Hey hey from Kyoto

da2369

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just moved to Japan about a month ago.
I've been trying to figure out the adult entertainment scene in my area for the past couple weeks to no avail.
My Japanese speaking ability is pretty bad, but my listening is decent. Though I think this is still a barrier to most places.
I'm hoping to learn more about how to have fun in the Kinki "kinky" area from you guys.
Hit me up if you wanna chat with a newbie!

Reactions: requiemmorrow
I've been trying to figure out the adult entertainment scene in my area for the past couple weeks to no avail.
My Japanese speaking ability is pretty bad, but my listening is decent. Though I think this is still a barrier to most places.
I'm hoping to learn more about how to have fun in the Kinki "kinky" area from you guys.
Three words: Tobita Shinchi, son.

Three words: Tobita Shinchi, son.
I saw that place while 'researching'
I thought that place would be pretty resistant towards foreigners.
Do you know which places (or street) allow foreigners?

Just walk around and eyeball the shops. It will be clear from the reactions of the girls and mama-sans where you are welcome. Those who are not interested will ignore you, those who are interested will actively seek your attention when you make eye contact. Please don’t overanalyze or over-research. Any street level info is gonna be stale anyway.

Just walk around and eyeball the shops. It will be clear from the reactions of the girls and mama-sans where you are welcome. Those who are not interested will ignore you, those who are interested will actively seek your attention when you make eye contact. Please don’t overanalyze or over-research. Any street level info is gonna be stale anyway.
Thanks for the advice!
I'll definitely check this place out once I get my paycheck.
I might also check out Matsushima
I've heard that one is cheaper and has more services, but the women aren't as good looking

Any street level info is gonna be stale anyway.

Because it mostly depends on the girl who is on duty. Last I visited there was maybe like one shop in the main streets which was not interested in my monies.

You're about to find out there's absolutely nothing kinky about Kinki. Kyoto is particularly shitty in that it's full of either useless tourists (or worse, the American "scholar" douchebags) or arrogant local snobs who think they're still the real Capitol.

As mentioned here, your only real option is Tobita Shinchi, where--assuming you're white and not hideously ugly--you should be able to get action at around half of the shops, although COVID might've changed that.

Otherwise, even if you could speak Japanese, most of the foreigner-friendly options in and around Osaka are long gone or Japanese-only now, and even twenty years ago they weren't that great. If you want to cornhole a ladyboy then there are a ton of newhalf shops in Umeda and Nipponbashi that'll let your language-challenged ass in but don't expect Miran.

The best advice anyone can offer is: MOVE TO TOKYO.

I'll probably be back in Osaka in a couple of months if you'd like to do a dozen curb-beers along the Kamogawa in Sanjo with an angry, racist, alcoholic nikkeijin who can regale you with a 3-hour rant about why I hate Osaka/Kansai, pausing my diatribe only briefly to throw rocks at the American hippies playing their bongo drums by the water, and when the cops come I'll just disappear into the crowd and you'll get hauled to the koban. Then, and only then, can you call yourself a real expat!

Last edited:
there’s a lot of places that operate around kawaramachi station and the road at night has a lot of places and street walkers. it’s got a nice vibe so just stroll around and see if anything catches your eye. tobita is way to far away for you unless you’re making a weekend out of it. kyoto is a nice place. just gotta go in with the right attitude.

Reactions: da2369
If this is @da2369 's first experience, I would think a proper shop of sorts (however haggard or racist) is going to be a better overall experience than picking up someone on the street in Kyoto.
You're less likely to lose your wallet in a shop, and then the plethora of other scams that I have read about on this site just makes it too risky to prowl the street.

We want to nurture a healthy habit of man-whoring, so I really think Tobita Shinchi or a soapland is the right first experience.

tobita is way to far away for you unless you’re making a weekend out of it. kyoto is a nice place. just gotta go in with the right attitude.
Nonsense. IIRC, I used to jump on the Thunderbird at JR Kyoto and be back at Osaka station in less than 15 minutes. From there, any number of express JR trains or the Midousuji will have him at Tennoji station in another 15 minutes, tops. Besides, even two hours really isn't that far to travel for a pretty girl to spread her legs for you.

there’s a lot of places that operate around kawaramachi station and the road at night has a lot of places and street walkers. it’s got a nice vibe so just stroll around and see if anything catches your eye. tobita is way to far away for you unless you’re making a weekend out of it. kyoto is a nice place. just gotta go in with the right attitude.
I walked around there one night, not really looking though cause I didn't know the vibe for being in that area, but I might check it out again. Though who knows which places will reject me walking in

If this is @da2369 's first experience, I would think a proper shop of sorts (however haggard or racist) is going to be a better overall experience than picking up someone on the street in Kyoto.
You're less likely to lose your wallet in a shop, and then the plethora of other scams that I have read about on this site just makes it too risky to prowl the street.

We want to nurture a healthy habit of man-whoring, so I really think Tobita Shinchi or a soapland is the right first experience.
Thanks for the thoughtfulness!
Do you recommend any soaplands?

I walked around there one night, not really looking though cause I didn't know the vibe for being in that area, but I might check it out again. Though who knows which places will reject me walking in

Seriously, dude...it's not worthwhile scouring Kyoto for decent P4P. Even back in my day, years ago when I worked nearby, there were a number of small, hole-in-the-wall FS joints around Shijo that would take foreigners (who spoke Japanese) but the girls were mediocre at best and it was more expensive than the Osaka districts like Juso, which was a major FS district but starting about ten years ago the shops began closing or refusing gaijin. And while Kyoto generally has less yak activity, the Kobe-based Yamaguchi Gumi still has a major presence in Osaka (one of the underbosses lived across the street from me) and the geisha houses in Gion is where upper leadership like to have their fancy lunches. You do NOT want to accidentally stumble upon one of those joints thinking it has P4P potential, bust in muttering unintelligible garbage while grabbing your dick and ruin lunch for the bosses, unless you want to find yourself getting the shit kicked out of you in an alley behind the restaurant.

Today, you are not going to find hotter girls, lower prices and more ease of use and potential acceptance of (white) foreigners than in Tobita Shinchi. That goes for all of Kansai. Do a search here on TAG for intel and instructions and act accordingly. Afterwards, I highly recommend hoofing it over to Spa World to wash off the evidence and bacterial/viral material from Tobita and if you've still got cash left, get a nice akasuri from a non-P4P Korean lady (yes, they do exist). If you still have cash left, it wouldn't be a waste of time to walk back to Tennoji Station and go to the top-floor observatory of Abeno Harukas to crack a few beers at the beer garden. In years past--if you had a super telephoto lens camera-- you could snap pictures of all the naked women at the Spa World rotenburo from up there, but about five years ago those fucking prudes put up screens so those visiting Harukas couldn't watch all the women bathe.

You didn't do yourself any favors by choosing Kyoto/Kansai. The ONLY reasons I ever go back are to 1) visit friends trapped there for life (wives/kids), 2) go to Spa World and then 3) take a walk through my old neighborhood and revel in the absolute glory and joy that I don't live there anymore.

Today, you are not going to find hotter girls, lower prices and more ease of use and potential acceptance of (white) foreigners than in Tobita Shinchi. That goes for all of Kansai.
Lower prices? I thought Tobita was pretty expensive, at least compared to the amount of time and quality of service

Lower prices? I thought Tobita was pretty expensive, at least compared to the amount of time and quality of service

That's because you're in the shithole known as Kansai. The girls in Tobita are, hands down, the prettiest girls you're going to get in all of that prefecture, and you're getting them for (sorry, haven't been in about five or six years) 16k for 20min?? If that's expensive for you, you're going to have to recalibrate your expectations. Otherwise, you could try your luck at the other suburban shinchi blocks like Matsushima or Takii, and they might be slightly cheaper for twice the time and better service but the women there will probably be twice the age and probably a bit heftier.

Contrast that with Tokyo, where you can wander into any number of locations and get 1-man FS with a 20-something Chinese girl any day of the week (although you will need to learn basic Japanese), and if you've got the scratch and language ability then the sky's the limit. There is no reason to live, work or play in Osaka/Kansai.

I generally agree everything our resident Osaka loving expert said but sadly the closure of the borders stopped also the twenty-something Chinese girls and now that 1-man gets you provider who is ten years older.

And also Spa World is showing its age and is nowadays nothing to write home about.

Reactions: da2369 and Keihan
Nonsense. IIRC, I used to jump on the Thunderbird at JR Kyoto and be back at Osaka station in less than 15 minutes. From there, any number of express JR trains or the Midousuji will have him at Tennoji station in another 15 minutes, tops. Besides, even two hours really isn't that far to travel for a pretty girl to spread her legs for you.
touché

Seriously, dude...it's not worthwhile scouring Kyoto for decent P4P. Even back in my day, years ago when I worked nearby, there were a number of small, hole-in-the-wall FS joints around Shijo that would take foreigners (who spoke Japanese) but the girls were mediocre at best and it was more expensive than the Osaka districts like Juso, which was a major FS district but starting about ten years ago the shops began closing or refusing gaijin. And while Kyoto generally has less yak activity, the Kobe-based Yamaguchi Gumi still has a major presence in Osaka (one of the underbosses lived across the street from me) and the geisha houses in Gion is where upper leadership like to have their fancy lunches. You do NOT want to accidentally stumble upon one of those joints thinking it has P4P potential, bust in muttering unintelligible garbage while grabbing your dick and ruin lunch for the bosses, unless you want to find yourself getting the shit kicked out of you in an alley behind the restaurant.

Today, you are not going to find hotter girls, lower prices and more ease of use and potential acceptance of (white) foreigners than in Tobita Shinchi. That goes for all of Kansai. Do a search here on TAG for intel and instructions and act accordingly. Afterwards, I highly recommend hoofing it over to Spa World to wash off the evidence and bacterial/viral material from Tobita and if you've still got cash left, get a nice akasuri from a non-P4P Korean lady (yes, they do exist). If you still have cash left, it wouldn't be a waste of time to walk back to Tennoji Station and go to the top-floor observatory of Abeno Harukas to crack a few beers at the beer garden. In years past--if you had a super telephoto lens camera-- you could snap pictures of all the naked women at the Spa World rotenburo from up there, but about five years ago those fucking prudes put up screens so those visiting Harukas couldn't watch all the women bathe.

You didn't do yourself any favors by choosing Kyoto/Kansai. The ONLY reasons I ever go back are to 1) visit friends trapped there for life (wives/kids), 2) go to Spa World and then 3) take a walk through my old neighborhood and revel in the absolute glory and joy that I don't live there anymore.
need to know where these good akasuris are. i’m down the street from korea town.

And also Spa World is showing its age and is nowadays nothing to write home about.
Now that borders on blasphemy. Where else in the modern world can I lie publicly pool/rotenburo-side in a puddle of my own urine, drunk and moaning, while pretty young girls from the massage shop have to scurry by and behold all three, pulsating inches of my Republican glory, basking in the March afternoon sun and inviting them to Make America Great Again??

Now that borders on blasphemy. Where else in the modern world can I lie publicly pool/rotenburo-side in a puddle of my own urine, drunk and moaning, while pretty young girls from the massage shop have to scurry by and behold all three, pulsating inches of my Republican glory, basking in the March afternoon sun and inviting them to Make America Great Again??
Spa World has mixed onsens?

Spa World has mixed onsens?

No, but inside the alternating gender-separated 4th Floor (Europe) and 6th floor (Asia) there are este-type shops staffed by young, attractive females. I've never bothered paying the ridiculous prices for what amounts to make-up service and not sure why you'd have one on the men's floor, but they're located on and inside the onsen floor so the staff girls coming and leaving the shop have to walk past hundreds of naked, leering pervert men. And this being Osaka, the classless shitbags are quite vocal with their opinions on the girls. That said, the girls certainly look and act like they belong working in a standard P4P establishment (tons of make-up, sly grins, eyelashes batting), so the lewd comments (or me passed out drunk and spread-eagle in the beach chairs) probably doesn't even phase them.

If I was obviously gaijin then of course I wouldn't behave in such a manner, but since I pass for a true Cousin of Tojo and it's Osaka, it's quite liberating to have absolutely no shame for a few hours. If you're going to check it out, pro tip from Keihan: Load up on standard Asahi tallboys at the nearby Lawson's or DQ, as the food/beer prices inside are quite high, especially the Asahi on tap in the lounge. There's a vending machine on 3F (in 2020, anyway) that sells Asahi tallboys but they cost something like 540 yen. Nobody checks your bags when you enter so in-between sessions at the lounge bar I'll go back to the lockers and have my own sly version of a booster shot. If anyone asks, which they won't, I bought it on 3F.

At the end of the day, if you're in Osaka you're in the slums. Act accordingly and enjoy it.

the staff girls coming and leaving the shop have to walk past hundreds of naked, leering pervert men.
Not really unique though; quite a few onsens and even some local bathhouses out in the inaka have a massage/akasuri room in the men's bath area.
Usually women staff are in the bath anyway, doing cleaning and restocking of soap/shampoo, etc. Can't say that many of them are really attractive.

You forgot your automatic rifle, glazed doughnut hamburger, and motorized riding shopping cart..

Also, three inches is a fucking horsecock, man. You’ve got both Houston and Seattle combined beat with that Godzilla machine.