice of the patrons, or the servers, as I just enjoy the warmth and flex my fingers until the stiffness from the cold is gone.

"Of course, and a few silver for your trouble. I need something to warm these bones, I'm afraid our kind weren't made for this type of clime. But it seems this weather is wearing heavily on everyone..."

The waitress nods her smile slipping with a sigh since you're right, the weather is bad and getting worse, even the few silver, once more than enough to get her a treat, is becoming barely enough to pay for food. Prices of basic necessities are getting higher every day that the cold presses on.

The Orc is the one to get your bottle, a little dusty off the top shelf, not many here can afford the drink so the halfling is the one to pull up a stool to stand on and prepare your drink, A small glass with barely a shot in it, some fresh ice probably from outside placed into a special cup atop that one, a small sugar cube placed into that so the cold water slowly melts the sweet into your green liquor one drop at a time twisting and clouding the glass.

She's a chatty sort, introducing herself as "Ma" as everyone here calls her, older and stout she talks about the Absinthe, its year and make, about the maker of the glass she's using (local blower, specialty glass, isn't the green hue lovely? Works well with this drink, serve nothing else in it.) She's obviously the type who could talk a locked door open if she set herself to it.

A'drir:
I stamp my feet at the entrance to the bar, shake out as much of the snow as I can from my tattered travelling cloak. I crack open the door enough that I can squeeze through, then dart it and shut it behind me.
I'll probably get something to eat later, but for now, I ease my way through the crowd, until I'm by the fireplace. Since the chairs are taken, I shift my sword out of the way and crouch down by the fire, warming my hands.
I take no notice of the patrons, or the servers, as I just enjoy the warmth and flex my fingers until the stiffness from the cold is gone.

The servers give you your space for a time, and those by the fire are not about to give up their prime seats for anything short of a dagger to the chest so they push their faces deeper into their books or pretend to sleep to ignore you.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
-As a note, we can play for about one more week but then I'll be taking a vacation until September, so feel free to interact with other characters and take what knowledge you have to plan your actions.

-Also I can't respond to Direct Messages right now and probably won't be able to again until September. (I can still see them though so if you sent them to me that's fine I just can't respond)

Reactions: AliceInWonderland