Hey hey from Kyoto

Not really unique though; quite a few onsens and even some local bathhouses out in the inaka have a massage/akasuri room in the men's bath area.
Usually women staff are in the bath anyway, doing cleaning and restocking of soap/shampoo, etc. Can't say that many of them are really attractive.

No no, seriously...there are two separate types of shops on each bathing floor. You've got the standard akasuri room where you can get a legit scrub, massage, shampoo, etc., and it's manned entirely by middle-aged Korean ladies. The entrance is wide open and there are huge windows on the front so you can see exactly what's going on inside and you're not in for any surprises. Then, Spa World built this other type of shop in the middle of the floor that looks almost exactly any garden variety "men's este" HE joint you'd see in Okachimachi or Ueno. Doors are closed, all windows blocked by curtains so you can't see anything inside.

They even call it "HEAVENLY." Next to the front door is a huge sign with pictures of all the therapists--all young, attractive females. I'm guessing the purpose is to basically dupe idiots into thinking they might get more than just the massage? And who knows, maybe the girls do offer more than the advertised service? I've never bothered walking in. But the "therapists" are, indeed, all younger (20s to 30s) relatively attractive girls in tight black outfits, and they're often seen walking to and from the shop amongst all the naked men. Advertising, I suppose.

OP, another pointer I just remembered, unless you enjoy the occasional putt from the rough...I would avoid going there late at night, and not just because there's a penalty fee for staying past midnight and into the next day. When I was living in Osaka, Spa World was always an afternoon or early evening thing for me on a Saturday or Sunday, before heading back to meet up with the gang. But on a number of occasions over the years where I fly back into KIX for a vacation, stay in Tennoji and hit Spa World later in the evening after checking in at the hotel, I've noticed it's apparently a popular destination for gay men looking to hook up. They obviously don't realize I'm a gaijin and take me for Japanese so it's even surer that the behavior means something--furtive glances, making direct eye contact and holding it, guys following you from bath to bath. Sure, I'm very flattered as they say gay men have the best taste (although it could be my obviously pain-free equipment caliber) but I also enjoy getting sloppy drunk at SW and wouldn't want to black out in the resting room and end up face down with my asshole bleeding like a virgin on prom night.

That said, the girls certainly look and act like they belong working in a standard P4P establishment (tons of make-up, sly grins, eyelashes batting)

My one and only time visiting there were no signs of any female under the age of 40. Not that I would mind that so much, but all of them looked like the cleaning ladies in Tokyo station toilets.

Reactions: PijusMagnificus
wouldn't want to black out in the resting room and end up face down with my asshole bleeding like a virgin on prom night.

It is much more enjoyable to stay awake and enjoy the ride you mean?

And if your distant cousins are what the rumours tell there might be some tears but no blood, right?

Reactions: Keihan and just4fun
need to know where these good akasuris are. i’m down the street from korea town.

Does this mean you're down the street from Tsuruhashi? If so, I'd recommend you check out Nobeha No Yu. I've never been there and I believe it opened after my time, but I've read very good reviews on it. Most say it's like a smaller, quieter, cleaner and classier version of Spa World. And it's staffed by actual Koreans (probably Zainichi, as this is Tsuruhashi) so the akasuri service is probably very good. It's also relatively inexpensive. If and when I suck it up and go back to Osaka to see friends I'm definitely planning to check it out before dinner one night.

The other plus side is that it was apparently very popular with Korean tourists. Since reopening is upon us, I'd say there's a fair chance you could meet a Korean girl or two in Osaka on vacation with a hankering for some vacay ding-a-ling. Years back before the pandemic (and when I was still a bachelor) the Abeno area, particularly around Imamiya, was teeming with younger Asian tourists due to the abundance of cheaper boutique type hotels with "international" type bar counters for travelers to congregate at. There were always tons of young guys and girls traveling from Korea, HK, Singapore, etc., and of course everyone would just default to English so we could all communicate. Most of the guys had just come from Tobita, so hooking up wasn't necessarily Priority #1. And me being the Asian AMERICAN oddity looking like an Oriental extra from Brokeback Mountain in my cowboy boots, Levi 501s and leather jacket, definitely piqued more than one chubby Taiwanese/Thai girl's interest. Yes, some of the most reprehensible, abominable sexual encounters I've ever had were in that area.

It is much more enjoyable to stay awake and enjoy the ride you mean?

And if your distant cousins are what the rumours tell there might be some tears but no blood, right?

I suppose if I drink enough those might be tears of joy.

Reactions: MikeH
I suppose if I drink enough those might be tears of joy.

Hey, you do not need to fake it here, we are amongst friends. I mean after you publicly drooled after Miran we all know you would love it.

Which makes my goal to get to her before you can and then brag about it every day in here.

Reactions: Keihan
Does this mean you're down the street from Tsuruhashi? If so, I'd recommend you check out Nobeha No Yu. I've never been there and I believe it opened after my time, but I've read very good reviews on it. Most say it's like a smaller, quieter, cleaner and classier version of Spa World. And it's staffed by actual Koreans (probably Zainichi, as this is Tsuruhashi) so the akasuri service is probably very good. It's also relatively inexpensive. If and when I suck it up and go back to Osaka to see friends I'm definitely planning to check it out before dinner one night.

The other plus side is that it was apparently very popular with Korean tourists. Since reopening is upon us, I'd say there's a fair chance you could meet a Korean girl or two in Osaka on vacation with a hankering for some vacay ding-a-ling. Years back before the pandemic (and when I was still a bachelor) the Abeno area, particularly around Imamiya, was teeming with younger Asian tourists due to the abundance of cheaper boutique type hotels with "international" type bar counters for travelers to congregate at. There were always tons of young guys and girls traveling from Korea, HK, Singapore, etc., and of course everyone would just default to English so we could all communicate. Most of the guys had just come from Tobita, so hooking up wasn't necessarily Priority #1. And me being the Asian AMERICAN oddity looking like an Oriental extra from Brokeback Mountain in my cowboy boots, Levi 501s and leather jacket, definitely piqued more than one chubby Taiwanese/Thai girl's interest. Yes, some of the most reprehensible, abominable sexual encounters I've ever had were in that area.
yup. right down from imazato shinchi. please hit me up when you’re in osaka next!

Reactions: da2369