Guest viewing is limited

Suggestion Foreigner tax as a yes/no question when writing a review?

Ouch....if that's true, that really sucks. I mean they are one of the few shops in Kawasaki that charge a plus.
I paid 3k when I went and website still states something like this. If they really raised it another 4k it would make the place a nogo.

Really worrysome....I think that's the third shop within a shot timeframe people have reported about introduction or raise of gaijin tax.
Just stop going to the shops that do it - if it makes a hit in their pockets, they'll revise the policy.

They started letting foreign trade in because they needed the cash flow, that hasn't changed.

Reactions: MikeH and Danbo
Cecil plus tacked on extra 4000 yen of foreigner tax recently
I requested 60mins, thinking it would be 26000yen online (foreigner tax is 3000yen).
then they added an extra 4000 yen, the final total was 30,000 yen for 60mins(total foreigner tax is 7000 yen)
beware of Cecil plus!!!!
An unnamed shop tried the same shit on me the other day, I cancelled and walked away, please do that

An unnamed shop tried the same shit on me the other day, I cancelled and walked away, please do that

That's my boi!

Though maybe you should name and shame.

I don't consider any shop that charges extra because of my lack of koseki "foreigner friendly" and have made it a principle to never give them my monies.

There are enough places that gives my money the same priority as local's money so you always have options.

That's when the right head is doing the thinking.

Agreed. Might as well add a column to the Kawasaki's guide, or remove them from the list.

Reactions: MikeH and Cinnabums
That's my boi!

I don't consider any shop that charges extra because of my lack of koseki "foreigner friendly" and have made it a principle to never give them my monies.

There are enough places that gives my money the same priority as local's money so you always have options.
I will, wait for the review, yes, this sounds weird but just wait....

I think on top of that foreigner also not eligible for cheapest course and discount/promo?

I would love to know more information such as :
are you white, brown, or east asian (in my home country, white and brown dicks were rejected because they think it might hurt the girls. while my other friend who is chinese and south east asian pass without issue).

7000 foreigner tax might not much for me if I book for 2 hours.

I guess if someday I can pass as non foreigner maybe it means my japanese skill is native speaker already.

7000 foreigner tax might not much for me if I book for 2 hours.

Yeah, the amount is irrelevant. As long as enough people are willing to comply, shops will stick to these rules. I think most of us thought like you at the beginning swallowed their pride and paid gaijin tax because it is not much or your were thinking with your dick. I am also at fault that I visited Cecil Plus a few months ago...lol, had a different stupid reason why I had to but that doesn't excuse it.

As long as people are willing to pay, shops will continue to charge it or even raise it. Only way to end this BS to not go to these shops and also tell them directly that you will take your business somewhere else because of these rules.

Reactions: Cinnabums
Yeah, the amount is irrelevant. As long as enough people are willing to comply, shops will stick to these rules. I think most of us thought like you at the beginning swallowed their pride and paid gaijin tax because it is not much or your were thinking with your dick. I am also at fault that I visited Cecil Plus a few months ago...lol, had a different stupid reason why I had to but that doesn't excuse it.

As long as people are willing to pay, shops will continue to charge it or even raise it. Only way to end this BS to not go to these shops and also tell them directly that you will take your business somewhere else because of these rules.
yeah once you are there and pick a girl it is almost like sunk cost fallacy mindset. I am already here, why not pay extra rather than waste my time coming all the way here.

I am guilty in term of picking longer course. I think to myself 70 minutes is enough . When I saw the photo, ah make it 90 minutes please.

not sure if people will have willpower to go back when quoted 2000 yen gaijin tax like in marineblue honten.

I am willing to pay a slight fee PROVIDED the tenchou isn't a dick.
3k seems reasonable, 5k will probably be the most I am willing to pay depending on the girl.
But I do see why it is a dick move for them to implement costs on top of whatever is already stated.

DMed a girl previously from Shinkaigyo if I could book her and asked the price.
She sent this to me and said this is the price, no additional fees
1688464757559.png

Even though the English site is a different story.
  • A foreigner's fee is 50,000 yen 100min or 36,000 70min.

Due to scheduling, I wasn't able to book her and test to see if I can bypass the overwhelming upcharge by contacting the girl directly.
Was thinking to book her, and if told to pay 50k, walk out.

Ouch....if that's true, that really sucks. I mean they are one of the few shops in Kawasaki that charge a plus.
I paid 3k when I went and website still states something like this. If they really raised it another 4k it would make the place a nogo.

Really worrysome....I think that's the third shop within a shot timeframe people have reported about introduction or raise of gaijin tax.
Yeah, these guys think they can get away with anything... we gotta vote with our yen and just bail out to teach them a lesson

During my recent trip, I visited Dolce multiple times and I ran into quite a few tourists and I think the increase of the foreigner tax has a lot to do with the influx of tourist visiting Japan after the reopen. Tourist is nearly everywhere on subway, every restaurant.. and yes soapland. Pervious I never run into tourist around Minowa station.. but this time I overheard some tourist (a couple) trying to figure out direction... not sure what the attraction around there

With the yen's deprecation the shop see an opportunity for price increase. I think the foreigner tax purpose was targeting tourist, but unfortunately local expat/foreigner has been lump as the same foreigner group as tourist.

Also, for someone who live in Japan the price change might see steep. but for someone from outside of Japan (especially North America) the price if you converted to USD the price adjustment is almost constant .

Ex. My last visit to Dolce 80 min course was 31K (course+tax+nomination) in 2019 the USD/Yen rate is 110 so if you convert to USD that's around 281 USD. My recent visit after Dolce July 1 price increases the 80 min course is 39K the USD/Yen is 140, if convert to USD that's around 279 USD. It is actually cheaper than my last visit.

And given that almost everyone outside Japan have been dealing with high inflation, the price even look more attractive, I certainly can't get any P4p at this price with the quality of girl in any major US city. That why's I think the tax is actually targeting foreign tourist based on USD pricing.
Side note. I think the reverse culture shock thread is an excellent thread for further understand the topic on inflation/tips-flation outside Japan.

Also it might not matter whether the local foreigner walk away those price increase, if foreign visitor segment > local foreigner segment then I don't think the shop will see traffic drop off. And given the attitude some of Dolce's staff treat foreigner, I really doubt they are seeing any less of foreigner.

And I am sorry I am part of the culprit too, I did visit Dolce (even after it raised the price on July 1) I don't like the shop .. but I did end up with 2 girls which kind enough to put in reservation for me and gave me a good time. For someone who don't speak much Japanese, it does save me a lot of time and I am actually paying less in USD term than my 2019 visit.

By no mean I like paying extra based on my nationality but as an outsider I just want to point out the possible pricing scheme these group is deploying to target tourist.
unfortunately local expat/foreigner has been lump as the same foreigner group as tourist.

During my recent trip, I visited Dolce multiple times and I ran into quite a few tourists and I think the increase of the foreigner tax has a lot to do with the influx of tourist visiting Japan after the reopen. Tourist is nearly everywhere on subway, every restaurant.. and yes soapland. Pervious I never run into tourist around Minowa station.. but this time I overheard some tourist (a couple) trying to figure out direction... not sure what the attraction around there

With the yen's deprecation the shop see an opportunity for price increase. I think the foreigner tax purpose was targeting tourist, but unfortunately local expat/foreigner has been lump as the same foreigner group as tourist.

Also, for someone who live in Japan the price change might see steep. but for someone from outside of Japan (especially North America) the price if you converted to USD the price adjustment is almost constant .

Ex. My last visit to Dolce 80 min course was 31K (course+tax+nomination) in 2019 the USD/Yen rate is 110 so if you convert to USD that's around 281 USD. My recent visit after Dolce July 1 price increases the 80 min course is 39K the USD/Yen is 140, if convert to USD that's around 279 USD. It is actually cheaper than my last visit.

And given that almost everyone outside Japan have been dealing with high inflation, the price even look more attractive, I certainly can't get any P4p at this price with the quality of girl in any major US city. That why's I think the tax is actually targeting foreign tourist based on USD pricing.
Side note. I think the reverse culture shock thread is an excellent thread for further understand the topic on inflation/tips-flation outside Japan.

Also it might not matter whether the local foreigner walk away those price increase, if foreign visitor segment > local foreigner segment then I don't think the shop will see traffic drop off. And given the attitude some of Dolce's staff treat foreigner, I really doubt they are seeing any less of foreigner.

And I am sorry I am part of the culprit too, I did visit Dolce (even after it raised the price on July 1) I don't like the shop .. but I did end up with 2 girls which kind enough to put in reservation for me and gave me a good time. For someone who don't speak much Japanese, it does save me a lot of time and I am actually paying less in USD term than my 2019 visit.

By no mean I like paying extra based on my nationality but as an outsider I just want to point out the possible pricing scheme these group is deploying to target tourist.
unfortunately local expat/foreigner has been lump as the same foreigner group as tourist.
Good point about the exchange rate. I haven't thought about that. Still hating being charged more despite the fact that we do live here and pay taxes probably more than the workers at the shop.

are you white, brown, or east asian (in my home country, white and brown dicks were rejected because they think it might hurt the girls. while my other friend who is chinese and south east asian pass without issue).
Pyrrhic victory?
Back on topic, I'd like to see this, but might be better suited to having some space dedicated to it in the review itself due to possible ambiguity regarding it.

And if doing 120 mins it gets really disgusting, an additional 19,000 yen!

View attachment 22083
That really is a bummer. From 3k no matter how long to this insanity....will be interesting to see if they will stick with it. Makes them so extraordinarily expensive in Kawasaki with cheaper competition right next door.

Timing is immaculate, Kanna that I wanted to see for a long time announced her departure from Cecil Plus yesterday.

Edit: And now she is closer to station, closer to heart at foreign friendly shop Bijin Lab, see you soon Kanna!

Last edited:
Timing is immaculate, Kanna that I wanted to see for a long time announced her departure from Cecil Plus yesterday.

Edit: And now she is closer to station, closer to heart at foreign friendly shop Bijin Lab, see you soon Kanna!

Did you meet Kanna yet? I've got a reservation with her coming up soon

I would love to know more information such as :
I understand stereotypes but your skin color and ding dong size are not always correlated.
I know its hard to find a small ding dong on a black guy or viceversa for an asian(no statistical backup for this claim), but on the subject of discimination for foreigners requesting on top your skin color seems weird.
Then again it would be a voluntary disclosure so if the person is ok with it then whatever.