Guest viewing is limited

Female Pick-up Artists

I despair of making this perhaps too subtle point clear.

I do NOT think it is wrong to approach women in public. I have done it myself. Where my misgivings begin is when one begins to see the activity not as a normal part of life but as some sort of separate activity that requires learning special skills etc. I think looking at it that way has an impact on how a guy thinks of women.

Let me try my own analogy. Some people, including me, enjoy drinking a good wine and have picked up some knowledge of wines casually in various ways through their lives. Other people take drinking wine so seriously that they study wines and develop a sophisticated understanding of all the factors that influence wine and how best to enjoy wine etc; they become wine connoisseurs. Both types of people drink and enjoy wine, but they think of and experience wines quite differently. Imo, neither way is good or bad because wines are not people and how we think of and treat wines has no impact on their welfare or feelings (because they have neither), but not so women...who happen to be people.

Maybe that helps a bit?

-Ww

I prefer a "wine connoisseur" with the right attitude ;)

Reactions: Sinapse
I was kidding and at the same time thinking of the psychological element of a few posts that would draw a man in. Ha! But I got what you meant.

We have names for such women where I come from.

But this is about men picking up women.
Women picking up men, as in women being the first to approach, is uncommon.
It "goes against nature". Some men dislike not being the hunter.

True that it's not common for a woman to be so direct and "initiate" a conversation with a guy she fancies. However women are more than capable of dropping hints for a guy to let him know she's interested. So perhaps not a direct approach, but women can easily be a pick-up artist with some simple body language.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I prefer a "wine connoisseur" with the right attitude ;)

My thoughts exactly..

True that it's not common for a woman to be so direct and "initiate" a conversation with a guy she fancies. However women are more than capable of dropping hints for a guy to let him know she's interested. So perhaps not a direct approach, but women can easily be a pick-up artist with some simple body language.

I agree totally. What's funny is to some people (on this board) if men do this it's automatically "manipulation" :rolleyes:

There is skill on both sides

I have to say, many of the women on this site are working their magic for sure

My thoughts exactly..

I agree totally. What's funny is to some people (on this board) if men do this it's automatically "manipulation" :rolleyes:

There is skill on both sides

I have to say, many of the women on this site are working their magic for sure

A quick Google search led me to Arden Leigh. Not having read any of her work and going off an interview with her it seems she advocates techniques that entice men into approaching her. So it seems it is possible. Am I supportive? Why not, it's her life to live.

Personally, I like the sexually liberated woman that has no problem telling me up front that they intend to sleep with me after the dinner portion of the date is done. If I was interested enough to ask her out, or to accept her offer, I probably found her attractive enough to want to sleep with her. That is exactly how things went with my last lady friend. She was fifteen minutes late for our date, and her excuse was wanting to look good before she fucked my brains out later. Could the argument be made that I was being used for sex? Absolutely, but if I was okay with that what difference does it make?

I was gonna make a joke, something like;

Step one: Go to a bar

Step two: Sit at a bar (or stand)

Step three: Profit.

But thing is there"s something to this. Women try to Pick up dudes all the time, its just that either the dude is just totally unaware of what's going on (95% of the time) Or he's not hot enough to get hit on. (Like me)

Men and Women are different, so It would make sense that Women pick up men differently than Men pick up women. Of course as the woman you want to get with the best men you can.

Some women that I've seen approach do it in a way that most men don't think that it's an approach. Like starting a conversation and giving puppy dog eyes to the man. If the man is not an idiot, he'll be able to tell that you're into him and ask you out, especially if you keep the conversation going.

Also, some women deliberately go out and try to get hit on by guys. So there's that method as well.

So yes, women DO pick up me, it's different than how men do it and a lot more subtle, but it definitely happens, probably a lot more than we all think.

I know women can be pick up artists. I have known a few and dated one. I don't think gender matters when it comes to being a PUA. Its like an Olympic sport where attributes like strength and speed are not as much of a factor as boldness and luck are.

Although, I think women have a leg up over men in the PUA game. On two separate occasions, I women basically punked me into asking them out infront of my friends. They were both attractive, but I was with my boys and was nervous about being rejected so I did not take the initiative - at first. In both cases I was out with a group of friends (all or mostly male). The first woman was basically looking to get laid, and she kept challenging me in front of my friends. The second woman, was just out for shits and giggles I guess. I asked them both out - infornt of my friends. The first one was when I was in college - I took back to my apartment. The second one was at an izakya/kareoke bar in when i was in Japan last year - she rejected me. My pride was wounded a bit - but my boys were impressed that I did that. We are Facebook friends though.

If I could do the same, I would probably try it everyday.

Reactions: MikeH
I was picked up by a lady on... a rock band fans internet forum (yeah, dont laugh :ROFLMAO:). Was so damn clueless and dumb that it took me weeks until I noticed her interest (in fact it took a guy writing something classy like "cant you see she wants to fuck your brains out" for me to open the eyes). Then it took us about 6 months (yeah dont laugh again) to exchange pics...

Everything before that was purely based on words and ... good vibes (for lack of a better expression). But that was great cause we really learnt to know and appreciate each other without the usual "3D" considerations. Lots of erotic fantasy stories exchanged too (we were VERY creative). Lots of fears too , after all you never know who you deal with when its just online: could be a dude, a psycho, a North Korean spy, who knows...

Anyway, after a year or so we actually met (I'm the patient - and cautious - type). And... Well... Long story short , She did fuck my brains out!!!

Here you go, my little "Female PUA" story :) (There is way more to it than this abridged description though , but you would not believe all the details)