Japanese Style Pranks?

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this evening my wife noticed that during the 15 minutes she was out shopping for dinner...a random person squirted mayonnaise on many of the bicycle seats in the area?

I didn't get mad, but it was just more surprising because it was out of the blue. I did notice that every single green bicycle in the area (there were at least 5) had mayo on the seat. This includes my bicycle as well. One white and one silver bicycle got it too, but the target seemed to be aimed at a person owning a green bike...which I am guilty of lol.

I think that this is most likely a random prank with no personal meaning behind it, but could it be some sort of revenge prank?

I can honestly say that I don't know much about the pranks in Japan. I just know that some of my students try to jab their fingers in my ass...even the girls, which is strange.

Anyone else ever have mayo squirted on their stuff or something similar? Maybe the mayo was meant to resemble cum?

Moving to off-topic. This really isn't suited for Q&A.

And this:
I just know that some of my students try to jab their fingers in my ass...even the girls, which is strange.

You must live in a messed-up Japan or at least some alternate universe.

Reactions: just4fun and cabbie
Moving to off-topic. This really isn't suited for Q&A.

And this:

You must live in a messed-up Japan or at least some alternate universe.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened to you...then again you aren't an English teacher in Japan right? I think it only happens to English teachers by either younger children or junior high students. It has happened to me only once...more than enough for me though.

The guy that used to run the 'gaijin smash' blog often talked about 'kancho' attacks by kids at his school.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
I just know that some of my students try to jab their fingers in my ass...even the girls, which is strange
This happened to me in line at a McDonalds in Yokohama way back in 2002. I turned around and slapped the kid's hands away with a terse 触るな〜。I'm sure he learned that crap at some eikaiwa as a student: it's completely disrespectful to do that to adults.

Reactions: just4fun
Reactions: R.O.B and Wwanderer