Ikebukuro & Shinjuku Soapland Resource Thread

...also added the Google Maps link for convenience since it was used for the creation of the JPG maps anyway.

Reactions: Cinnabums
I saw Tohri has a discount in the morning times so called them to see what they think about foreigners etc - seems like as far as foreigners go you can't make reservations, and there's a 10k gaijin tax

Reactions: Danbo
I saw Tohri has a discount in the morning times so called them to see what they think about foreigners etc - seems like as far as foreigners go you can't make reservations, and there's a 10k gaijin tax
Well, settles it, anyone who goes there is brain amputated!

Reactions: MikeH
Thanks a lot for the info. Will add it too the list....seems the center of Tokyo is an even worse address to look for fair shops than Yoshiwara 😅

• Sad
Reactions: omp and Cinnabums
Maybe I just have this perception because of how many stores they have, but is Marine Blue like the Walmart/McDonalds of soaplands? As in not to expect great service, but you’ll leave satisfied enough in the end

Reactions: Alice
Maybe I just have this perception because of how many stores they have, but is Marine Blue like the Walmart/McDonalds of soaplands? As in not to expect great service, but you’ll leave satisfied enough in the end

If you look at the list, Kadoebi Group owns even more soaplands in Ikebukuro/Shinjuku.
They seem to be rather foreigner friendly, but all with pretty high foreigner tax. Not interest in paying them a visit to test them myself 😟

Reactions: Maxblack and Alice
If you look at the list, Kadoebi Group owns even more soaplands in Ikebukuro/Shinjuku.
They seem to be rather foreigner friendly, but all with pretty high foreigner tax. Not interest in paying them a visit to test them myself 😟
Yeah, the Kadoebi owner is called the soapland king, lol.

They don’t seem to be getting many reviews here indeed.

Shinjuku Talent, price raise April 1.

kaitei.jpg

Reactions: Alice and Danbo
Depends entirely on the girl. My absolute favorite is there and she beats the best I’ve had at Yoshiwara.

Yeah, the Kadoebi owner is called the soapland king, lol.

They don’t seem to be getting many reviews here indeed.
I saw one girl at Kadoebi in Shinjuku. Think I wrote a review; totally legit but zero warm and fuzzy gfe.she was hot and it was fine but Would not repeat.

Looking at the Ikebukuro and Shinjuku scene for soaplands again... I'd like to apologize to Yoshiwara. At least Yoshiwara has soaps that don't have horrendous gaijin tax. At least the healths are usually good, as long as you can get in

Lounge Yoki allows foreigners, though I don't know the minimum Japanese is required. I'm conversationally fluent and didn't get any pushback about being a foreigner.

I still find it odd they don't charge a foreigner tax even though all their other shops in the other areas do.

Reactions: Alice and Danbo
RIP, guess I'm not going there anymore. Lol. Shame cuz it has two of my favorite providers

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
I saw this on twitter, Barubola foreigner tax increasing. 20k I guess if the 10k on the main post chart is accurate, wild.

I will change it accordingly. Shinjuku was shitty beforehand but this raises it to a new level.

The shop only splits it 50/50 with the girl it seems, so just pure greed.

I guess Don Juan getting away with their 20k might be why Barubola thought it'd be okay to raise to match?

Last edited:
No shortage of tourists with more money than sense walking around in Kabuchiko. With the yen being as weak as it is, a lot of tourists will fork it over.

Unfortunately the only girl I saw there left a long time ago and I never reserved with a phone number so I don't think that's an option for me xD
Just left Bijinlab, paid a healthy 0 yen extra as a foreigner. Could even use two different types of discount.

I'm aware there are a lot of other no gaijin tax shops, too, ofc. Barubola just makes me sad because it's the shop I've been to the most and I even have two pending reviews praising the damn place.