Guest viewing is limited

HB for single American female

I've lived in tokyo for about two years now and I have yet to go to a HB. My japanese is conversational but not great. I was wondering if there was a HB recommendation for single female gaijin with basic japanese skill. I'm attractive so I'm not sure of that would help any. I do prefer only japanese men though. Thank you in advance
Hi,

I'm going this week so maybe we can go there together, I can speak Japanese and can help there with the men.
And I'm a gentleman btw, you'll have 0 pressure from me :)

Reactions: Wwanderer
so you think 9259 is better than blissout ? I'm only familiar with the 1st one and was thinking about trying the latter.
I like 9259 better, think the crowd is younger and more attractive.

Also way more people than in Bliss, i think. But i’ve only been to Bliss once. There were not many people and the ones there were more like middle aged men and not really attractive either.

The one time i’ve been to sleeping beauty i’d still say that the crowd was older than 9259 as well.

I think 9259 is not too expensive so it has a lot of people and there are both older and younger ones but there are usually guys in their 20s around and the older guys tend to be muscled and well kept

I like 9259 better, think the crowd is younger and more attractive.
I went there more than once (with the girl you met last time) and I like 9259 a lot because of the staff, but I had the opposite impression about the crowd. I don't go there for the men but it seems they were younger in the sleeping beauty.
Also 9259 have a nice selection of drinks and their coffee was surprisingly good.
The place itself is smaller than the sleeping beauty and have only 1 shower. I'm more likely to go again to 9259 though, the good vibes with the staff is important after all.

I went there more than once (with the girl you met last time) and I like 9259 a lot because of the staff, but I had the opposite impression about the crowd. I don't go there for the men but it seems they were younger in the sleeping beauty.
Also 9259 have a nice selection of drinks and their coffee was surprisingly good.
The place itself is smaller than the sleeping beauty and have only 1 shower. I'm more likely to go again to 9259 though, the good vibes with the staff is important after all.
Yes, Sleeping Beauty is huge. I do think their events may have many people and some young girls but when i went there it was rather quiet.

I’m not that big on the nomihodai at 9259, i dont drink that much there but its alright. Definitely like the staff and the vibe.

Is Retreat still open and do people have information about it? I’ve never been there and kind of curious.

Also 9259 is strict with both the ID check and the Japanese health insurance now but from reports from others, Bliss Out is not. How is this with the other bars? (I imagine sleeping beauty being strict as well)

why is that ?

Well, was really thinking for a first timer. 9259 and especially Retreat do a great job of looking after their female customers and making them feel safe. SB’s bigger & rowdier and sometimes you get a few dodgy characters in there, so I don’t think it’s great for a single female on her first HB visit.

Is Retreat still open and do people have information about it? I’ve never been there and kind of curious.

Also 9259 is strict with both the ID check and the Japanese health insurance now but from reports from others, Bliss Out is not. How is this with the other bars? (I imagine sleeping beauty being strict as well)

I went to Retreat a few times and 9259 once last time I was in Tokyo, last November/December. All visits were great, and unless something’s happened recently Retreat is very much alive & kicking - actually, just checked their site & they’re defo open, advertising some summer party events.

9259 were very strict, I had to reregister and didn’t have my passport with me, think I only got in thanks to my Japanese mate being there to talk me in. Tried SB last year and got turned away as my membership was lapsed and they wanted to see my zairyu card to reregister me, something I longer have. Retreat have never checked my ID since I very first joined a few years back, have renewed several times. Will be visiting them all again in a few weeks, doubt I’ll get in to SB but will give it a shot anyway

I went to Retreat a few times and 9259 once last time I was in Tokyo, last November/December. All visits were great, and unless something’s happened recently Retreat is very much alive & kicking - actually, just checked their site & they’re defo open, advertising some summer party events.

9259 were very strict, I had to reregister and didn’t have my passport with me, think I only got in thanks to my Japanese mate being there to talk me in. Tried SB last year and got turned away as my membership was lapsed and they wanted to see my zairyu card to reregister me, something I longer have. Retreat have never checked my ID since I very first joined a few years back, have renewed several times. Will be visiting them all again in a few weeks, doubt I’ll get in to SB but will give it a shot anyway
Great information, thank you!

so you think 9259 is better than blissout ? I'm only familiar with the 1st one and was thinking about trying the latter.

I've been to both places quite a few times (ten or more each I guess) and have found that the quality of the crowd and the experience vary A LOT at both. I've seen both be lively and fun as well as both be dead and boring. I've also seen both be disappointing and both be great in terms of the ages and attractiveness of the customers. So, on any given day or night, I guess either could be the better choice in those regards. However, overall I think 9259 is better on average, and I've never seen Bliss match the best scenes/nights at 9259. That's why I recommend 9259 over Bliss, but I don't think there is really that much of a difference between the two.

As for things that don't vary:
- Staff is much nicer at 9259; they work hard to create a fun party atmosphere as you mentioned. Not the case at Bliss.
- It is much easier for non-Japanese speakers to get into Bliss, and they generally seem more relaxed about enforcing house rules.
- The facilities are considerably nicer (more extensive, more space and in better shape) at Bliss.
- Bliss is more conveniently located wrt Kabukicho and other Shinjuku nightlife.
- The couples' bracelet system at 9259 is sometimes awkward or annoying.
- I can't recall which is more expensive.
- The atmosphere in the social room is more friendly and laid back at 9259 (perhaps due to the efforts of the staff).

Overall, I've had more memorable experiences at 9259...some really special ones indeed, whereas visits to Bliss seem more routine and predictable.

I've also been one time each to Retreat and Sleeping Beauty. I had quite a good time at the latter and a not very good time at all at the former, but this was mostly due to the people with whom I went in both cases. I took two women who hadn't previously met to Retreat the one time I was there, and they didn't get along at all well. One wanted to stay all night while the other wanted to leave asap. Awkward to put it mildly! In any case, I don't think one visit is enough to accurately judge an HB given how much the scene can vary from one time to the next.

Can anyone add some info/opinions about Colo(u)r(s)? I've never been there myself.

-Ww

Just to add to the pool of information above.
Last time I was in BlissOut with my wife, we both got a membership card even when we registered as a couple.

Blissout will also have a Shibari/kinbaku event on the 21st of July if you are interested to try it out.

Cheers!

Last time I was in BlissOut with my wife, we both got a membership card even when we registered as a couple.

Blissout will also have a Shibari/kinbaku event on the 21st of July if you are interested to try it out.

Cheers!
they also give a member card each in 9259 when you go as a couple.

Can anyone add some info/opinions about Colo(u)r(s)? I've never been there myself.
I’d say it’s definitely not worth going.
Super small (smaller than 9259), only one play room and the regular crowd is only playing darts, never in action.

I’d say it’s definitely not worth going.
Super small (smaller than 9259), only one play room and the regular crowd is only playing darts, never in action.

Darts seems to be inexplicably popular in HBs, and it doesn't seem like the ideal game to play in a room crowded with scantily clad or naked people. It is painful to even think about the possible accidents! :eek:

-Ww

Darts seems to be inexplicably popular in HBs, and it doesn't seem like the ideal game to play in a room crowded with scantily clad or naked people. It is painful to even think about the possible accidents! :eek:

-Ww
Free body piercings?

Haha - given that it’s all electronic darts, you’d have to throw like a T-800 to pierce anything

I second Alice re Colours - tiny, been twice, one night was a total sausage fest dud, other night was also a dud in terms of crowd & atmosphere and even though I did get a little play with the only girl present I decided not to waste my money there again.

getting laid by Japanese men...

...others here might have some to offer, especially some of the TAG ladies.

Not very experienced with them personally : )

Cheers!

Went to this same event last year, it was fun (more a demonstration / instruction / try on yourself than real show though, but interesting to discuss with the Sensei and get him transform my lady into some kind of Spiderman’s target :))

Hi Hana,

The 1000 yen is the registration fee, so you only pay that the first time you go. Then entry is free for each subsequent visit. Not a bad deal really - hardly costs a thing and you can get all the action you want ;)