Guest viewing is limited

Japan and (im)modesty

Like anything else in Japan these trends will come and go, but I would venture a guess that a lot of this is pent-up showing-off after over two years of restrictions, hiding at home, avoiding social events, etc. Around here, it wasn't until basically 2023 that people really just stopped giving a shit--even I'm actually going out to social events, gyms, no mask, finally wearing some of my nicer shoes and watches that I hadn't touched since 2020. I've been having to attend graduation events for younger relatives and friends and those kids are definitely going all-out as far as fashion, being flashy and generally just celebrating the return to "normal."

Whenever that finally hits Japan, or if that's what this is, then I'd expect the younger folks to be shaking their asses and showing more skin than they were in 2019.

Interesting topic. I love the modestly dressed girls and there are ways to be sexy and attractive without showing much skin.
This is one of the things that I love about Japan.

I saw a girl yeday with a nice cleavage. I like to stare and have zero remorse about it, but she felt my stare and covered her cleavage with her hand.

To me that shie is funny and stupid at the same time, why wear stare magnet outfit if you gonna get awkward wearing it?

Anyhow, I like Japanese modesty and I hope they keep it. Its imo one of the last countries where people still wanna look dignified.

To me that shie is funny and stupid at the same time, why wear stare magnet outfit if you gonna get awkward wearing it?
Because - imagine - women wear things because they like wearing them and not because they want men to ogle them.

A very hard concept to grasp for a lot of men out there.

Reactions: Maxblack and Danbo
Underneath all that tatemae, do you think Japanese want to be modest in the end?
I lived in Hawaii, and in Waikiki I saw many Japanese flaunt their stuff more than they ever would in Japan. I felt like because they were in America and in a beach town they wanted to be more risqué, wearing tiny bikinis on the street, in stores, and at restaurants. I always thought of it as them wanting to break out of their shell.

Because - imagine - women wear things because they like wearing them and not because they want men to ogle them.

That then also explains why girls always wear full make-up, high heels and coctail dresses when they are alone at home, right?

Sir, I urge you to drive yourself on over to PeopleOfWalmart. Let me just remind anyone who clicks on that link, you're about to see the worst of the worst. (There's an actual PoW site, but it's heavily laden with ads and poor performance overall.)

“It’s OK, she’s mentally ill. It’s society that has the problem, not her. No jail, no mental fac.”

This is why we can’t have nice things, like Japan.

Reactions: Maxblack
This is why we can't have nice things, like Japan.

For once, Japan has Universal Healthcare, so people with mental health issues get treatment and don't typically end up like this.

Braless young women of Europe: Come to Japan!

P.S. Bring cheese.
But hopefully you don’t mean this one Brother..
😳😳😳

IMG_9498.jpeg

well soon or later we will see cleavage during summer.

traditional people aged and eventually replaced by more progressive people.

and it is getting hotter each year.

Going back to the topic, the thing I miss the most about Europe (even more than cheese) is the bra-less young women in summer...
I heard it is ok to be topless in europe?

Reactions: Alice
Going back to the topic, the thing I miss the most about Europe (even more than cheese) is the bra-less young women in summer...
Never felt that much. I prefer the style in Japan, the dresses and cute flower stuff. Makes me more curious. And my algos are strong so I usually can determine bust size well without needing cleavage or "all out" type of dressing.

I did misses western girl's asses when I was in Japan. Also sense for humor and directness. Also not being flaked on after setting up a date.

Seems like bad batch of girls in west was from 1990-2000, these modern ones seem less tattooed. Still pending theory.

Seems like bad batch of girls in west was from 1990-2000, these modern ones seem less tattooed. Still pending theory.

Less? For sure not in Europe. Sure, people got some generic trendy tattoos around 2000, but in the past 10 years tattoos have really taken off and people in general get a LOT more tattooed than ever before.

Reactions: Alice
It does seem gyaru finally made a comeback after having been completely dead for like 5 years and I’m very happy about it.

Like anything else in Japan these trends will come and go, but I would venture a guess that a lot of this is pent-up showing-off after over two years of restrictions, hiding at home, avoiding social events, etc. Around here, it wasn't until basically 2023 that people really just stopped giving a shit--even I'm actually going out to social events, gyms, no mask, finally wearing some of my nicer shoes and watches that I hadn't touched since 2020. I've been having to attend graduation events for younger relatives and friends and those kids are definitely going all-out as far as fashion, being flashy and generally just celebrating the return to "normal."

Whenever that finally hits Japan, or if that's what this is, then I'd expect the younger folks to be shaking their asses and showing more skin than they were in 2019.

For once, Japan has Universal Healthcare, so people with mental health issues get treatment and don't typically end up like this.
Going to a therapist is way more common in the US than in Japan.

Reactions: Maxblack
I love gyarus but this one gyaru I saw at tobita was unfortunately one of the stuck-up ones and my LB got deflated with no chance of resuscitation. She even asked if I wanted to extend? I was like no thank you. It look like she rolled her eyes when I said that.

• Haha
Reactions: Maxblack and Alice