Does Anyone Believe That Humans Have A Sixth Sense?

Back when I was in school I would get a feeling like, "Ah, the teacher's about to come in."
Or I would get a feeling that someone was going to call me, and then my phone would ring.

I read up about it, apparently it's just your body sensing changes in the atmosphere and relaying that to the brain. After a while, your brain gets used to the pattern and gives you the feeling, but you don't consciously register the reason. So... not much of a sixth sense...

Actually, just because you can explain it doesn't mean it's not a sense. I think it qualifies.

That being said, are you forgetting the times you anticipated something but nothing happened?

Actually, just because you can explain it doesn't mean it's not a sense. I think it qualifies.

That being said, are you forgetting the times you anticipated something but nothing happened?
That's entirely possible, of course.

But for the ratio of correct feelings to wrong ones, it implies more that there are occasions where the sense is wrong, rather than the whole thing being a fluke. Still, it's pretty useless and nothing close to what most people think of when they talk about a sixth sense, you know?

I think Japanese people (especially girls) have a 6th sense that ensures they don't accidentally bump into each other...Is that just me? Or do other people think that way?

I think Japanese people (especially girls) have a 6th sense that ensures they don't accidentally bump into each other...Is that just me? Or do other people think that way?
If you grow up in a big city, you'll develop this sense naturally!

Reactions: ur19877
I do believe in a "sixth sense", but I am referring to intuition. This has nothing to do with assumption... which could be seen as synonyms in some circles. I believe that in order to develop intuition, you have to learn to trust your feelings. I've had several experiences in my life which have lead to my intuition being strengthened. Trigger Warning

1. I dated a girl who struggled from mental illness. I didn't know at the time I started dating her, but I still decided to stay with her (once I found out) for some time. A couple months into our relationship, she started having really irregular mood swings... and she would become extremely violent, and shortly after depressed. One day in particular, we got in an argument as I was getting ready to leave her place to head out for work. around 14:30 I had a strange feeling come over me almost instantly and felt I needed to call her immediately. My phone was dead so I borrowed a friends'. When she picked up, she was violently screaming at me almost inaudibly, with the occasional "fuck you" in there, lol. I told my boss I had to leave work to go tend to an emergency, and when I arrived, she was passed out from an intentional overdose on sleeping pills, and beer. She swallowed 30 pills.

2. (Same Girl) I had a friend drop me off at her place following a beach bash on base. I asked her if she wanted to come but she said no because she couldn't bring her dog. When I got in, she immediately started scolding me for not inviting her. The argument wasn't particularly that bad though, it maybe lasted ten minutes, and then she was over it. I thought nothing of it, and went upstairs to lay down as she finished getting ready for bed. Being that I was drunk, I hadn't noticed that I passed out for a couple of hours. I woke up slightly and saw her putting on make-up, wearing a white dress. She was in the master bathroom. I remember thinking, "i'm not going out tonight... I was at the beach all day... I don't know what she's doing." I remember as she left the bathroom, I saw her pop a pill in her mouth and down it with a swig of water from a bottle... I thought it was weird but thought I was over reacting (This was 4 months after her first attempt.) Fifteen minutes after tossing and turning, I knew I had to check on her, and when I did, she was standing on a chair with the rope slung over the door, and wrapped around the opposite facing doorknob. She had taken one of the Ativan prescribed to her after her previous attempt to calm her down so that she could attempt the second time. She didn't recognize I was there until I had already removed the rope and had her in my arms as I carried her to the couch. I called 911, and after the ambulance picked her up, I left. Twice was enough.

Trust your six sense.

Reactions: BankaSakka
See I was talking to a colleague and just by looking into her eyes, I sensed that she was upset. Within like 5 minutes I sent her a song link and then she admitted that she was upset over getting divorced. Like just a bit earlier she did the Japanese style divorce. I had forgot to give her something important to finish a project (usb) and I met her at Tokyo Station and I just had this whole feeling that something was wrong!

She asked me how did I know she was upset when she was trying really hard to mask her feelings.

Sixth sense?

The OP didn't really give us a working definition of sixth sense. If he meant something along the lines of telepathy, or what is commonly called ESP, or anything that would be classified as paranormal, then hell no.

Before any believer starts pecking away a rebuttal to my post, don't waste your time with me. Instead, type up your proof and be willing to submit it to the James Randi Foundation.

They are willing to pay you 1 million USD if you can have your claim substantiated by a double blind test. They have had this offer open to the public for over 40 years and the prize remains unclaimed.

Why? Because I suspect that telepathy, and other paranormal abilities don't exist.

Now, if the OP had asked if some humans are more perceptive than others, then I'd say sure.

But this has nothing to do with reading minds, or ghosts. It is simply paying attention to certain cues and being able to process information more efficiently.

To provide a relevant example to the forum, and to toss out a nice juicy hunk of troll bait, think of it in terms of PUA.

A PUA studies human behavior and and trains themselves to act on cues from females. This isn't magic or anything spooky, but it can seem that they have extraordinary powers when compared to your typical sadsack monger.

Reactions: MikeH
n behavior and and trains themselves to act on cues from females. This isn't magic or anything spooky, but it can seem that they have extraordinary powers when compared to your typical sadsack monger.
I think that mongers have an excellent 6th sense. They sense i what i want (money) and give it to me. (Joke.) While your typical PUA doesn't get the subtile hints i send them to leave me alone!

I think that mongers have an excellent 6th sense. They sense i what i want (money) and give it to me. (Joke.) While your typical PUA doesn't get the subtile hints i send them to leave me alone!

It is obvious that you've never been negged by an accomplished PUA. If so, you wouldn't be posting these snarky retorts, but would be as pliable as a white knighting monger.

Dude, you need to refine your argument. If a woman was picked up by a jedi-level pua, she wouldn't even be aware.

Those aren't the words you were looking for. You can go about your business, move along!

It is obvious that you've never been negged by an accomplished PUA. If so, you wouldn't be posting these snarky retorts, but would be as pliable as a white knighting monger.
Lol, i've been a victim of bullying my whole school period. Insults only distance me from people.
There have definitely been instances that i've almost blindly served a guy but i was always because they gave me the "you and me against the world" vibe, not the "you need to lose weight" vibe.

Reactions: Jbagz and Wwanderer
Lol, i've been a victim of bullying my whole school period. Insults only distance me from people.
There have definitely been instances that i've almost blindly served a guy but i was always because they gave me the "you and me against the world" vibe, not the "you need to lose weight" vibe.
I'm surprised at how people are still replying... he is just saying provocative things to get a rise out of you guys... he even said so himself :LOL:

Reactions: Wwanderer
I'm surprised at how people are still replying... he is just saying provocative things to get a rise out of you guys... he even said so himself :LOL:

I'm pretty sure she knew I was being facetious. Don't you?

Reactions: Wwanderer