Ikebukuro & Shinjuku Soapland Resource Thread

Danbo

Contributor License
Reaction score
header_soap.png

I am personally not an expert when it comes to the soaplands located in these parts of Tokyo, but I decided to write down a list to complete the ones we have for Yoshiwara, Kawasaki and Yokohama. Most shops located in Ikebukuro and Shinjuku are accessible for foreigners, the downside is that the majority charges Non-Japanese customers extra, and because they are located in the centre of Tokyo they are a lot more cramped than their counterparts further away.

ikebukuro.jpg

Ikebukuro_map.jpg

[Soaplands on Google Maps]

shinjuku.jpg

Shinjuku_map.jpg

[Soaplands on Google Maps]

Notes:
  • ❓unconfirmed
    No information available about the shop’s stance on foreigners.

• ❌ no good / ⚠️depends / ✅ confirmed
    This means I or another TAG member visited the shop or was refused entry at the door. I kept the icons similar to the other resource threads to differentiate the ease of access. I am not sure if nationality is an issue like it is at soaplands. If somebody has some personal experiences, please share.
    ENG / BJ / AJ refers to English / Basic Japanese / Advanced Japanese

• Group
    In this column, I have listed the soap group the shop belongs to, should they have one.

• Link/Review
    Links to the official website and reviews written about the shop on TAG.

• Cost (Cheapest)
    Every shop offers different course lenghts and often varying rates depending on the time of day. Since it is impossible to list all information in this spreadsheet I decided to just list the cheapest option available. I think this tells the best way if the shop is a budget soap or aimed more towards high end customers.

• 🟡 Gaijin Tax
    Information if the shop charges foreigners extra and the amount.

• Update
    This is the last time a review was uploaded about the shop or a member got new information at the shop itself.
Thanks to @requiemmorrow for kicking off the Kawasaki Soapland Resource Thread with an easy to read layout. Copied most of it to keep the forums content visually consistent.

Last edited:
Had a bit of free time on my hands today and decided to create a last Resource Thread for Ikebukuro and Shinjuku to wrap it all up. Yoshiwara, Yokohama and Kawasaki are already covered and this part of town is the last one with a decent amount of shops and no proper list so far. I still have to add links to the reviews and update some information about gaijin tax, but the foundation is done.

Hehe, I personally spend most of my time in this part of town, but when it comes to the soaplands I have seen very few from the inside. Their lineups of girls in combination with often high gaijin taxes never interested me that much.

If a shop is missing or you have additional information, just post in this thread or write me a DM.

Had a bit of free time on my hands today and decided to create a last Resource Thread for Ikebukuro and Shinjuku to wrap it all up. Yoshiwara, Yokohama and Kawasaki are already covered and this part of town is the last one with a decent amount of shops and no proper list so far. I still have to add links to the reviews and update some information about gaijin tax, but the foundation is done.

Hehe, I personally spend most of my time in this part of town, but when it comes to the soaplands I have seen very few from the inside. Their lineups of girls in combination with often high gaijin taxes never interested me that much.

If a shop is missing or you have additional information, just post in this thread or write me a DM.
Thanks! I'm looking to explore Shinjuku when I fly to tokyo in a few weeks :) Will be able to provide some reviews of my own

Reactions: Alice and Danbo
Just a suggestion, but maybe a different thread for each area?

Reactions: Danbo
There are so many great reasonably priced hotel health shops in Ikebukuro that don’t charge gaijin tax if you speak Japanese that I’ve never even thought to go to a soap if I’m playing there.

Great to have the info, though, thanks!

Awa no Dendoshi is ok if you speak japanese without additionnal tax, but I dont know for english only.

Reactions: Danbo
There are so many great reasonably priced hotel health shops in Ikebukuro that don’t charge gaijin tax if you speak Japanese that I’ve never even thought to go to a soap if I’m playing there.

Great to have the info, though, thanks!
I remember reading about how Ikebukuro and Shinjuku (Kabukicho) are two big red light districts in Japan only to be disappointed that it's mostly health shops

Reactions: Alice
Include time for cheapest course.

Don't make unused cells visible, stops us from scrolling down and sideways.
Thanks! Changed the cell problem, will add the course length when I find time.

Just a suggestion, but maybe a different thread for each area?
There are so few shops in Shinjuku that it seemed too much to create a separate thread for them. Ikebukuro and Shinjuku soaplands are in general not that popular because of the cost/value.

It definitely is but it isn't a soapland.
"Awa no Dendoshi" in Ikebukuro is listed as a soapland on Cityheaven and there is also a review on TAG that includes sex. So it seems it is

I shouldn't pretend I know Yamanotelines most unlikeable area.

Hehe, I think you still have been in more soaplands in this area than me....I am writing this list with very little first-hand knowledge 🤣

Reactions: Cinnabums
Some interesting names there! Would be interested to go to a few, but as a EN only gaijin (Asian looking) I’ll probably not make a few steps in.

Added course time to the pricing...was really a bit misleading without it.
Lol, while checking the websites I notices that Don Juan also raised it's Gaijin Tax....it is now at 20k. It's really worrisome how many shops went past the already nasty 10k within the last year.

@Danbo

Feel free to use these as you see fit.

View attachment 24242
Thanks a lot for the maps. Good to have a better overview of the areas.
I find these Japanese maps always a bit hard to read...if I find some time I'll do an overlay of the information provided to a simpler design to make it easier to understand.

Wouldn’t it be easier to create a list of pins on google maps And share them? That’s what I do to save them.

Heard, deleted them accordingly.
Haha, not so fast. I think they were really helpful ....and I am not sure how much work it is to come up with something simpler to navigate and it will take time :(

Wouldn’t it be easier to create a list of pins on google maps And share them? That’s what I do to save them.
I'll try to read into that...never created a shared google map. Seems like it can't be embedded into this forum directly, but screenshot + link could work.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbo22
I tried sharing mine before realising it exposes my name LMAO, if anyone wants to do it and share here, do make sure you have an alt account to do it on

Reactions: bobbo22
Since embedding doesn't work properly I just stuck to an image based map and added numbering to the sheet for Ikebukuro. Maybe I have time to do it for Shinjuku as well this evening.

Reactions: R3mmles
Back in May 2023. I was able to get into Spa Kadoebi with English. Granted it was early in the morning and during Golden Week.

Reactions: Alice and Danbo