Guest viewing is limited

Kurenai - Oppai pub (sekukyaba) in Ikebukuro

DENiED!!
Don’t know if it was too busy or my beard but as soon as I got to the door the tout said, “Japanese only.”
Orian was busy so the guy said to come back in 30 minutes. Just decided to go home this time.

DENiED!!
Don’t know if it was too busy or my beard but as soon as I got to the door the tout said, “Japanese only.”
Orian was busy so the guy said to come back in 30 minutes. Just decided to go home this time.

Sometimes Japanese only could mean, we are full or we don’t like how you look (racist as f. I know). So you could try another time, or go to another shop. It’s GW after all.

Reactions: Tkoadventure
Yea, it is also harder since it's golden week and everyone is off. I think the younger guy would let through. However, I ran into an older tencho once and he seems a bit more tough to get through with. In any case, we are still good there.

I just think they were busy. Because I said that too and he repeated Japanese only; though

That was a solid rejection.

I know from TAG that we are welcome when it’s a little slower.

You apparently have reading comprehension issues.

There are a lot of shops that wouldn't let foreigners in if the shop was on fire and the gaijin had the only fire extinguisher.[/QUOTE]

That was a solid rejection.

There are a lot of shops that wouldn't let foreigners in if the shop was on fire and the gaijin had the only fire extinguisher.
[/QUOTE]

LOL- zannen ne!

There are a lot of shops that wouldn't let foreigners in if the shop was on fire and the gaijin had the only fire extinguisher.
But he’s talkng specifically about Kurenai, where gaijin have historically been welcome...

But he’s talkng specifically about Kurenai, where gaijin have historically been welcome...

I may have been spending a little too much time with my pal Johnny Walker last night....

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I may have been spending a little too much time with my pal Johnny Walker last night....

Maybe...

That part about some places not letting in foreigners even if they had the last fire extinguisher in Tokyo is definitely true.

Reactions: Sudsy
Maybe...

That part about some places not letting in foreigners even if they had the last fire extinguisher in Tokyo is definitely true.

Yeah, I just forgot which thread we were in :)

But yup, some places are never gonna budge.

I didn't know that's even theoretically possible though.

He is just so friendly bloke, I've known him decades too.

I didn't know that's even theoretically possible though.

He is just so friendly bloke, I've known him decades too.

Let's just say I exhausted him of conversations, and had to turn to his twin brother for a chat.

The next morning was mercifully devoid of conversation.

Reactions: MikeH
Last time I went to an oppai pub I got the “dame” from the tout and as soon as I started speaking Japanese and told him I have been here before he said okay and let me in. Foreigners aren’t banned but they don’t want to deal with idiots who don’t understand the rules and don’t follow directions. So the easiest way to screen out these people is to just to not allow foreigners in on sight.

Last time I went to an oppai pub I got the “dame” from the tout and as soon as I started speaking Japanese and told him I have been here before he said okay and let me in. Foreigners aren’t banned but they don’t want to deal with idiots who don’t understand the rules and don’t follow directions. So the easiest way to screen out these people is to just to not allow foreigners in on sight.

Once you’ve been accepted once, if they somewhat remember you, saying that keeps the door open in most shops.