Japanese boobs getting bigger study shows (new study)

Only it's not a study and doesn't really show boobs are getting bigger either.

The short article discusses sales data from one company and immediately jumps farther than Bob Beamon. And the data is just percentages of sales, they don't even provide any indication how the number of lingerie sold within this company has developed.

So there are several perfectly possible explanations for the changes in data. One of them they even admit in the article, girls with bigger boobs might now be buying more lingerie than girls with smaller boobs. It would be even feasible the boyfriends of the girls with bigger chest are so happy with them, and have more money available than before, that they buy those as gifts.

It is also possible smaller girls have started to go without bras more often than before. Or that the company has managed to make popular models in bigger cup sizes but is losing market share on the smaller sizes to some other companies. And how is the cup sizing itself changed? We all know Japanese E is around C in western world nowadays, has it always been so or did the sizes in the earlier data follow more the western sizes than today?

girls with bigger boobs might now be buying more lingerie than girls with smaller boobs

"Lingerie" is a generic product category including bras, not just fancy stuff. Since the possibility of going braless is effectively zero in the Japanese market, we can discount this one immediately.

It is also possible smaller girls have started to go without bras more often than before

See above.

but is losing market share on the smaller sizes to some other companies.

Possible. Triumph is the #1 manufacturer in Japan overall but indeed this could have something to do with reduced sales data in the A cup product segment.

And how is the cup sizing itself changed?

It has not. Cup and band sizing are not subject to vanity sizing or re-standardization like some other categories of women's garments.

However generally your point that this isn't a "study" so much as a breakdown of sales data is correct, but we can take this sales data as an indication of overall bigger boobs since Triumph sells more bras than any other company in Japan.

Since the possibility of going braless is effectively zero in the Japanese market, we can discount this one immediately.

This is incorrect. I know a Japanese female with small cup size who does not wear a bra. She does however use nipple stickies to prevent nipple showing through clothing. So you're assumption that they can't go braless is incorrect.

This is incorrect. I know a Japanese female with small cup size who does not wear a bra. She does however use nipple stickies to prevent nipple showing through clothing. So you're assumption that they can't go braless is incorrect.
The few exceptions don't disprove the rule.

Reactions: just4fun and MikeH
Triumph is the #1 manufacturer in Japan overall

I believe that the Japanese maker Wacoal is the number one with a big margin, something like three times bigger than Triumph.

It has not. Cup and band sizing are not subject to vanity sizing or re-standardization like some other categories of women's garments.

I have no personal experience, at least not yet, as my boobs have still stayed in their place without any support. So I am only relaying on the stories my friends have told me about the trouble to find the right sizes. The claim has been there are no standard sizes thus forcing them to learn every new manufacturer's correct size by fitting.

Well, to me this has merely academic interest as I like all sizes of boobies. And as long as the cub size addition doesn't come with the price of more fat in other places I am cool with it. Though I'll take a slim girl with smaller chest every day over a bigger girl.

Or at least every second day, man needs to have his variety.

Reactions: Lars Lust
something like three times bigger than Triumph.
Perhaps I was wrong and we should wait to hear from Wacol on "three times bigger"

the trouble to find the right sizes. The claim has been there are no standard sizes thus forcing them to learn every new manufacturer's correct size by fitting.

While its true that lots of women here are obviously wearing the wrong size bra, thats more about poor fitting skills by sales assistants combined with most women not actually knowing about a proper fit. Of course the two factors are related.

I like all sizes of boobies

As do I but if this sales data is to be believed, now we fans of boobies have more possible variety to appreciate!

Perhaps I was wrong and we should wait to hear from Wacol on "three times bigger"

This claims the original source to be Nikkei Sangyo. Couldn't find the original article from their free web site though, but my earlier memory that Wacoal and Triumph have around half of the market together and Wacoal is three times bigger seems to be correct.

http://nbakki.hatenablog.com/entry/2015_Womens_Underwear_Market_Share_in_Japan

While its true that lots of women here are obviously wearing the wrong size bra, thats more about poor fitting skills by sales assistants combined with most women not actually knowing about a proper fit.

Then one more explanation could be they now know better and have just started to use better fitting, and bigger, bras than before.

I've met a few too over the years. I don't know anything of statistical significance, but going braless is definitely the sort of thing that could swing quickly in Japan's faddish culture. How many remember the couple of years back there somewhere when young Japanese women on the street were a couple of inches taller than previously or subsequently due to a big fad for rather extreme platform shoes?

-Ww

I am no expert as I wore bra only once in my life at a college theme party, but I found an article (in Japanese) questioning Triumph's result. It says, the volume to be covered by a bra is determined by a cup size and a underbust size, the volume is almost the same for A90, B85, C80, D75, E70, F65, and Triumph's result may just indicate that more girls prefer, say, D75, instead of C80 or B85.

This topic virtually demands an intensive field work survey by TAG volunteers equipped with the latest technological gear plus their hands and mouths! What are we waiting for??

Who is waiting? This has been my major area of study for decades! And I do it purely for the love of science and knowledge; all with my own money with no research funds.

Because knowledge is a sacred thing and we all should thrive to make the world a better place!

Well, to be more specific, time in the squat rack, not time in KFC and McDs.

Well, it was McDonald that helped the Japanese women growing breasts in the nineties. Unintentionally.
McDonalds tried be smart and as cost saving filled their hamburgers with milk to make them look bigger.
However Japanese people do not drink milk at all or not so much, so as a result growth...

McDonald Japan has already been bankrupt since 1999, but manages to keep the doors open.
Japanese people do not like McDonalds, but it is cheap.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Well, it was McDonald that helped the Japanese women growing breasts in the nineties. Unintentionally.
McDonalds tried be smart and as cost saving filled their hamburgers with milk to make them look bigger.
However Japanese people do not drink milk at all or not so much, so as a result growth...

McDonald Japan has already been bankrupt since 1999, but manages to keep the doors open.
So much Citation Needed in one comment!

Respectfully disagree. Body proportions are perfection here.

I don't think drinking milk would make your tits bigger anyway. It would make you fatter overall and maybe make your tits a bit fatter and bigger along the way. Is your theory that since milk comes from tits, drinking milk will make the tits bigger? What about cows? They got that giant tit hanging down and they don't drink any milk at all. They eat grass all day. Maybe if women grazed on grass all day their tits would get bigger. That's my theory.

I've met a few too over the years. I don't know anything of statistical significance, but going braless is definitely the sort of thing that could swing quickly in Japan's faddish culture. How many remember the couple of years back there somewhere when young Japanese women on the street were a couple of inches taller than previously or subsequently due to a big fad for rather extreme platform shoes?

-Ww
If they went bra less you would get some swing.