First time going to Japan for "something"

Hi guys tomorrow Im going to Japan and want to know what is the best simcard for 1 week travel plan. If possible with japanese number so I can book on CH. I dont have eSim available so Physical SIM is prefered. Thanks
You won't be able to get an esim with a Japanese number anyways if you don't have proof of residency.

As for physical sim, I used AnyFone Japan during my trip back in June from @Doggyfong 's recommendation. Was easy and pretty simple to get set up, although they do put an annoying hold charge on your acct until the SIM is returned.

You won't be able to get an esim with a Japanese number anyways if you don't have proof of residency.

As for physical sim, I used AnyFone Japan during my trip back in June from @Doggyfong 's recommendation. Was easy and pretty simple to get set up, although they do put an annoying hold charge on your acct until the SIM is returned.
okay thanks for the info, I'll try to check it out later when I arrive

Ooof... the timing...
If you are arriving tomorrow, you cant get it
You have to book the sim card 3 days in advance
oh we need to book the sim card? what alternatives do i have, i seen some post and stuff about vending machine sim card, is it viable or not, and maybe sakuramobile or mobal brand

None of them provide numbers at such short notice from what i know
And both are way too expensive for the use case

Think there's any reason to try an esim with a phone number, or should I just pick up a physical sim?

I'll need to experiment and see what happens. I haven't found a reliable answer to having a verification number for my various US based accounts and logins, so I just signed up for the absolute cheapest international texting plan and was planning to combo that with a Japanese esim w/number.

modern phone doesnt really care about primary sim being a physical sim.

for example pixel 7 pro allows 1 physical 4 esim, but only 2 of them can be active at one time.

I have 1 physical and 2 esim and only 1 esim is active.

my other phone , zte something only has 2 esim and no physical sim slot.

Reactions: zerosupblues
Physical sims are no longer necessary for most modern smartphones, and e-sims actually offer better theft recovery, as they can’t be removed from the phone if it’s stolen.

The US version of iphone 15 doesn't even have a physical SIM now, apparently.

The US version of iphone 15 doesn't even have a physical SIM now, apparently.
Hot take: I actually like the buttons on the iphone. I can't just press a button to turn off my daily alarm. I can't use the rise button because that will just put it on snooze. I have to swipe up and be somewhat accurate with it where as pushing a button is less precision needed and the location is always the same. FWIW, I hate rise to wake and immediately turned it off, so that might give some insight on how much I like the buttons

Reactions: Alice
Hot take: I actually like the buttons on the iphone. I can't just press a button to turn off my daily alarm. I can't use the rise button because that will just put it on snooze. I have to swipe up and be somewhat accurate with it where as pushing a button is less precision needed and the location is always the same. FWIW, I hate rise to wake and immediately turned it off, so that might give some insight on how much I like the buttons
try alarm that force you to solve math problem to turn alarm off.

Reactions: Sudsy
try alarm that force you to solve math problem to turn alarm off.
I have a second alarm set for two minutes after the phone. That alarm gets put next to the shower before I sleep.

Giving an update that I am already in Osaka right now. In the end I just bought some data plan at the airport so I dont have any Japanese number. Right now I'm trying to message one of girl from CH if it is possible as a foreigner to book her later when I arrive in Shinjuku. If the girl say OK, I would like to ask how to order or book Love Hotel and which Love Hotel is recommended around Shinjuku area (as this is the very first time I ever order/book a love hotel). And what do I need or prepare if I want to engage in love hotel. Thanks in advance.

Giving an update that I am already in Osaka right now. In the end I just bought some data plan at the airport so I dont have any Japanese number. Right now I'm trying to message one of girl from CH if it is possible as a foreigner to book her later when I arrive in Shinjuku. If the girl say OK, I would like to ask how to order or book Love Hotel and which Love Hotel is recommended around Shinjuku area (as this is the very first time I ever order/book a love hotel). And what do I need or prepare if I want to engage in love hotel. Thanks in advance.

I think that is not only the girl's decision....booking health via cityheaven is just not possible without a Japanese number. The shops won't allow it.

I think the only delivery health services that are known for allowing booking without number / just Line are Robotdeli and I think some review also mentioned Ikebukuro Heart. Some hotel health shops might also be less strict.

I think that is not only the girl's decision....booking health via cityheaven is just not possible without a Japanese number. The shops won't allow it.

I think the only delivery health services that are known for allowing booking without number / just Line are Robotdeli and I think some review also mentioned Ikebukuro Heart. Some hotel health shops might also be less strict.
Oh I really thought that I could message her via Twitter and maybe she will proceed my message to her manager or something. The one I tried to book is Rena from Miseijuku - Delivery Health Shinjuku. Well I guess the best thing I can do later is just walk-in into some SL and hope for the best. Thanks for the info, I will take a look at robotdeli and Ikebukuro Heart when I have time.

Oh I really thought that I could message her via Twitter and maybe she will proceed my message to her manager or something. The one I tried to book is Rena from Miseijuku - Delivery Health Shinjuku. Well I guess the best thing I can do later is just walk-in into some SL and hope for the best. Thanks for the info, I will take a look at robotdeli and Ikebukuro Heart when I have time.
i was able to book an appointment completely through Twitter DMs not with Rena, but with Risa. I wasn’t extremely clear with me not currently having a Japanese phone number yet, so she booked the reservation and suggested that she was okay with me telling her the hotel and room number the day of through Twitter. Out of the 3 I’ve already booked for my upcoming trip, 2 wanted me to call the store

Oh I really thought that I could message her via Twitter and maybe she will proceed my message to her manager or something.
They will still need to let the staff know if they have any bookings and other information.
Most require the number as a way to verify you are a human and to call you for any reasons.

i was able to book an appointment completely through Twitter DMs not with Rena, but with Risa. I wasn’t extremely clear with me not currently having a Japanese phone number yet, so she booked the reservation and suggested that she was okay with me telling her the hotel and room number the day of through Twitter. Out of the 3 I’ve already booked for my upcoming trip, 2 wanted me to call the store
okay this is a great news, I hope at least she will reply my DM to let me know if it is possible or not. Is Risa from the same shop? If yes my hope is getting bigger (not only my hope). Because I dont really have high hopes if I cant book girls at all, as if I do walk-in on SL, it is still possible to not meet the girl that I want too.

They will still need to let the staff know if they have any bookings and other information.
Most require the number as a way to verify you are a human and to call you for any reasons.
Yea I guess it's logical as they dont want some trolls to just do reservation whenever they want and just quit or cancel without telling anything. But as foreigner who only here for sightseeing it is kinda expensive to buy simcard with voice plan (as I dont know anything about it before). Iirc the price for phone number is around 10k and with a bit of data plan which is kinda not worth for me.

okay this is a great news, I hope at least she will reply my DM to let me know if it is possible or not. Is Risa from the same shop? If yes my hope is getting bigger (not only my hope).
Yes, Risa is also from Miseijuku. She posted her schedule for the month of November on Twitter and one of the days happened to line up with my schedule. One of the other appointments I was able to get scheduled (Moe Channel) has a physical location (hotel health), but I was still asked to call them to verify

Last edited: