Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Posted this in another thread first...but it's probably better suited here. A Reddit member collects all global numbers and updates them in a Google document. Very helpful to have an overview because the news are so all over the place.

Posted this in another thread first...but it's probably better suited here. A Reddit member collects all global numbers and updates them in a Google document. Very helpful to have an overview because the news are so all over the place.

Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know why the case fatality rate is so high in the United States compared to most other places?

Posted this in another thread first...but it's probably better suited here. A Reddit member collects all global numbers and updates them in a Google document. Very helpful to have an overview because the news are so all over the place.....

Completely useless without the age range of the dead ones.
This is the only chart that really matters.

5e583c47fee23d4cf4755b27.jpg

You haven't cared much about what's unlikely this far so why start now? The incubation period is being reported anything from 2 to 24 days so it's still possible one of them infected the other one.
Epidemiology is all about likelihood. So no I don't really care much about what's unlikely.

And in this Oita case, it's extremely unlikely that the they two infected one another, because another gentleman from Aichi was just tested positive after he paid a visit to this shop on Feb. 20th.

Thanks for posting this. Does anyone know why the case fatality rate is so high in the United States compared to most other places?

Isn't it because they haven't started testing widely enough and the infected number is likely to be much higher than currently reported?

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Does anyone know why the case fatality rate is so high in the United States compared to most other places?
Isn't it because they haven't started testing widely enough and the infected number is likely to be much higher than currently reported?
Yes. Criteria for testing in the US is still very restrictive. The mortality rate will be higher than reality on that basis alone.

Right now it’s the Washington cases from that nursing home driving up the mortality rate. Lack of testing of milder cases plus an outbreak in a nursing home (note the increased mortality by age) is just a bad combination for mortality numbers.

Reactions: monalisaoverdrive
Yeah, that we have noticed. Normally you just post any unlikely speculation as facts.
And most of them later turned out to be facts...although some of you might still think they are my delusions.

Reactions: split
I hate to see death, suffering and sadness. I do. But lets face it, the world would probably be a better place if we could just get rid of all of the old fuckers. They drag down the economies of most of the leading nations in the world: US, Japan, Western Europe and China. Imagine if all of a sudden none of these countries had anyone over 75? Medical costs go way down. Productivity goes way up. I'm lovin' it! And the other thing is that almost all of the world leaders who are old are really fucking the place up with their short-term burn baby burn environmental policies. Greta is a whiney, sour vindictive little bitch, but she got it right. There is no place for old leaders, Trump and Abe especially. I am not going so far as to say that I am for Corona, but, well, maybe just a little bit. I mean it does seem to leave kids, pigs and puppies alone. And those of us who have taken care of ourselves and are fit and healthy will also be spared. So my advice: Wash your hands. But if you see an old person who is being a pain in the ass about something, sneeze on them! And if you cant seem to muster a sneeze, just lick them.

Last edited:
The first photo is from the physic Sylvia Browne seems to have been a prediction in a book she wrote.

Reactions: Anna Summer
Completely useless without the age range of the dead ones.
This is the only chart that really matters.
View attachment 13896

I wouldn't trust any statistics produced by a Chinese government agency.

Even if the figures are "accurate", the Chinese numbers can't be generally applied to the rest of the world.

But the graph is consistent with the basic message that if your young, fit and healthy, and have access to doctors and hospitals, Covid-19 isn't going to take you down.

I thought it looked like two different books so I looked it up.
One has the title & pages at the top & a blue cover
The other the page number is at bottom & has a yellow cover.

I thought it looked like two different books so I looked it up.
One has the title & pages at the top & a blue cover
The other the page number is at bottom & has a yellow cover.
I knew they were 2 books, she just didn't mention where the top one was from

Things seem to be improving? In my daily life I see less people wearing masks than a week ago, and less news about the virus. But maybe people are just running out of masks but the panic is still as high, idk. Apparently the peak of the virus has passed in China

Nostraldumass knows all..........

This is getting really funny actually.............