Guest viewing is limited

Daily WHO Reports for the Coronavirus Outbreak (Link)

Chinese Totalitarian leaders are to be commended for their complete disregard for human rights, freedoms, and individual protections under the law. They were able to herd and cage their citizenry as if they were farm animals, and therby retard the spread of Corona into more enlightened parts of the planet. Thank God for totalitarianism! Good Job China! Now if we can only get them to stop eating raw bats and civet cats and also stop making fake Rolexes....And also a big thanks to you Donald Trump for giving a great speech that bolstered the spirits of Red State American Rednecks who knew all along that Asians were a dirty and uncivilived lot who wear pajamas all day long and eat bat-cat stir fry out of the same big pot using sticks! I saw on the boob tube last night that many of these same Rednecks are stocking up on bullets for their guns just in case they get a chance to shoot at one of those damn Covid Asians!
o_OWhy? Please just stop.

Using the CDC reports alone is a mistake regarding how this new virus spreads. When they say it’s airborne, the Chinese doctors have proven that it’s airborne on buses. The little viruses can travel over 12 feet by way of fans, and infect you. It’s also found to present in fecal matter and again by flushing the toilet, the little viruses can fill the air. The Chinese have reported that this aerosolization/airborne effect can last up to 30 minutes. Reputable doctors reported this way back in December. They have continued to say this, and through interviews, field work, and now lab research more information is being validated.
https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/mustsharenews.com/covid-19-airborne-droplets/amp/

New studies even suggest up to 3 hours in air, up to 3 days on hard surfaces. Nasty little bug

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health...us-may-live-on-some-surfaces-for-up-to-3-days

How did the isolation help the people who got infected? Because if you didn't notice that's what we were discussing; mortality rate amongst those who got infected.
I was thinking it's epidemics 101...seems it's not for you.

So here's how it works:

Isolation helps trace the close contacts.

Tracing contacts ASAP minimizes the interval between onset and diagnosis.

Minimization of the delay between onset and diagnosis lowers mortality rate.

And here're the numbers:
1824027847.jpg

By yesterday, there were 7 deaths out of 697 confirmed cases on Diamond Princess, and 19 deaths out of 690 confirmed cases in Japan.

They were all treated by hospitals in Japan; the cases on Diamond Princess were older in age; and their onset was earlier in time.

So why the different morbility rate?

For those on Diamond Princess, one thing is in their favor: they don't have to wait for 9 days on average after onset to get a diagnosis (or 11 days if the route of infection is unknown)

I just went to a department store restroom and I’m shocked that most women there only very quickly rand their hands under the water afterwards without using soap :yuck:

Reactions: Danbo
Using the CDC reports alone is a mistake regarding how this new virus spreads. When they say it’s airborne, the Chinese doctors have proven that it’s airborne on buses. The little viruses can travel over 12 feet by way of fans, and infect you. It’s also found to present in fecal matter and again by flushing the toilet, the little viruses can fill the air. The Chinese have reported that this aerosolization/airborne effect can last up to 30 minutes. Reputable doctors reported this way back in December. They have continued to say this, and through interviews, field work, and now lab research more information is being validated.
https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/mustsharenews.com/covid-19-airborne-droplets/amp/
Site called mustsharenews, anonymous registration, most of whose sources are their own articles...

I’m going to go ahead and say that’s not a particularly reliable source.

Reactions: MikeH
I just went to a department store restroom and I’m shocked that most women there only very quickly rand their hands under the water afterwards without using soap :yuck:

Maybe they thought the bidet shoots soapy water? :mooning:

So why the different morbility rate?

Yeah, think about that while I take Sudsy's advice and only continue discussing with people who don't change the topic every time their bull is called.

The situation in Australia at the moment is that all gatherings of 500 people or more have been banned.
Shaking of hands has been outlawed.
I put out a bit of a statement yesterday explaining the precautions that I’m personally taking. I expect my own stance to change as the situation changes and WHO provide updates. Essentially I’m mostly isolating myself from the world unless I’m at work. I’m not changing/cancelling my flights to Tokyo in April as yet- a lot can happen in a month...
2D8B7768-FEE3-4336-A917-22DBD02B154A.jpeg

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Looks like the virus is going to be around for several more months, if not a few more years.

I feel your pain. I just made it back stateside this morning after almost two weeks going up and down Honshu. The streets weren't in straight batshit panic-mode like the western media would lead you to believe, but Tokyo was definitely in a DEFCON situation. The normally-packed streets of Akiba, Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc., were probably at 25% capacity of what I normally see. Virtually no Chinese/Korean tourists anywhere (and I'm not complaining). The interesting part was that in all of the smaller cities like Nagoya, Osaka, Hiroshima, etc., people definitely seemed to be giving less of a shit but this is no doubt going to toss a miserable wet blanket on all things P4P.

Ironically, the stateside news today is reporting that the tables have turned with this outbreak, and it's now the Asian countries--where this fucking virus came from--which are now the ones trying to keep out foreigners from Europe and the States. It does give me some hope that outbreaks in other countries will level off in a month or so, as has happened in Japan, but knowing how fucking dirty and lazy Americans and Europeans are I think we can count on things getting worse well into the summer.

On the downside, I was with my other half the entire time so best behavior, 24/7. On the bright side (and you should re-book your reservations if you can) my hotel fees dropped so drastically as the visitor industry is so desperate that I ended up spending most of my trip in top-tier hotel rooms in the best hotels. My consolation prize was having sex in a top-floor corner suite at a 4-star hotel in downtown Hiroshima at 11am with all the drapes open with floor-to-ceiling windows on a sunny, clear day. Not that I'm an exhibitionist by any means, but sharing my hairy glory hole with the citizens of any metropolis is always satisfying.

That second one is completely full of shit.

I could have told you that based only on the evidence that it was a link to a video. Without clicking it at all. :p

But I did check your link and I would suggest a test to all fear mongers out there: check if you can hold your breath for five minutes. If you can you will not catch the corona virus.

Reactions: Sudsy and just4fun
I'm watching that big Orangutan blubber about the corona virus.......unfuckinbelievable.

That second one is completely full of shit.

https://apnews.com/afs:Content:8635070312

To follow up, the first half of that video - Medicago is a Canadian company, no relation to the US (or Canadian) defense department/ministry, and they have developed a vaccine candidate. It's not even ready for human testing yet.

I feel your pain. I just made it back stateside this morning after almost two weeks going up and down Honshu. The streets weren't in straight batshit panic-mode like the western media would lead you to believe, but Tokyo was definitely in a DEFCON situation. The normally-packed streets of Akiba, Shibuya, Shinjuku, etc., were probably at 25% capacity of what I normally see.

Went through the Shinjuku station area on Friday evening and it was fairly busy, busier than I expected (from the media reports I was half expecting it to be like it was exactly 9 years ago, but with more bright lights and background radiation). Not the heaving crowds you often get on a warm summer evening, but if you didn't know there was a virus on, it didn't seem too much out of the ordinary. Apart from the almost complete absence of tourists.

Pretty good documentary I got linked from a good friend of mine.

Thanks for sharing Anna, that short Vox doco was really informative. I knew that there was an animal link, but I had no idea about China’s history re: wildlife farming. Seeing that baby deer in the wet markets made me want to cry.

I can still remember the sadness that was felt when we had a small outbreak of Hendra virus in Queensland, Australia. That virus went from flying foxes to horses to humans. And neither the flying foxes nor the horses were being cut up and eaten- the flying foxes were wild and the horses were pets.

Reactions: Anna Summer
I'm wondering why massive number of people, including celebrities, top leaders family, diagnosed test positive??? Were they accurate???

If the tested person had such simptoms, then it's likely and understandable, but I'm getting doubt abt the accuracy for their test result.

Also, I feel sorry for those names came out, for well known people as positive results. They seem to have no such human rights to protect their privacy. I wish they could keep the result themselves, or just as a case number...

If I were in that position, pershaps I would sue the media or somewhere I find and sue.
It must be such devastation...

Thank God, Tokyo is still safe...