Does Anyone Believe That Humans Have A Sixth Sense?

Bullshit I understand. Can you clarify this humble brag detector thing? Just what exactly is that?

I think I'm gifted with the sense to read and understand people. (ok, so I have a BS detector like @Ches lol.)

Reactions: Ches
Depends on what you consider 'senses'. There's the 5 we all know, but there's also proprioception, which is a knowledge of where your body parts are in relation to each other -- and therefore knowing how your body is reacting against gravity and other external forces. This doesn't require any of the 'known' 5 senses. There's others like sense of balance and a number of others that are arguably separate from the traditional 5 (temperature sensing, hunger/thirst, etc).

Depends on what you consider 'senses'. There's the 5 we all know, but there's also proprioception, which is a knowledge of where your body parts are in relation to each other -- and therefore knowing how your body is reacting against gravity and other external forces. This doesn't require any of the 'known' 5 senses. There's others like sense of balance and a number of others that are arguably separate from the traditional 5 (temperature sensing, hunger/thirst, etc).
On a purely neurologic note, we definitely have to add balance (vestibular system), proprioception (knowing where your body parts are) and visceral sense (knowing if you're hungry, thirsty, horny, stressed, sick).
Sorry for the geeky intervention...

It is known that we all have 5 senses and that everyday we use them to do the things that humans do to survive from day to day. We all seem to be aware of the things we can't see so it seems as well. I thought I was being scammed and well today my suspicions were realized. I am not going to say what it was about but something was telling me that and it was one thing that lead to another that lead me to ask that question.

It is known that we all have 5 senses and that everyday we use them to do the things that humans do to survive from day to day. We all seem to be aware of the things we can't see so it seems as well. I thought I was being scammed and well today my suspicions were realized. I am not going to say what it was about but something was telling me that and it was one thing that lead to another that lead me to ask that question.

Be very careful with the so said sixth sense.

Before believing your intuitions, start by knowing yourself then you may have a better feeling about where they are coming from.
The human brain is may be the most complex object is the known universe. Your inner voice is some conscious manifestation of unconscious processes. It can be wrong or it can be right.

I don't have one and I am glad that I don't but believe sixth sense does exist.

I was having girls talk over dinner one night with my friends since college. When we were around 20 y.o, we used to say about future bf/husband to be good looking, tall, stable job, fashionable and all materialistic things. But after we passed 30, one of us said "Now I set my bar lower. My condition is someone who doesn't have a sixth sense! You don't want to live with somebody who all on a sudden casts a glance back over for nothing while eating, do you?" ....true though.
She is a high school teacher for handicapped children. There are DS children, muscular dystrophy, autism and other menntally or physically handicapped kids all mixed in a same classroom but she says there is certain moments only autistic kids stare at the same spot. One of them doesn't talk, she only says mom when she sees woman and dad when she sees man. One day, she found my
friend in a hall way, she said "mom!" After she held her, she looked her back and said " Dad" while there was nobody behind her. Isn't it scary?

Sense of humor counts, e-smile! Got it! Sense of humor!

Since I have never been in a love hotel, I can say that I have never seen a ghost in one. Just FYI. Manami has seen a ghost? What's the story?

Does seeing a ghost mean you have a sixth sense or seeing through a person for what he/she is the ability?

Last edited:
you should look at the research done about the **terminal nerve**. it would be the closest thing to a scientifically backed "sixth sense". this nerve is supposed to detect pheromones.

Reactions: Jbagz
Didn't you see a ghost in a love hotel? :')

Yes, I have indeed. One time only out of ...ah lost count how many time I have been to a love hotel!
Hope it is going to be the first and the last time.

Back when I was in school I would get a feeling like, "Ah, the teacher's about to come in."
Or I would get a feeling that someone was going to call me, and then my phone would ring.

I read up about it, apparently it's just your body sensing changes in the atmosphere and relaying that to the brain. After a while, your brain gets used to the pattern and gives you the feeling, but you don't consciously register the reason. So... not much of a sixth sense...