Guest viewing is limited

Jan Jan (PS) Jan Jan: not any more foreigners friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem very combative. You don’t appear to know how to communicate with Japanese people. You received a ‘no’ and then badgered them and received more ‘no’s’.

I totally understand why gaijins are banned from so many places. If I was Japanese I wouldn’t bother trying to accommodate foreigners either. By accommodating foreigners, the Japanese just put themselves in the situation where sooner or later they will be confronted by someone who is entitled. Not worth the aggravation, is it?

Agreed

You seem very combative. You don’t appear to know how to communicate with Japanese people. You received a ‘no’ and then badgered them and received more ‘no’s’.

I totally understand why gaijins are banned from so many places. If I was Japanese I wouldn’t bother trying to accommodate foreigners either. By accommodating foreigners, the Japanese just put themselves in the situation where sooner or later they will be confronted by someone who is entitled. Not worth the aggravation, is it?
Well said.

Also they were not refusing shimei directly, but by asking me which girl I wanted, then that she was not here, then when I asked who was here (or when) that nobody from the website was here, and then to any other question by "nai" and that's it.
So, I would have appreciated being told "you cannot have shimei" clearly.

Sounds like they just didnt like you.

Well, actually I don't care (I'm not interested anymore in fuzoku after that), but you seem to not yet understand what I mean exactly:
they did not say "no" to shimei, they said no to one girl, and then they said no to "Who are available, or when?"
It would be just like you ask me "So, how was your trip in Sydney?" and I reply to you "Nooo!". :(

Naitte just means « i say no » right?
Ok it may not be the most polite way to say it but I suppose a place like Jan-Jan is not expected to have ckerks speaking like at the reception of a posh hotel

Last edited:
I was not caring so much, I was pissed off by they way they were speaking to me and their dishonesty...
Like I said in the previous post, "So, what do you prefer to eat at our date today evening?" and the reply "Nooooo!"...

Also, I would not have "insisted" if I had understood at first. I was genuinely puzzled by they answer.
If they had told me that the shimei was not available for first-comer foreigners, maybe I would have just accepted it and bought the 3000 yen course.

Last edited:
I was treated like shit and I just made a bad review to reflect that. That's it.
Other people have other experiences, the better for them!
At the end of the day it's the sum of the reviews that matters, and JanJan still have good ones, so I'm not worried for them.
And thanks to this review people *know* for sure that shimei is not available for foreigners, at least first-comers.

Let’s be honest: the places who accept Foreigners and make the appropriate effort like having English etc makes serious money wilth us and I don.t think they regret it.

Jan Jan is just intermediate: they tolerate us (and this is cool, than you) but without bothering too much. We just need to respect their state or move somewhere else if we don’t like it.

Well, what's odd is that I did not ask them English (and they did not use it, neither)... I think that if they had behaved like I was a normal Japanese customer, they would have explained clearly the situation (no shimei) and it would have been fine. Just because of the face is not Japanese, everything is fucked up ^^;

Let’s be honest: the places who accept Foreigners and make the appropriate effort like having English etc makes serious money wilth us and I don.t think they regret it.

Jan Jan is just intermediate: they tolerate us (and this is cool, than you) but without bothering too much. We just need to respect their state or move somewhere else if we don’t like it.

Well, what's odd is that I did not ask them English (and they did not use it, neither)... I think that if they had behaved like I was a normal Japanese customer, they would have explained clearly the situation (no shimei) and it would have been fine. Just because of the face is not Japanese, everything is fucked up ^^;

You know that old saying.... if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you run into a lot of assholes.

That's not true, and that was pretty gratuitous lol ^^;
It's my first bad experience in a fuzoku shop...
I had very few fuzoku experiences before, I'm pretty much discovering.
I have only very good interactions in the Japanese society, and since many years. I do not feel like an asshole, and I do not meet assholes either.

You know that old saying.... if you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole.

If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that you run into a lot of assholes.

but you seem to not yet understand what I mean exactly:
they did not say "no" to shimei, they said no to one girl, and then they said no to "Who are available, or when?"
It would be just like you ask me "So, how was your trip in Sydney?" and I reply to you "Nooo!". :(

I do understand.
You have a lot to learn.
This is exactly how a japanese service provider (in any industry) treats a foreign client that they have lost patience with and dont like.
Whether the dislke was justified or not we will never know, but Im kinda getting a feeling it may have been.
If you want a blow job and have jan-jan level standards why not book yuriko before she retires?

I kinda doubt that. The places that try to cater just to foreigners are not doing very well. And those places that accept both might lose a part of their Japanese clientele because they allow the unwashed to get in.

And dealing with foreigners is bothersome, as we have seen in this thread too. They refuse to understand the small hints given to them that every local guy would figure out immediately and continue to harass you. :eek::D

We just need to respect their state or move somewhere else if we don’t like it.

If everyone understood this the world would be much better place!

I kinda doubt that. The places that try to cater just to foreigners are not doing very well. And those places that accept both might lose a part of their Japanese clientele because they allow the unwashed to get in.

And dealing with foreigners is bothersome, as we have seen in this thread too. They refuse to understand the small hints given to them that every local guy would figure out immediately and continue to harass you. :eek::D

If everyone understood this the world would be much better place!

I haven’t checked the financial statement of those places ;-) But i feel there is more that are open, or even dedicated to gaijin. So I guess they don’t do it for freer or making less money. And they are usual l' not the cheapest place.

I haven’t checked the financial statement of those places ;-) But i feel there is more that are open, or even dedicated to gaijin. So I guess they don’t do it for freer or making less money. And they are usual l' not the cheapest place.
For the most part, the places that are allowing foreigners in are the places that are struggling already, and are trying to prop up their business by finding a new revenue stream. It’s no coincidence that many of them go out of business, despite the increase in target market - many of them find that they lose a significant chunk of their Japanese clientele.

I literally typed in "Jan Jan Sugamo, Tokyo" into google maps and it popped right up with the description "adult entertainment club".

Now to delete my search history...

I noticed that a lot of establishments on google fit into the description "Adult Entertainment Club" but they often seem to vary in the type of adult entertainment they provide. If the particular place doesn't have a website listed, the only way to find out is to call or go there in person, which can be awkward peeking into a place just to verify what type of place it is haha.

I found that some are Pink Salon, while others are only Kyabakura. Soaplands and delivery health are usually specifically described as such on google, but maybe sometimes these types of places are listed as adult entertainment as well.

For the most part, the places that are allowing foreigners in are the places that are struggling already, and are trying to prop up their business by finding a new revenue stream. It’s no coincidence that many of them go out of business, despite the increase in target market - many of them find that they lose a significant chunk of their Japanese clientele.
The one I have been looks prosperous. But it is true I can’t compare with the one that does not allow foreigners!;)

The business model for a fuzoku shop in Japan still aims to maximize the number of repeat clients, which they believe is necessary to retain a good pool of providers with the shop. The client is king and the provider is queen - a fuzoku shop has to serve the both. Unless those fuzoku proprietors are convinced that the effort (having English menu etc.) can increase non-Japanese repeat clients, they won't budge.

To clarify, does Jan-Jan still allow gaijin or not? I'm going to Tokyo in 2 months and I had plans to visit there more than once.

To clarify, does Jan-Jan still allow gaijin or not? I'm going to Tokyo in 2 months and I had plans to visit there more than once.
Its still gaijin freindly. If getting sucked off by a 55 year old that has
a) never been considered attractive by any normal person during their entire life and
b) sucked off 17 men before you that day
Is enticing for you, then go for it xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.