Japanese Jokes

zer0ed

Norberto
Reaction score
Anyone know any good Japanese jokes that don't translate well into English?

Bonus points if it's p4p related. :)

Anyone know any good Japanese jokes that don't translate well into English?

Bonus points if it's p4p related. :)

Abe? He's both a joke and a whore....

As you may know, I like to use visuals, especially YouTube.

OK, here are a few Japanese jokes with a Canadian connection-in honor of your Canadian connection:

These next two are bad, really bad.

Reactions: zer0ed
Can we please reduce the number of media postings, especially to YouTube? Not everyone can see these...

Sorry, did not realize it is a problem. Is it because they cannot see the link, maybe from a portable device? If that's the situation, I can post the link, as well.

Thank you.

As you may know, I like to use visuals, especially YouTube.

OK, here are a few Japanese jokes with a Canadian connection-in honor of your Canadian connection:
Thanks man! The shouganai one was pretty funny.

Can we please reduce the number of media postings, especially to YouTube? Not everyone can see these...

Why can't people see them? Reigion issues? Reminds me of iOS 3 lol

Sorry, did not realize it is a problem. Is it because they cannot see the link, maybe from a portable device? If that's the situation, I can post the link, as well.

Thank you.

Portable devices and YouTube is blocked in some areas where our readers are from.

Thanks man! The shouganai one was pretty funny.

Why can't people see them? Reigion issues? Reminds me of iOS 3 lol

To add... sometimes theses videos are removed and thus create broken links that we have to go back and clean up once found.

I like japanese sens of humour in some manga but the jokes and the puns of casual japanese people are usually of very low level compared to those of other countries.
and also I met people from many countries and they all have jokes (short funny stories) but Japanese don't have these, I don't know why.

This may not be originally Japanese, but is well shared in some Japanese joke sites.

----
The men in a village invited four female dancers to their social event.

The first dancer performed on the podium. Her performance excited all the men at the venue. They all stood up and applauded. The second dancer performed wearing only her underwear, which excited the men even more. They whistled and applauded for 5 minutes. The third dancer danced topless. All the men were in joy. They couldn’t stop clapping their hands, cheering and whistling over 10 minutes. The fourth dancer performed completely naked. However, the venue suddenly turned silent.

The fourth dancer: “Wait! Why don’t you guys applaud my performance?”

Men: “Well, clapping needs both hands. Right?”

Oh I remember a pretty funny one (Japan related but not necessarily Japanese). It goes:

A German, Russian, Korean and Japanese soldier were being airlifted to safety. While crossing the ocean, their helicopter suddenly ran low on fuel. After throwing out all the excess luggage and weight they were still short. The pilot told them that he can only fly one of the 4 passengers to safety or they would all die.

After a long silence, the German soldier stood up and said "For the pride of my country!" Saluted, and then plunged out of the heli.

Moved by this bravery, the Russian stood up, saluted, and yelled "For the motherland!" and jumped.

At this point the Japanese and Korean soldiers were both moved to tears and were at a loss of what to do. Finally, the Japanese soldier stood up, saluted and yelled "Banzai!" and then pushed the Korean soldier off the helicopter.

Reactions: Ken1988
Sadly, Japanese TV "comedy" makes The Three Stooges look like the apex of sophistication.

Wait... you mean the Three Stooges ISN'T sophisticated? Why I oughtta....

Thanks! Three months of 24/7 monitored Internet was no fun at all....

Can you say who you were working for and/or where? I'd like to avoid it!

In any case, I hope you have come back with bundles of cash to make up for the net deprivations.

-Ww

Can you say who you were working for and/or where? I'd like to avoid it!

In any case, I hope you have come back with bundles of cash to make up for the net deprivations.

-Ww

R&D facility for a Japanese company - riding herd on a gaggle of foreign engineers from all over, keeping them out of trouble and unruffling a lot of feathers. And yeah, the bonus payment for this one should be pretty nice when it comes in. :)

I thought this was an ok joke featuring Japanese.

3 guys have been sent on a survival training mission for 3 months. 1 American, 1 Russian and 1 Japanese. They've been dropped off on an isolated Island and were told to do the best that they can. The American guy said that he's good at hunting and that it suited him well as the Island was stocked with wild game. The Russian guy said in his broken english that he's good at building a camp and shelter and volunteered to do that. The Japanese guy said nothing so the other two looked at each other told him that his job was to get supplies where at that point the Japanese guy ran off into the jungle. The American and Russian guy set out doing their respective chores. In just a few days of working a lean-to type of structure was set up and fish and other small game were captured......but no sigh of the Japanese whatsoever days turned into weeks and weeks into months. A house was built and they had food everywhere in storage, but still no sign of the Japanese guy. Finally the day came where they were going to be picked up and the people arriving at the island were amazed at what they had accomplished. They praised the Russian guy for building such a fantastic building and the American for making hunting tools and traps that worked unbelievable. They all looked around and someone said "Where's the Japanese guy?" Suddenly from above in a tree the Japanese guy jumped to the ground and yelled............
"Supplies!"