Immature Unsaid Competition Among Minorities In Japan?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
There is a large number of Myanmar refugees here in Shizuoka City. About 4 months ago, I ate at this local Myanmar restaurant and had a decent meal. The owner was an older man from Myanmar and he seemed polite.

While at the restaurant, my wife overheard him speaking in Japanese with his sponsor. She told me that the restaurant owner uses his Japanese sponsor to bring tons of Myanmar refugees to Japan.

Just today I was riding my bike passed a large group of younger refugees and they literally all bursted out laughing really loud too. It was one of those situations where you know the group was laughing at you.

What pissed me off most is that in small groups they are not rude and even seem friendly. It isn't until they are in large groups, that they turn into pricks.

Has anyone on here ever been laughed at by a group of loitering minorities here in Japan (Filipinos, Brazilians, Chinese, etc.)?

How come everywhere you go people are laughing at you, talking shit about you, turning their back on you etc etc etc

I think you have a mental problem man! you are seeing shit that's not actually happening.

How can seeing and hearing like 12 people look and loudly laugh at me as I ride by them really closely be a hallucination? This definitely happened today. I might have to confront them about it next time.

Do Chavers, Just4Fun, and MossBoss count?

Mr. Shavers definitely counts. I asked him if we could squash whatever beef we had, but he was indeed too small of a person to do so. I'm expecting Meiji to come after me again for speaking the truth.

Reactions: just4fun
Mr. Shavers definitely counts. I asked him if we could squash whatever beef we had, but he was indeed too small of a person to do so. I'm expecting Meiji to come after me again for speaking the truth.

Chavers doesn't have a 'beef' with you. He gives EVERYONE shit. And just like with Chavers, you can't take what other people do personally.

The general problem with being a white guy in Japan - the cultural and language differences confuse them, so they tend to either get overly paranoid in public situations, or ascribe negative attitudes towards those around them because they don't get why those people do what they do. I certainly wasn't immune, but I at least try to figure that stuff out instead of writing other people off. Additionally, and this is a big one, most white guys have never experienced being a minority before.

Chavers doesn't have a 'beef' with you. He gives EVERYONE shit. And just like with Chavers, you can't take what other people do personally.

The general problem with being a white guy in Japan - the cultural and language differences confuse them, so they tend to either get overly paranoid in public situations, or ascribe negative attitudes towards those around them because they don't get why those people do what they do. I certainly wasn't immune, but I at least try to figure that stuff out instead of writing other people off. Additionally, and this is a big one, most white guys have never experienced being a minority before.

Well, I understand that most white guys have never experienced being a minority, but I sure have. Not only have I lived in China for almost 4 years, I was raised in southern California. There are more Hispanics there than whites.

I'm not taking Mr. Shavers personally. I don't even take him seriously. He certainly does give everyone shit, because he is just a troll with no interesting content of his own.

As for the minorities here, I noticed they don't seem to have the balls to laugh in your face or talk shit unless they are in a huge group. It doesn't make sense to me why refugees from a shithole like Myanmar would go through the trouble to escape to Japan and then act like total cunts to the people living in the country they escaped to? If I pick a fight with one of them and the police arrest us both, they might be booted right back to shithole Myanmar. Their behavior just makes no sense to me.

I know that I have seemed paranoid in my previous posts, but the things I'm seeing are not hallucinations, neither visually or audibly. I was riding by on my bike and they all literally stopped talking with each other mid conversation and their eyes all followed me on my bike as I passed. Then they all started laughing out loud at the same time and one guy even pointed at me. It takes a special kind of asshole to try and say they weren't laughing at me in a situation like this. I will just have to ask one or two what is so goddamn funny next time I see them walking alone.

Last edited:
People seem to laugh at you while you are riding your bike a lot. do you ride around like Pee Wee Herman or something? Like why do you get singled out from the many thousands of others who ride bikes?

I don't ride my bicycle any different than anyone else. I don't smell. I have great hygeine and I don't dress particularly strange, so I'm quite puzzled and frustrated about the matter. I don't only get singled out on my bike though. This crap happens when I'm walking around too. My wife and other Asian women I have dated have told me I'm super handsome and too white? Yet, I doubt a bunch of guys from Myanmar were laughing at me because "I'm handsome". It is more likely that they are just trying to start some shit or make themselves feel better because their lives suck.

Well Burma people will be Burma people. If somebody points at the random foreign guy let them. I don't know if people are trying to "start shit" the world generally isn't always looking for a fight they do make fun of things often though. Just get on with your own life and ignore random people and what they might think. You don't need to please anybody.

this is a big one, most white guys have never experienced being a minority before.

Too true for words imo. Perhaps this does not apply to you, @TokyoJoeblow, but it sure does to a lot of visitors from the west. A wise friend of mine once said that Japan does a great service by being the only place in the First World where white people can experience for themselves what it is like to be on the receiving end of racial discrimination. The strength of the reactions a lot of Caucasians have to even minor and fundamentally harmless incidents of discrimination is clear evidence, imo, of how rare (perhaps even unique) an experience it has been in their lives previously.

-Ww

Last edited:
Was staying quiet at all before seeing this post. Shouldn't generalize "Burmese" or definitely not use shithole. Why do you say Myanmar is a shithole? Ever been there before? Do you imply if some leave their native place for different reasons, that place is a shithole? I have never heard anyone saying California is a shithole.

most white guys have never experienced being a minority, but I sure have...I was raised in southern California. There are more Hispanics there than whites.

Life as a minority is more than looking around and seeing lots of people who don't look like you. There are vast swaths of the South where African-Americans are a majority, and I can guarantee you that life isn't peachy for them and they're not on top of the social hierarchy. You have some serious victim mentality.

You would get way more love on Gaijinpot, fucked gaijin, metropolis, or Japan today forums.

You would get way more love on Gaijinpot, fucked gaijin, metropolis, or Japan today forums.

FALSE: I was forever IP banned from Gaijinpot

I have posted on fuckedgaijin, but I will have to look into it more.

Well, as a person who doesn't post any original or interesting material, I can understand what you mean.

People who lack an imagination like you, usually can't imagine much.

Did you just want to confirm that it was all imagination only?;)

And as for Myanmar ... just google it a bit. I have a hard time to come up with anything in California just close as beautiful. I would rather describe it a gem ...

You really need to find a way to relax yourself some more.

Did you just want to confirm that it was all imagination only?;)

And as for Myanmar ... just google it a bit. I have a hard time to come up with anything in California just close as beautiful. I would rather describe it a gem ...

You really need to find a way to relax yourself some more.

Umm...I have not only been to Myanmar before but I have been to Cambodia, Laos and Thailand as well.

The redwood forests and mountains of California are more beautiful than what I saw in Myanmar. It is all a matter of opinion though. I would have to say, I have enjoyed the nature more here in Japan and China as well.

There is a large number of Myanmar refugees here in Shizuoka City. About 4 months ago, I ate at this local Myanmar restaurant and had a decent meal. The owner was an older man from Myanmar and he seemed polite.

While at the restaurant, my wife overheard him speaking in Japanese with his sponsor. She told me that the restaurant owner uses his Japanese sponsor to bring tons of Myanmar refugees to Japan.

Just today I was riding my bike passed a large group of younger refugees and they literally all bursted out laughing really loud too. It was one of those situations where you know the group was laughing at you.

What pissed me off most is that in small groups they are not rude and even seem friendly. It isn't until they are in large groups, that they turn into pricks.

Has anyone on here ever been laughed at by a group of loitering minorities here in Japan (Filipinos, Brazilians, Chinese, etc.)?

You're not paranoid at all and it's not just the refusejees.

Could have been anything

1. That guys riding around in the middle of the day without a suit. Must be a tourist. What kind of tourist does that? HAHAHA. Real tourists spend time at restaurants like me. I am big man look at me, I'm in Japan.
2. That guys riding around in the middle of the day without a suit. Must be a loser. What kind of real man does that? HAHAHA. Real men work and make money all day, not ride around. I am big man look at me, I'm in Japan.
3. I'm a real man. I have a career (shoveling shit). He's not a real man. What kind of man wouldn't spend all day working and laughing at other people not in his group?
4. Look at the strange man. He has one hair out of place. Not like me. I am big man. I come from Myanmar/Korea/Japan/China.
5. etc etc

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow