Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Even the US does not do that much, at least where I live. What they did stringently here was to close the offices of "non-essential business", restaurants, bars, theaters, playgrounds where "social distancing" is physically impossible. Public transport authority was ordered to maintain the normal schedule of bus and metro even though the ridership plunged.

I hope Abe urges all offices of non-essential business in Tokyo to close if he declares a national emergency. The rest would be done by "jishuku" pressure.

The governments here don't have the authority to close businesses.

Even the scenario I mentioned above is borderline - they also don't have the authority to restrict freedom of movement.

Let's hope they don't reduce it so much that those absolutely needing to use public transport for whatever reason end up packed in like sardines.

Just got a couple of messages from yuko that her shop (classmate) is closing for the month...

Reactions: Danbo
If they really want to lock things down, they only need to do three things:

1) Request JR and the private transit lines to suspend services in return for favoured tax treatment.

2) Close all expressways to nonessential traffic.

3) Have a cop on every other corner checking drivers licenses and bicycle registrations of all vehicles that come through. Thoroughly, and slowly.

If people can't move around the city, they won't be too motivated to go out.

#1 isn't really practical given the number of essential workers in Tokyo that would rely on trains. But a reduced schedule that can only be used by essential workers with appropriate ID on fixed travel routes could be something to consider for the next crisis. I wonder how many lessons the world will learn from this pandemic. #Unprepared

Still expect to see lots of useless salarymen riding the trains into work later this week for "important" meetings and "essential" tasks.

Just got a couple of messages from yuko that her shop (classmate) is closing for the month...
Interesting....I thought places with an actual shop would shut down first and delivery would go on for some time. She works for a delivery health, right? I think tomorrow we will all see how the industry as a whole will react to the new regulations.

Reactions: just4fun
First thing is to get a haircut while that kind of thing is still permitted.

Now this turns out to be a spot-on advice. Koike says she will "request" barbershops and hair salons to close.

which mean you will be busy with her for the whole month. Given the work from home situation , what's stopping you from bringing her to the country side and .... :rolleyes:

Let us know where you will be so we can join you

Which you naturally took as an opportunity to sugar daddy her for the next 4 weeks.

Of only I had enough money!
Do you really need both of those kidneys?

Wait. I forgot how much you drink.

Yes. You do need them both.

Now this turns out to be a spot-on advice. Koike says she will "request" barbershops and hair salons to close.

This is no joke. I normally stop by my barber--a mid-40s Thai woman who used to model and work as a bar girl in her youth with massive fake tits--every two weeks to get cleaned up. I normally keep my hair high and tight, and not just because this gives me the appearance of a fucking cop, which tends to repel vagrants and crackheads and other sidewalk scum that I pass on my daily jog. The last time I went was a few days before my trip to Japan, about five weeks ago. Then the pandemic hit us.

All salons and barbershops are closed. In stroke of genius, I went on Amazon to purchase a Wahl hair-clipper set because DIY haircuts are the norm during a crisis. I found the best ranked Wahl set and saved it on my buy list. Two days later I logged back in to purchase my clippers and they were sold out. ALL Wahl clippers were sold out.

I rushed to every CVS in town and somehow managed to come across the final Wahl clippers set in town. Along with my case of 3M ventilated N95 masks, I now have plastic gold.

From tomorrow, I will begin buzzing my entire head with the No. 2 guide and have my other half clean it up with the smaller battery clippers. Now I will REALLY look like a fucking cop. Feels like I'm living out my own version of Red Dawn. These are strange times.

Reactions: Acid Burn
The news just in that @Frenchy's favourite neighbour in the Old Country is now in intensive care unit. Boris "Brexit now or now or someday" Johnson who was in hospital got his condition to worse enough to get him to a room where he always has a nurse next to his bed.

The news just in that @Frenchy's favourite neighbour in the Old Country is now in intensive care unit. Boris "Brexit now or now or someday" Johnson who was in hospital got his condition to worse enough to get him to a room where he always has a nurse next to his bed.

Some poor bugger just got queue-jumped for a ventilator. Moral dilemmas.

to get him to a room where he always has a nurse next to his bed.
Maybe thats what he wanted all along :D
Meanwhile the King of Thailand courageously left his country and quarantined himself with dozens of women in a luxury hotel In Switzerland.
You gotta admit, it sucks to be a PM, much better to be a king!

UK tabloids really going to town on the Boris story. Digging up coronavirus stats like these...

The research body found that of 690 coronavirus patients in intensive care with known outcomes, 346 died.
The study found of the 346 deaths, 259 were male.
142 people who died in critical care were aged between 50 and 69.

Reactions: Frenchy
When it's announced that Trump enters the ICU I'll be shedding tears.......tears of fucking joy

UK tabloids really going to town on the Boris story. Digging up coronavirus stats like these...

The research body found that of 690 coronavirus patients in intensive care with known outcomes, 346 died.
... and did they finish by « but we wish you all the best, Prime Minister! » (With a smiley)?

it is almost like that they are rooting for him to die.

Reactions: Sudsy

Clearly he's TOFTH (Taking One For The Herd).