Guest viewing is limited

Going to Work On Myself Need Some Resource Advice

So I finally got into a gym. Time to work out. On a different note, getting nice fitting, clothes, brand new haircut that fits my face seems like it's having an effect (or I might be just imagining it). Some of my female classmates have been asking if I was married or have a girlfriend when we're out for drinks, and have been hanging out with me more a lot lately. At this point, I might just keep on improving myself, instead of doing NAMPA lol.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies!

ladies dig self confidence.
This is the truest statement in the thread.
Trust me, this is how the fat, disgusting brown rabbit pig (adding "rabbit" thanks to compliments of @Sudsy) such as myself was able to land the few women in Japan who could bear to look upon my terrifying visage with their legs opened.

I've got get rid of this belly I'm getting

It's the best part of you man.
It makes you the lovable lech you are.

Bonus points if you have a five o'clock shadow and walk like your dick is a weapon.

I was once told by FWB that "muscular guys are nice to look at but when you start seriously having sex you need a guy with a bit of belly for a buffer". :p

So I finally got into a gym. Time to work out. On a different note, getting nice fitting, clothes, brand new haircut that fits my face seems like it's having an effect (or I might be just imagining it). Some of my female classmates have been asking if I was married or have a girlfriend when we're out for drinks, and have been hanging out with me more a lot lately. At this point, I might just keep on improving myself, instead of doing NAMPA lol.

Anyway, thanks for all the replies!
That's nice to hear. For some reason, I feel much more comfortable and confident in my clothes here than over in my home country and as others said, people will pick up on that.

But you said you were in your late 30s. What classes are you attending? Language school or are you going to uni? I'm still trying to figure out how to get my foot into Japan permanently but it'll probably take a few years of learning this language and actually getting a degree so I am curious to know what a guy (assumingly) ~10 years older than me does here now!

I'm currently doing language school, and have a student visa(upto 2 years).
Hopefully I get a work visa before my time's up. I have a degree, and a good amount of experience in my field, and have had some friends move here using the same process, so hopefully I get lucky.( In more ways than one :D ) .
Regarding clothes. Yeah me too. I guess, after I saw a guy walking around in Harajuku with butt cheeks out in the open, I thought if that guy can dress up anyway he wants, I can too.

I'm not sure if this should be in the Life in Japan thread, but since my goal is Nampa/PUA I'm posting this here. I've been thinking of giving this PUA/Nampa thing a shot, but I want to work on myself first. I'm in my late 30s, asian not white so I guess I have that going against me in this country. Since I can't work on my race I need
to work on other things:

1) Workout
2) Get better clothes
For #1, I've only been here for a few months and can't get a credit card. Do gyms here have cash/cash card payment options, and if so which ones. For #2 any suggestions on where to get better clothes, shoes etc. aside from Uniqlo? By better, I mean clothes which will look attractive to women here.
Bro, I’m Asian (low level Japanese speaker) and didn’t have too many problems picking up girls at the clubs. Never really tried picking girls up off the street. The club was easier because of the alcohol and the overall high energy fun vibe. Honestly what helped me the most both in Japan and in the US is to make the other party laugh. My buddies and I would go out and we’d just be laughing and having fun, so girls felt more comfortable joining us for a drink and some dancing.

But honestly, if you can make a girl laugh within the first few minutes it’s a good way to move things forward.

But honestly, if you can make a girl laugh within the first few minutes it’s a good way to move things forward.

So if immediately when you show up the girls laugh and point fingers at you it must be good, right?

So if immediately when you show up the girls laugh and point fingers at you it must be good, right?
Must be! It can not be anything else. Like my shitty hair. Or my oversized t-shirt.

Reactions: MikeH
Fair enough.

Still, what should I have done? Gaijin my way thru the application, and then loudly complain when some attendant or other member sees my ink and decides that’s the day they’re going to assert dominance over a non-compliant foreigner? Maybe works for an ALT who’ll be going “Home” in a few months/years, but I’d rather not defecate in my living space.

In the end, the place I joined has far more relaxed policies, better hours, costs less per month and gives me access to all their locations. I’d been getting a rotten vibe during the whole process so basically we both played the Japanese game of politely telling each other to kindly fuck off and die.

This. At least in Tokyo there is ALWAYS a more friendly place. Gym, restaurant, sento, taxi, whatever…ironically the most anal gym I have ever found was: Golds Gym.

This. At least in Tokyo there is ALWAYS a more friendly place. Gym, restaurant, sento, taxi, whatever…ironically the most anal gym I have ever found was: Golds Gym.

Definitely there were guys at Golds most down for the anal. But I never could frequent there long once my bench requirement exceeded their inventory of free weights. 😜

Reactions: Cinnabums and MikeH