Guest viewing is limited

Let's try not to ruin Twin Tail.

Or.... someone has ruined it already.

I would not be surprised at all if that were the case.

Any updates on the policy at the moment?

Once someone had gone and screwed it up for everyone else, it think that’s it.:(
It’s like going to a fancy party and finding out someone has laid a turd in the punchbowl.;)

I have been going regularly. It's great. Very convneniet to Haneda...

I def think they give foreigners the more comely/chubbier girls as the others I see in the cubicles look a bit more charming. I never nominate so I guess I can't complain too much. And anyway it's really hard to complain when a young chick gamely is bobbig on your cock with your finger in her cunt. All for 6000 yen. I love japan.

Yeah that would be the worse of the worse ! After two decades working here there are still aspects of the Japanese "business culture" that I find really odd and unappealing
I agree that group mongering with coworkers or business associates is, no matter how you look at it, fucking stupid. You work with each other. You need to trust each other. Some in the party, or most probably, wil be married. So I guess their wives can't trust them. So now how can you? When out drinking with associates and someone gets the wise idea to hit up a knock shop, I generally bow out. Life in this crowded, complicated place works best if you practice discretion. Best to compartmentalize your business from your family from your friends and from your wild manly adventures. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

You must be fun at parties.
I stopped mongering indiscriminately with business associates and coworkers over 15 years ago because I noticed that a few really successful mentors at the time - guys a bit older than me, didn't do it either. One of them explained why; it made good sense to me, and has become SOP. I still monger regularly with a select group of close friends - maybe 5 or 6 guys I have known over the years. Guys I can trust. Ironically. Being careful and discrete as you go about your mongering doesn't make it any less fun. On the contrary, doing it carefully means that you can relax and not worry about damage caused by some loudmouth idiot who feels the need to tell the whole office about what happeded last Friday night....

I stopped mongering indiscriminately with business associates and coworkers over 15 years ago because I noticed that a few really successful mentors at the time - guys a bit older than me, didn't do it either. One of them explained why; it made good sense to me, and has become SOP. I still monger regularly with a select group of close friends - maybe 5 or 6 guys I have known over the years. Guys I can trust. Ironically. Being careful and discrete as you go about your mongering doesn't make it any less fun. On the contrary, doing it carefully means that you can relax and not worry about damage caused by some loudmouth idiot who feels the need to tell the whole office about what happeded last Friday night....
What was he reason why?

I still monger regularly with a select group of close friends - maybe 5 or 6 guys I have known over the years.

Ah, now that makes much more sense. Obviously I didn't mean it would make sense to monger with any random co-worker or customer, but only the select few ones you trust like your friends.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I just got turned away from Twintail. 2:30pm on a Monday.

I’m Asian American but I’m out of practice on my speaking. I have learned Japanese on a basic/conversational level. I said this was my first time here to the guy at the door and he asked “nihongo daijoubu” and I said “chotto desu”. He looked at the other guy sitting down, silently chuckled and told me “muri desu” and sorry.

I forgot to say with confidence that I understand rules of pink salons and I may have come across as too nervous and clueless. Confidence was completely out the window. I probably shouldn’t have only said “chotto” and he may have misinterpreted my “koko hajimete” as first time to any place like this instead of just Twintail.

I intend to try again later during my stay, and at a different time of day to not see the same guy hopefully. Any advice or tips on key things to say so that they will let me in?

Last edited:
I've never been to pink salon before, but i think when they ask "nihongo daijoubu?"
"chotto desu" is a bit too weak as a response, way too short...

i'm not adverse in nihon-go either (hardly study anything more than just watching anime), but if i were you, i would say "maaa nantonaku wakaru...demo, pinsaro itta koto ga arimasu, daraka ruru o chanto rikai shita" there is probably a lot of grammar mistake there, but i think it sound more natural if you dun spout it all in one go (sound like you memorizing thing, rather than slowly speaking)

Probably some expert here can recommend few sentences for you to use...go have fun, dun be too shy to give it another try...

"chotto desu" is a bit too weak as a response, way too short...

I don't think that was the problem, they don't expect you to go there to chat with them. If they ask you if you speak Japanese just say yeah, and if they continue to interrogate you about your earlier experiences just tell you've been in similar/same place before and they are happy.

There is not much sense to give example sentences as if you don't sound natural enough you cannot pull it off anyway. If you sounds like you are reading your lines from a paper they'll get it.

^he didnt get chance to get interrogate...

Like the part when he said "He looked at the other guy sitting down, silently chuckled and told me “muri desu” and sorry." He should have counter back...not just keep quiet (especially when he have learn some basic conversation lvl of nihongo)...sure we are not there to chat, but when they turn you down...you can always try say few words abt your previous experience, even if they didnt bother to ask abt it...

who knows they might change their mind?, one or two sentences make big difference than just one or two words (heck i can speak 10 different languages if its just one or two words)...but if they still insist no...then you know it is 100% impossible...atm he is still in 50-50 situation

Reactions: Rollic
I’ve been going and never any issue. They don’t seem to remember me. Every time it’s the same. I always just say hai daijoubu desu and that’s enough.

This time I had the same girl as before and even she didn’t remember. Asked me all the same questions as last time even, including what my salary was. Her name was Miru, she was pretty good, despite her amnesia.

Reactions: Rollic and MikeH
Wow I appreciate the number of responses in such a short time. Yeah, in hindsight I was kicking myself in the knees for being so soft spoken. I've only gone to the gaijin friendly shops up until this attempt so I kinda got complacent and lazy assuming it'd work itself out. New Hot Point was very straightforward. So say I say "Hai daijoubu desu" or the phrases tatsuyakajiwara suggested and it passes, what other questions or instructions should I prepare myself for? It was foolish of me to not put what I learned to practice or prepare at home but at the same time I'd rather not feel like I have to sit down and study nihongo during this vacation of mine. Thanks for the input!

Edit: I think I can absolutely pull off those sentences without sounding like a newbie script reader. I just have to not be lazy and shy.

the key is not to be shy...i always try to pause after each sentence (and even at each words, i drop abit of "umm", "ahhh", "eee" just to give me room to find the right word to use), and no matter how bad/misplace the wording is, it will still come out naturally as "gaijin-learning-nihongo" rather than "gaijin-memorizing-nihongo"

Reactions: Rollic
I think the key is body language, you can totally fake understanding Japanese with a series of head nods, grunts and the occasional 'un' and empahtic 'hai' to conclude. You don't need to be fluent in speech.

Someone should just make a seminar on what to do at pink salons and Soaplands and all that and post the video, lol.

This far what is needed to enter Twintail seems to be come down to the following list:

1) Speak the language
2) That's it

You would need to be a TV evangelist to make a video out of that. Normally though getting in to an all Japanese shop takes more than that. If I don't know if a shop takes foreigners and I am feeling particularly cheerful (read: three pints under my belt) I never let the staff to lead the discussion. Instead I greet them happily and sometimes throw in the "long time no see" there for a good measure.

If they have ever let foreigners in in some distant past, or made any exceptions ever they might get confused enough to let me in. And if they get suspicious and start asking question I tell them it has been quite a while but last time I had Ai or Hana. Never seen a shop where one of them wasn't working yet. :D

If they have ever let foreigners in in some distant past, or made any exceptions ever they might get confused enough to let me in. And if they get suspicious and start asking question I tell them it has been quite a while but last time I had Ai or Hana. Never seen a shop where one of them wasn't working yet. :D
Genius (y)! Though obviously some Japanese is needed to pull of such a lie, so sadly it won't work for all foreigners.

I actually tried to visit a Pink Salon while in Kyoto and I only managed to find one that was open and had a chance of letting foreigners in. As soon as I got there the guy was more than happy to let me in, but I thought out of respect that I should tell him I was a gaijin just in case it was an issue. Even thought my Japanese was perfectly fine (at least I thought so! :rolleyes:) he then refused to let me in, so I said my goodbye and shrugged it off. Anyway, the lesson here is that it's not so much your Japanese conversational skills that matters, but that if you're a foreigner or not. So I don't think it's so much that the "chotto desu" response had them worry your Japanese wasn't good enough, but that it was a dead giveaway that you were a gaijin and you just happen to come at a time when they weren't accepting any (assuming that they still do).

This far what is needed to enter Twintail seems to be come down to the following list:

1) Speak the language
2) That's it

You would need to be a TV evangelist to make a video out of that. Normally though getting in to an all Japanese shop takes more than that. If I don't know if a shop takes foreigners and I am feeling particularly cheerful (read: three pints under my belt) I never let the staff to lead the discussion. Instead I greet them happily and sometimes throw in the "long time no see" there for a good measure.

I was sort of joking about the video/guide but also not joking in the sense that so many common sense mistakes get made it's like we ought to have an FAQ on what to do and what not to do. I'm not knocking anyone for failing (it happens to everyone at some point). When I was a younger monger, I found some resources like that on other forums for how to do things where I live where such activities are frowned upon (read: illegal).

If I'm being grilled about whether or not i speak Japanese, I tend to crack a joke. It puts them at ease. I'll say something like that I think I can speak Japanese well but my wife doesn't agree. Gotta read the air though. Sometimes nothing you say will get you in if they've made up their mind already.

If I'm being grilled about whether or not i speak Japanese, I tend to crack a joke.

That's the same approach than mine; taking the lead and not letting them to take the discussion where they want it to go. But in general if you need a script then you won't be able to pull if off. As you said you need to read the air and act based on it; sometimes it takes a bad joke to get you in, sometimes you need to be very businesslike. And sometimes you still get just 4 kilometres per a litre, no matter what you do or say.

Genius (y)! Though obviously some Japanese is needed to pull of such a lie, so sadly it won't work for all foreigners.

I actually tried to visit a Pink Salon while in Kyoto and I only managed to find one that was open and had a chance of letting foreigners in. As soon as I got there the guy was more than happy to let me in, but I thought out of respect that I should tell him I was a gaijin just in case it was an issue. Even thought my Japanese was perfectly fine (at least I thought so! :rolleyes:) he then refused to let me in, so I said my goodbye and shrugged it off. Anyway, the lesson here is that it's not so much your Japanese conversational skills that matters, but that if you're a foreigner or not. So I don't think it's so much that the "chotto desu" response had them worry your Japanese wasn't good enough, but that it was a dead giveaway that you were a gaijin and you just happen to come at a time when they weren't accepting any (assuming that they still do).

Despite being Asian, my body language and speech already seemed to give away being gaijin at Twin Tail. However, from the guy asking me to confirm "nihongo daijoubu?", forces me to assume that I would have been allowed had I been more proactive, spoken properly and not give such a weak response. It might have been a different case or shop rules at that Kyoto place, but in this situation in particular it seemed more to be the language issue. Nonetheless, the goal for me on my next attempt is to not be such a pansy and used what I've learned for something useful for once. ^^