Guest viewing is limited

Kyoto Bar to watch Rugby

Kasai

TAG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please recommend a bar in Kyoto to watch the Rugby next Friday night

Unfortunately, your best bet will probably be HUB. I have a difficult time explaining just how much I hate Kyoto.

Unfortunately, your best bet will probably be HUB. I have a difficult time explaining just how much I hate Kyoto.

I have found out that everyone from Osaka hates Kyoto. Regardless of how much they hate Osaka themselves.

I have found out that everyone from Osaka hates Kyoto. Regardless of how much they hate Osaka themselves.

No matter where you're from, everyone can find a reason to hate Kyoto. Generally speaking, people in Kyoto are pretentious twats and consider themselves the superiors of all Kansai because they were the original capitol. They particularly look down on Osakans since the city is considered Kansai's industrial asshole and full of shitbag merchant-class people and other riffraff. Basically, old families in Kyoto consider Osakans to be what amounts to their own personal servants, to provide the tools and equipment and fine foods that the superior Kyoto folks have shipped up for their own personal, privileged use. Therefore, old Osakans fucking hate Kyoto.

I spent three years working in the halfway point between Osaka and Kyoto so I dealt quite a bit with both of them, and I can tell you with reasonable assurance that there is very little difference between the two. Kansai is still Kansai and the people are all shitbags, whether they be less educated, classes shitbags from Osaka, or more educated, pompous shitbags from Kyoto.

I hate Kyoto simply because it is a magnet for douchebags from all corners of the globe (mostly Americans). Just take a stroll down the main road in Sanjo, Shijo or Gion, and listen to the conversations people are having. Pompous douchebag liberal tourists (Americans) spouting off bullshit to impress the rest of their tour group, usually nonsense about the cultural significance of bla bla bla, and the feudal history of bla bla bla, and how he/she has such a fundamental understanding of the subtle cultural nuances of bla bla bla...all the way up and down the street. When you get to the end of the road and the Kamo River, take a gander at the riverbank--covered in disgusting fleabag hippies (Americans), always with some sort of instrument or bongo drum, usually singing stupid fucking Beatles songs or attempting to sing Japanese folk songs. It looks like a cross between Woodstock and a BERNIE rally. I remember one night we saw this dumb shit, probably from Berkeley, CA, sitting on the bank playing a fucking shakuhachi. For some reason that irritated me so much my friends and I ended up shooting at him with roman candles and bottle rockets from 7-11 until he got the hint and fucked off.

Just ask any insufferable douchebag you know from back home, who's visited Japan a time or two, what his/her favorite city is. Nine out of ten times, they'll name Kyoto.

Last edited:
Reactions: Majestyk and MikeH
Just ask any insufferable douchebag you know from back home, who's visited Japan a time or two, what his/her favorite city is. Nine out of ten times, they'll name Kyoto.

My insufferable douchebags would win hands over your insufferable douchebags as they would all go "oh, there was this lovely mountain village where I studied the-shit-that-is-hip-now" and then they would go and join the hundred year old ladies for the Bon Odori in their authentically hand crafted yukatas.

Meanwhile I just want to take them to the festival's goldfish scoop stand and keep their head down until they stop wriggling.

Reactions: Keihan Chikan
My insufferable douchebags would win hands over your insufferable douchebags as they would all go "oh, there was this lovely mountain village where I studied the-shit-that-is-hip-now" and then they would go and join the hundred year old ladies for the Bon Odori in their authentically hand crafted yukatas.

Yeah, EXACTLY those types. Kyoto is fucking full of them. As much as I hate Osaka, at least people there are happy being dumb, useless scumbags. Osaka's one redeeming quality is that nobody even bats an eyelash when stagger home blackout drunk, kicking shit and pissing in drainage canals and singing to myself.

Reactions: Sudsy
Wanna come to my VIP lounge in the stadium ? :)
If you accept your mission possible , of course.

You have exactly 69seconds to answer or this message will auto-destruct with a big pouf (French for « poof »)

Wanna come to my VIP lounge in the stadium ?

So the person accepting that offer would have to both be with you and watch rugby? Sounds like a lose-lose to me.

I rather sneak behind your back to meet one of your SBs.

Nyah, would not sneak. I would proudly and loudly hit on her in front of you. And fail miserably.

Reactions: Frenchy
So the person accepting that offer would have to both be with you and watch rugby? Sounds like a lose-lose to me.

I rather sneak behind your back to meet one of your SBs.

Nyah, would not sneak. I would proudly and loudly hit on her in front of you. And fail miserably.

You’re such a pussy
Come to France-Tonga in Kumamoto
She’s yours , she even wants it
Our cuckold fantasy
You will be our fucktoy
And we’ll take pics :)

Reactions: MikeH
You’re such a pussy
Come to France-Tonga in Kumamoto
She’s yours , she even wants it
Our cuckold fantasy
You will be our fucktoy
And we’ll take pics :)

Cuckold fantasy....... what would work for you and the lady.....how about a young, blonde, modelesque American boy?

PM TJB. He would appreciate the sex, the booze and the free Tokyo accommodation. Everyone's a winner!!

Cuckold fantasy....... what would work for you and the lady.....how about a young, blonde, modelesque American boy?

PM TJB. He would appreciate the sex, the booze and the free Tokyo accommodation. Everyone's a winner!!

Tempting proposal but Americans know zilch about rugby and I don’t want to have to explain all the rules and actions on the field, that would be a turn-off! :D

Ok back to topic (and I don’t have a VIP lounge by the way :D).
You should try Your Irish Pub In Kyoto,
414 Horimatucho ,Sawaragi-cho Agaru, Karasuma-dori , Kamigyo-ku

And Kyoto is a wonderful city, you bunch of miscreants!

Tempting proposal but Americans know zilch about rugby and I don’t want to have to explain all the rules and actions on the field, that would be a turn-off! :D

Tempting?

Forget the rugby angle. Imagine the stories shared and the new ones created.......the follow up book and film...Weekend at Frenchy's.

Casting? Gérard Depardieu, Owen Wilson and some new raw talent from Rio.

Last edited:
Tempting?

Forget the rugby angle. Imagine the stories shared and the new ones created.......the follow up book and film...Weekend at Frenchy's.

Casting? Gérard Depardieu, Owen Wilson and some new raw talent from Rio.
Would you be the director? And if so , channelling which famous one? I’d see this played a la Tarantino.

Would you be the director? And if so , channelling which famous one? I’d see this played a la Tarantino.

There where scope to approach it from different angles - movies within movies, lots of flashbacks to let viewers understand how our 3 main characters "arrived" at this point in their life. It is a confusing 'laugh" or "cry" movie . A dark comedy. Critics will struggle to pigeon hole the movie. "Tarantino" would work for parts, Danny Boyle, Woody Allen and Ken Loach would be in the mix. Some great cinematography - Japan, Brazil, France, California.

There where scope to approach it from different angles - movies within movies, lots of flashbacks to let viewers understand how our 3 main characters "arrived" at this point in their life. It is a confusing 'laugh" or "cry" movie . A dark comedy. Critics will struggle to pigeon hole the movie. "Tarantino" would work for parts, Danny Boyle, Woody Allen and Ken Loach would be in the mix. Some great cinematography - Japan, Brazil, France, California.
Hmmm Depardieu is a notorious pain in the ass to direct. Lets do this with Jack Nicholson with a French accent. Some mix of his character in the Shining and Inspecteur Clouseau. I know , hard to imagine but if you want complexity and surprises thats a good combination.

Reactions: BB0523
everyone can find a reason to hate Kyoto

Nah, I'll always have a soft spot for Kyoto.

First time I got laid in Japan was in Kyoto.

So was the first time I got punched in the face in Japan, when I met her boyfriend, :D

That has to be a great story!

You'd think... but that's honestly pretty much all of it!

She was an old friend from my uni's sister school in Kyoto and gave me a "special" welcome to Japan. He didn't appreciate it. Oops.

She was an old friend from my uni's sister school in Kyoto and gave me a "special" welcome to Japan. He didn't appreciate it. Oops.
I’m assuming it was at her place ...

Reactions: Sudsy

Just curious...how did the boyfriend find out?

And I must give the credit, being a Kyoto queer. Never met one willing to confront a gaijin, much less throw a punch at one...not sober, anyway.

I remember during my early years in Osaka, a bunch of my Aussie friends ended up at a Jankara late one night after a drinking bout to sing some songs and utilize the cheap nomihodai. In the next room were a bunch of young college girls. Shit, we were all only around 23 or 24 at the time so it wasn't much of an age difference. My buddy goes over and waves through the window at them, and they end up coming out into the hallway to flirt. Apparently there was another room down the hall full of drunken Japanese young men who were apparently of the opinion that the girls belonged to them and that gaijin should lay off their women, so one of them comes staggering out and starts screaming at my buddy, beer mug in hand. My friend is trying to calm the guy down, not really understanding exactly what he's screaming about, and the dumb twat is so loaded he ends up smashing his beer glass over my friend's face.

You can probably guess how that went down. My friend knocked him unconscious. Five or six more of Japanese emerge from the room and want to fight with the three Aussies. Few moments later, all of the Japanese are unconscious, lying in the hallway. Management comes, police come, and of course it's the horrible gaijin who were at fault and get arrested. Fortunately, the traumatized girls were willing to give statements to the cops that the gaijin boys had done nothing wrong and were attacked by this drunk idiot and his friends. The pussy that glassed my friend ended up having to pay his medical bills. Turns out the glass cut up his face and he still managed to knock that queer out with blood in his left eye.

Never a dull night at Jankara.