Guest viewing is limited

Going to club/bar alone

Lilllianne

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I know with the situation right now it’s not advisable to go clubbing or bar hopping but would it be weird for a girl (20, Asian) to go to a club/bar alone? Or is that normal?

My friends in Tokyo are not into those and I’ve always wanted to go, especially since I live near Roppongi.

Obviously I won’t go until the situation is over.

Thank you :)

Hi guys,

I know with the situation right now it’s not advisable to go clubbing or bar hopping but would it be weird for a girl (20, Asian) to go to a club/bar alone? Or is that normal?

My friends in Tokyo are not into those and I’ve always wanted to go, especially since I live near Roppongi.

its not frequent but not at all weird , this is a free country ...

its not frequent but not at all weird , this is a free country ...

Would it be safe?

Drugging someone’s drink is a big thing in my home country that’s the main reason why I’m worried of going alone.

Would it be safe?

Drugging someone’s drink is a big thing in my home country that’s the main reason why I’m worried of going alone.
Honestly people who get drugged in Roppongi are generally much older males and they get drugged by aging hostesses who don’t have the captivating personality or conversational skills to entertain their customers. (Hence resorting to drug the customer to make him spend more in the club)
I’m sure you’ll be okay. Just use your common sense.

AND PLEASE DON’T GO TO MOTOWN. If it still exists of course.

I shall decline all of them in advance :)

Bummer, I was going to order a shiny white armor, but luckily I'm a bit slow:D

To your point, as @Simonka says, usually it's not young ladies being the victim of this in Roppongi, but in any case, it's always a good Idea to not have your drink sitting around idly. If nothing else, it will get warm and that's never a good thing.
If I was worried about this kind of stuff however, Roppongi would be the #1 place in Japan I wanted to avoid. As s male probably closely tied with Kabukicho;)

Honestly people who get drugged in Roppongi are generally much older males and they get drugged by aging hostesses who don’t have the captivating personality or conversational skills to entertain their customers. (Hence resorting to drug the customer to make him spend more in the club)
I’m sure you’ll be okay. Just use your common sense.

i second that wise advice

Reactions: Simonka
Hi guys,

its totally normal, no problem.
Id recommend jumping in a taxi and heading to ebisu though. Much better bars and people. Still close to where you are. unless of course you like the middle age white guys in chinos with no social skills.
ebisu is relatively cooler, and at 20 you are already too old for shibuya.
enjoy!

It died, but someone bought it and resurrected the corpse.

So it's the original with a layer of decomposition.

Reactions: Simonka
unless of course you like the middle age white guys in chinos with no social skills.

Yeah, I see the problem here is the chinos. But if she likes that specific combo then I am a pair of chinos away from her fantasy date.

Reactions: Lukes
It died, but someone bought it and resurrected the corpse.

So it's the original with a layer of decomposition.
We’re all going to be incarcerated for defamation, what an exhilarating depiction for a night club!

Reactions: Frenchy and Sudsy
Hi guys,

Ebisu is a very good choice. Just skip Roppongi all together......... you won't miss a thing.

Ebisu is a very good choice. Just skip Roppongi all together......... you won't miss a thing.

Not a thing? You are now totally forgetting the nice touts and being scammed on your drink orders in pretty much any night club there!

Reactions: Frenchy
I’m sure you had some fun when you were drugged. It can’t be that bad.,
Actually it was fun at Motown , then spiraled down at the karaoke/sports bar where clearly she got kickbacks from the owner and started crying about her supposed recent break-up, then came to an abject end at my place where we didn’t even fuck.
Worst SA bitch ever! :mad:
Come to think of it maybe the drug was to make me sleep but it didn’t work , so then she tried all the tricks possible to not fulfill her part of the deal

Last edited:
I'd say if you are going to go to a bar alone, then go to one on the ground floor, with windows that give a view of the road (or even better an outside area).
People watching while in a bar alone is great fun.

Personally I like Akasaka.

Reactions: Joe2017
You should also explore Shibuya if you are in your 20’s. You’d also meet people your age that do go out.

As was mentioned, girls getting roofied isn't very common here. I had to warn a Japanese lady friend of mine pretty strongly to be aware of who had access to her drinks in clubs before she went to London, she had never heard about it before. And then it nearly happened to her anyhow.