Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Was short S&P (leveraged) until tonight. Without bragging coz its really not my nature , made 200% on that bet. Hate me now. :D

... but of course I would never talk about the losing deals , which are way more numerous. Its a bit like some guys with their P4P reviews I guess

I don't even want to check my 401k to see how much I lost, but I really can't complain because there are guys at the gym who've lost six figures this week. That said, the second a vaccine is even hinted at the DOW is roaring back so fucking fast even The Donald will have a hard time pacing his bragging about it so I really wouldn't worry. The main thing to look at now are opportunities to buy extra, extra low. The sell-off can't possibly last much longer. Keep an eye on airline stocks over the next week. There are fortunes to be made here.

I wouldn't be to sure about that. It really depends on how long that takes. I mean it's not that it's only going down because of fear. There is money already being lost and the longer it lasts and especially production chains stay disturbed. It could actually achieve something the democrats never could, spell the end for Donald.

Reactions: just4fun
Was short S&P (leveraged) until tonight. Without bragging coz its really not my nature , made 200% on that bet. Hate me now. :D

... but of course I would never talk about the losing deals , which are way more numerous. Its a bit like some guys with their P4P reviews I guess

Have some cash ready to go into my savings investment, just wondering when we are going to hit the bottom of this dip before I pull the trigger.

Reactions: MikeH
Have some cash ready to go into my savings investment, just wondering when we are going to hit the bottom of this dip before I pull the trigger.
Turned to long S&P during the night , which is already a bit profitable, but I don’t risk the house...
Been burnt so many times in the past trying to call a rebound. If you consider buying individual stocks rather than playing the index , there are probably good bargains to have now in boring , value-based , dividends paying stocks. Maybe too soon to buy the Apples and such though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Durg50

I would wait. Like I mentioned before, states in the western U.S. are only now able to actually test for the coronavirus so you can expect sensationalized, fear-mongering stories to come out very soon where folks who just figured they had "the flu" and were going about life as usual were actually COVID-infected. California is currently testing, and Honolulu expects to be able to test next week. I figure we've got a couple weeks of panic, wailing "journalists" and other such nonsense until people figure out it isn't really spreading like wildfire and it isn't really any more dangerous than the regular flu and their attention spans shift on to the next infatuation or back to the Democratic primary.

On that note, lots of pundits now think that the coronavirus is the only thing that can possibly stop Donald Trump from getting re-elected, hence the current shameless, frenzied politicization of the virus by Democrats all day and night. Notice how all of a sudden the whole second round of "RUSSIA!!" bullshit just suddenly evaporated? What people should really watch is the caucuses, because if Bernie sweeps on Super Tuesday the markets are going to fucking tank. THAT's when you start thinking about buying. Nothing like the false threat of a Soviet-style communist in the White House to bring down the market for a little bit.

Reactions: Durg50 and Ken1988
I would wait. Like I mentioned before, states in the western U.S. are only now able to actually test for the coronavirus so you can expect sensationalized, fear-mongering stories to come out very soon where folks who just figured they had "the flu" and were going about life as usual were actually COVID-infected. California is currently testing, and Honolulu expects to be able to test next week. I figure we've got a couple weeks of panic, wailing "journalists" and other such nonsense until people figure out it isn't really spreading like wildfire and it isn't really any more dangerous than the regular flu and their attention spans shift on to the next infatuation or back to the Democratic primary.

On that note, lots of pundits now think that the coronavirus is the only thing that can possibly stop Donald Trump from getting re-elected, hence the current shameless, frenzied politicization of the virus by Democrats all day and night. Notice how all of a sudden the whole second round of "RUSSIA!!" bullshit just suddenly evaporated? What people should really watch is the caucuses, because if Bernie sweeps on Super Tuesday the markets are going to fucking tank. THAT's when you start thinking about buying. Nothing like the false threat of a Soviet-style communist in the White House to bring down the market for a little bit.
That would be quite ironical.. an ultra-leftist , communist American president vs an ultra-rightist , oligarchic Russian one

I don't even want to check my 401k to see how much I lost, but I really can't complain because there are guys at the gym who've lost six figures this week. That said, the second a vaccine is even hinted at the DOW is roaring back so fucking fast even The Donald will have a hard time pacing his bragging about it so I really wouldn't worry. The main thing to look at now are opportunities to buy extra, extra low. The sell-off can't possibly last much longer. Keep an eye on airline stocks over the next week. There are fortunes to be made here.

On the very bright side, I just saved another $500 last night by canceling all my hotel reservations and re-booking at the new "outbreak" prices. Much thanks to Abe and the school closures. I'm just worried that the new measures are going to squash the virus in Japan and the Olympics will go on as scheduled, as I was hoping for the dumpster fire discount prices to keep going into my next trip in November.

Of course there are opportunities right now, but I would say this is not a crisis that will be resolved that easily. To this day there is no vaccine against SARS and the news about people testing positive after getting cured are also a bit worriesome.

We will get used to the news and governments will find better ways to deal with it, but this crisis will go on for months. Lots of experts have stated that it's basically impossible to contain because of the long incubation time and a huge percentage of infected people are never tested and categorized as such.

Economy won't recover next week, it looks bad but we are just at the beginning....I think when Europe and the US will be affected by it more directly, the downward trend will be even worse. Virus itself doesn't seem that bad, but the consequences on daily life are severe

Reactions: split

Nice post. Im laughing at all the idiots pointing out how this is a great buy opportunity. As if they have discovered something that nobody else sees. Im ignoring all of this and probably going to move some out of individual Inv grade corp bonds and into the big global bond funds. Just give me a few points over inflation. Global markets are are just as likely to go into long term decline as anything else.

Reactions: Mathias
Nice post. Im laughing at all the idiots pointing out how this is a great buy opportunity. As if they have discovered something that nobody else sees. Im ignoring all of this and probably going to move some out of individual Inv grade corp bonds and into the big global bond funds. Just give me a few points over inflation. Global markets are are just as likely to go into long term decline as anything else.
I dont really understand any of that so Im just leaving mine where it is for now.

Reactions: MikeH
I dont really understand any of that so Im just leaving mine where it is for now.

I know if I do something and fuck it up I will be more pissed than if I do nothing and fuck it up. So I am doing nothing. I still have a decade or two before I need to start cashing them anyway so plenty of time to catch even the next virus downturn.

Reactions: Lukes
I was thinking what items will be short, after toilette paper.

Mask → tissue paper box → ladies sanitary
napkins

I got speechless at my local big supermarket
I go.

My prediction was correct.

There were none, even ladies napkins !!!

I would not imagined people would be aware, that could be an alternative for some emergency use. Or maybe, shops are in control of their stock, not to be out of stock.

I bought toillet sheets for my cat.
But if that also ran out from shops, I would buy magazines, use it for my cat litter.

It's going crazy! I ordered tissue by the internet shop, but amazon seemed all ran out, as far as I checked.

It's better to predict, what'll happen next.

And by this shortage shock, oneday masks will come back on shelves, whilst people are concern of other items!!!

Maybe you got to bring your own toilette paper to LH for the next few weeks?

But good news is, condoms never get out of stock!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lukes and split
I was thinking what items will be short, after toilette paper.

Mask → tissue paper box → ladies sunitary
napkins

I got speechless at my local big supermarket
I go.

My prediction was correct.

There were none, even ladies napkins !!!

I would not imagined people would be aware, that could be an alternative for some emergency use. Or maybe, shops are in control of their stock, not to be out of stock.

I bought toillet sheets for my cat.
But if that also ran out from shops, I would buy magazines, use it for my cat litter.

It's going crazy! I ordered tissue by the internet shop, but amazon seemed all ran out, as far as I checked.

It's better to predict, what'll happen next.

And by this shortage shock, oneday masks will come back on shelves, whilst people are concern of other items!!!

Maybe you got to bring your own toilette paper to LH for the next few weeks?

But good news is, condoms never get out of stock!!
Some people are using sanitary napkins in place of a mask. https://nationalfile.com/report-chinese-man-uses-sanitary-pad-as-face-mask-in-coronavirus-crisis/

Last edited:
I took the advice from internet too and stockpiled a ton of tampons. I still need to do a bit of research though as I am not really sure how do these help me to survive the apocalypse?

Reactions: Danbo and Old Cesar
I took the advice from internet too and stockpiled a ton of tampons. I still need to do a bit of research though as I am not really sure how do these help me to survive the apocalypse?
They won’t. But when your soul goes upstairs and you are asked « what was your last action on this earth plan , Mikey? » , and you answer « i bought a ton of tampons » , you will bring some badly needed comic relief to gods and angels

Reactions: Old Cesar
97401922-4346-4FE8-AC50-35B42D5AE78E.jpeg

Saw this one earlier today

Oh no.. there were two museums I wanted to visit in Roppongi and they are closed until March 13th :( I really had to go visit those museums..
I’m starting to miss the feeling of feeling curious, relaxed, entertained.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majestyk
I'll show ya...........as long as i can take a few photos :p:p:p

Reactions: split
Oh no.. there were two museums I wanted to visit in Roppongi and they are closed until March 13th :( I really had to go visit those museums..
I’m starting to miss the feeling of feeling curious, relaxed, entertained.
Well, you haven't met me then..........:p:p:p