Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Attachments

• mmexport1582996988869.jpg
    mmexport1582996988869.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 87
  • mmexport1582996991925.jpg
    mmexport1582996991925.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 92
  • mmexport1582996983081.jpg
    mmexport1582996983081.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 115
Reactions: Lukes
My, how times change. It's been 25 years since I held a sanitary pad to my face, and in that instance it was my friend's younger sister's, and the experience was so traumatic that even the sight of those little female disposal boxes next to the toilet in unisex restrooms makes me penis soft for several hours.

Reactions: Frenchy
So I have now come across 30 or so people in various high level positions in various large global companies who seem to be spending a part of their day doing Corona-related work. I break them into two distinct groups. The small group is made up of folks who actually have some things they need to do. The virus panic is actually disrupting their business and they need to react and plan and otherwise manage shit to protect their businesses. The other larger group are people who don’t do much anyway and are happy to have had something happen that they can now use to help them to look busy and engaged and look as if they are leading their companies through a scary and dangerous situation. But actually they are not doing much other than writing emails to other people in the same group about what the real situation is and what they should think about doing about it. They aren’t actually making any decisions or doing anything. I admit that I am in the second group. Sorry about that. But if I weren’t, and I was in the first group, I would be mad as hell at myself and my co-group members. Worthless fucks! I would want to line them all up, strip them naked, and beat each one of them with a rolled up doormat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Cesar
WHO made the new statement of "no need to wear a mask", if you weren't caughing or had any symptoms just to avoid.

I find this is also something both extreme. We should protect ourselves, I guess mainly by keeping our immune system high, but...

I guess people start to be confused!!

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20200301/k00/00m/040/082000c

I find this is also something both extreme.

The only thing extreme was many schools started to have the masks as mandatory. From the beginning the doctors have been saying the masks won't prevent you from getting the virus. And recommended them only after you have gotten infected so you wouldn't be infecting other people.

Washing your hands regularly with soap and not touching your face remain the most effective ways to prevent the infection.

WHO made the new statement of "no need to wear a mask", if you weren't caughing or had any symptoms just to avoid.

I find this is also something both extreme. We should protect ourselves, I guess mainly by keeping our immune system high, but...

I guess people start to be confused!!

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20200301/k00/00m/040/082000c
No, you should protect yourself by washing your hands properly.

A811.jpg

The only thing extreme was many schools started to have the masks as mandatory. From the beginning the doctors have been saying the masks won't prevent you from getting the virus. And recommended them only after you have gotten infected so you wouldn't be infecting other people.

Washing your hands regularly with soap and not touching your face remain the most effective ways to prevent the infection.

Despite doctors, WHO, and CDC clearly stating from the beginning that masks are not necessary for the general population.... it doesn't stop herd mentality, i guess. Citing actual medical professionals does not convince anyone.

Despite doctors, WHO, and CDC clearly stating from the beginning that masks are not necessary for the general population.... it doesn't stop herd mentality, i guess. Citing actual medical professionals does not convince anyone.

THis line is perfectly on point...

Devastated.
Devastated that even the Anpanman museum is closing. And CupNoodle museum too. This madness must stop!

https://bestlivingjapan.com/tokyo-closures-due-to-corona-virus-covid-19-tokyo-closures/

I still don't understand these kind of safety measures. Most big museums and the zoo are quite spacious and people are not standing so close to each other. If there is one place where a mass infection will start it's the public transportation system. Most stations around the Yamanote line have thousands of passengers, people are standing packed within the trains. If something happens it will be there, not at the Anpanman Museum ^^

Well, money talks and bullshit walks...........:p
So if I got the money, you have the time? And it’s only just4fun?
I still don't understand these kind of safety measures. Most big museums and the zoo are quite spacious and people are not standing so close to each other. If there is one place where a mass infection will start it's the public transportation system. Most stations around the Yamanote line have thousands of passengers, people are standing packed within the trains. If something happens it will be there, not at the Anpanman Museum ^^
COVID-19 is said to be airborne and so public restrooms and social areas could potentially lead to infection. Touching surfaces would be the biggest mode of infection that we know of, however. All of us have touched things at both places. After that, food uncooked is suspected as another mode of infection.

This is how you get the cluster spread. What seems fine is not fine and that’s why the community areas are being closed temporarily.

No, you should protect yourself by washing your hands properly.

A811.jpg

Think this whole thing positively, hopefully more people will know how to wash their hands properly. Because many don't know.

We are in an antiscience age. Trump, ‘Boris’, Brexit and the anti-vax movement are testament to that.

Not so fast! Remember Anpanman’s nemesis name? Baikinman (ie Bacteria Man). I would not be surprised if he’s the mastermind behind all this.
Interestingly, when my offspring was about 3 year old she loved him. All the little kids wanted to hug and play with Anpanman, she was the only one going straight to the villain. Thats when I knew for sure she’s my daughter :D

Reactions: AMcguyver and Sudsy
We are in an antiscience age. Trump, ‘Boris’, Brexit and the anti-vax movement are testament to that.
Lets not forget the flat-earthers . And those who still think the whole Universe is just a few thousands years old (so dinosaurs must be a hoax I guess, they’re not mentioned in the Bible after all)

So if I got the money, you have the time? And it’s only just4fun?

COVID-19 is said to be airborne and so public restrooms and social areas could potentially lead to infection. Touching surfaces would be the biggest mode of infection that we know of, however. All of us have touched things at both places. After that, food uncooked is suspected as another mode of infection.

This is how you get the cluster spread. What seems fine is not fine and that’s why the community areas are being closed temporarily.
You can't afford me...........

In the meantime, authorities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region are sending hundreds of ethnic Uyghurs to other parts of China to work in factories affected by the coronavirus.
(Background info: The Chinese government has been violating the human rights of the Uyghur minority by imprisoning them in “re-education” camps and forcing involuntary labor upon them.)

I feel sorry for the people but their government deserves whatever is happening to them.

In the meantime, authorities in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region are sending hundreds of ethnic Uyghurs to other parts of China to work in factories affected by the coronavirus.
(Background info: The Chinese government has been violating the human rights of the Uyghur minority by imprisoning them in “re-education” camps and forcing involuntary labor upon them.)

I feel sorry for the people but their government deserves whatever is happening to them.
thoughts and prayers