How can you distinguish massage parlors?

Correct. Providing sexual services of any kind requires a license under the adult entertainment law.

Ummm.... yeah. They totally do.

Seriously though, they have no legal requirement to do so. And if there's no legal requirement, don't be expecting it. Shops that perform regular checks are the exception, not the norm.

Not licensed - this is why they had a hiatus from assisted showers a while back.

Remember the Shinbashi location that the AF group used to have? Shut down because the cops busted them giving handjobs.

A couple of my favourite places are Chinese. Don't write 'em off :)

Thanks for all of the clarifications. I try to deal with only licensed places now and just pay the extra that it costs. These days I'm not looking for FS that much and if I am I just pay and go to a reputable soap.

What I really, really miss are the unlicensed Korean akasuri and hot towel places that used to be all over the place, especially in Okachimachi, Nippori, Otsuka, Kamata, etc. Ever since relations with Korea soured those places have more or less vanished. Too bad about that.

I think there is a lot of research you can do to narrow down if a shop will do any kind of extras.
First of all, skimpy outfit girls on the website is a good sign. No guy therapists. Pictures of the women, usually only 1-2 staff working. If they state on the site its not fuzuoku then chance is not good. If the booths are only separated by curtain or not curtain I skip. High walls with curtain is better sign. The sign out front can be a good lead. Generally they show some thai or chinese ladies with cursive writing or use words like "sakura" "dragon" etc. in pink/gold letters.

Some might disagree, but if it has the above but uses the word "メンズエステ" I will generally avoid as you fall in the trap of no touching/cumming allowed.
Generally you pick aroma + oil course w/ shower. Go for 60~90 minutes courses min. more time is better. Even ask what is recommended course. Usually price is higher than legit places that have middle aged men who are actual doctors/licensed masseuses.

Line up all those points as much as you can, and then just go in and try. You can get a feel for how things are. If the lady lets you touch her or not is a sign. Or where she massages. No legit massage will touch your cock/balls for example, but they might tease you a bit. You can work that in, on the flip have a boner and gauge reaction. Some places will let you jerk off, but they wont touch, or they may just be like "you cant do that here". That's better than nothing. Do that attempt, and if it fails then its whatever you get a nice massage and jerk off after elsewhere. Generally this has lead me to more good experiences than bad, and its kind of fun to discover how frisky you can get with the ladies.

Also some of these ladies are just bored af, maybe even lonely. If you can get a good conversation going and get even a thin connection, they will be more receptive. If you just want a handly or a bj, then honestly the best bang for buck is not massage, go to ona-kura. Its all action no bs, same level of erotic play and can be more affordable if you skip on the options. Also like massage ladies, you can talk them into some free options if you're nice to them and converse. I've been able to talk ladies to taking top off for free (I've gotten FS from one lady, but not saying where since they still work there) when ordering fully clothed course for example. Never push strong but just ask and they might if they like you.

Last edited: