Lovehotel With No Japanese

Entronight

TAG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

First time poster. Going to tokyo in a couple of days and would like to try ol/jk style. The hotel im staying at is out of the way, so Id like to book a love hotel.

My question is , how much japanese is required to book one?

Is there any recommendations around shinjuku area, that is english/gaijin friendly?

Sorry if these have been answered already.

Cheers!

I'm not aware of any that are fully English friendly. Many of them are automated, so you don't have to speak with anyone. Learning the Japanese for 'rest' and 'stay' will be helpful. You can also check with jk style to see if they can meet you at a pre-determined point and accompany the girl to the love hotel. Some agencies like Asian Mystique will do that. Good luck!

I just saw a sign at Bali An saying "English ok" although it seemed more for the spa part. I also found Pasha and the other JHT group hotels very helpful to foreigners.

Reactions: meiji and Muku1
Hello,

First time poster. Going to tokyo in a couple of days and would like to try ol/jk style. The hotel im staying at is out of the way, so Id like to book a love hotel.

My question is , how much japanese is required to book one?

Is there any recommendations around shinjuku area, that is english/gaijin friendly?

Sorry if these have been answered already.

Cheers!
Here's a post I made a few months ago while using JK Style, Hotel Festae in Shinjuku. I've been there several times and a lack of English is no problem. The last time I was there a couple of Middle Eastern men seemed to be in charge and took over for the receptionist, although that was not needed. Just follow the directions below (Use click to expand):

OK, to actually answer your question. Dai jobu, don't worry. I called JK Style using my Skype. You can speak English, but you might be put on hold while the person answering the phones goes and gets the person who speaks English very well. He will take your name, ask you to make up a four digit number that will then be your identity for future visits. He will ask your preference in regards to a young lady, but no guarantee since you are a new customer. He will instruct you to call again at about 30 minutes before your appointment. He will instruct you to call again once you have checked into the love hotel.

I have always used Festae which is gaijin friendly and may have an English speaker around. If not, look at the wall across from the reception and choose a room, then pay. Next call JK. You will have to dial 0 (zero) then JK's number Oh, one more thing-when you check out, you will have to pay 10 Yen for each call you made:

http://www.festae.com/shinjuku/

PS: Please be nice, even to Mr. Chavers. His bark is worse than his bite. Admin will always be helpful and others, as well, as long as you are a bit humble and respectful. After you post a bit you can loosen up.

BTW: I have been in Japan for seventeen years and still do not own a cell phone. Since I don't have any friends, I don't need one-haha!

Best of luck and please post a review.

One Love!

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Like others said, most of them are automated, or semi-automated should I say. The automated part is always the room picking part. All of the love hotels I went to have this giant or at least a large touch screen to show you what rooms are there and what rooms are available at the moment plus the price for each. You then just scroll through them and pick the one you like, then you go to the front desk counter /window to pay for it (don't worry the front desk is blocked half way so you don't see their faces and they don't see yours, but there's always surveillance camera so who knows lol). They might or might not give you a key as some hotels do not use keys for their rooms and instead the locks are controlled from the front desk (but you can use the secondary lock after you enter the room).

I think all the time I used the love hotels some Japanese is required, as they typically ask if you are alone or where is your companion. They might ask if you have a membership card (some love hotels associated with other love hotels under the same management and have membership) or if you have a discount coupon (they might give to you after you are done with the room as a way for you to come back next time, for 500 yen rest or 1000 yen stay discount). I don't know if just saying no is enough for not (iie) though.

That being said, maybe I should post some reviews of the love hotels I have tried in Shinjuku haha.

The love hotels we visit are fully automated, you select a room and after entering the room, the door is electronically locked, you only pay when you leave the hotel through a machine built into the wall, after placing your money in the machine the same as any vending machine, it will then provide change and unlock the door.

If you would like to check out full information about any Love Hotel in Japan try http://happyhotel.jp/

Doing a search of an area will bring up all hotels in that area and what services they provide, along with prices etc.

So I discovered something interesting, if you go on booking.com and search for say, "Tokyo Love Hotel" you get an option to filter hotels and love hotels! They're all marked "Adults Only" You only see the rate per night, but if you're stuck on where to go and don't have Japanese skills this seems like a great option.

I have tried booking.com and find it lists business hotels, but a limited number of adult only hotels, with only 21 showing up in the search I did for the whole of Tokyo.

On Happyhotel.jp they only list Love Hotels/Resort Hotels, so when checking how many there are in say Tokyo Shinjuku, the site
returns 96 hotels, with Shibuya having 70 Love Hotels.

Last edited:
It's better than nothing if you can't read/speak Japanese though, is what I was getting at.

It's better than nothing if you can't read/speak Japanese though, is what I was getting at.

There are 716 love hotels listed within the Tokyo area on happyhotel.jp

I understand that for those who cannot understand Japanese it would be a little difficult.

Yeah, it's really helpful in this thread about using love hotels with zero Japanese skills.

Yeah, it's really helpful in this thread about using love hotels with zero Japanese skills.

Most of the Love Hotels do not require you to have any Japanese language skills to use them as they are fully automated, this means you never see anyone, so you would not be required to speak with anyone.

Most of the Love Hotels do not require you to have any Japanese language skills to use them as they are fully automated, this means you never see anyone, so you would not be required to speak with anyone.
Bullshit: most are not fully automated. Choosing the room is through button mashing, but you still pay at the 受付 to a human being.

Bullshit: most are not fully automated. Choosing the room is through button mashing, but you still pay at the 受付 to a human being.

Sorry!! The Love Hotels we visit you first select the room you want and then enter, just inside the entrance there is a machine in the wall, when we are ready to leave we push a few buttons and put the correct amount of money in the machine, then the door is opened and we leave, we never see anyone, these machines also allow a point card to be used.

The alternative method of payment is through a tube in the wall, you put your cash in a tube and place it into the tube in the wall and close and off it goes, a few minutes later the tube returns with your change.

People are biased due to their experience unless they learn from somewhere else or from other people. I mean, I sort of know (or maybe I didn't) some love hotels might be fully automated, but I never encountered one while I was in Shinjuku, and Shinjuku should at least have some damn it, so take it with a grain of salt unless confirmed otherwise.

Reactions: John Chavers
People are biased due to their experience unless they learn from somewhere else or from other people. I mean, I sort of know (or maybe I didn't) some love hotels might be fully automated, but I never encountered one while I was in Shinjuku, and Shinjuku should at least have some damn it, so take it with a grain of salt unless confirmed otherwise.

We are talking about Love Hotels in Kyushu, where privacy is respected.

Hit hotel XO, cheap and fully automated.

The problem with automated hotels is that you have to operate the payment machine in Japanese, so its actually better to have hotel staff around.

And also in fully automated hotels i had staff comming running to me a few times to check if i knew enough Japanese to operate the systhem.

Reactions: meiji

The problem with automated hotels is that you have to operate the payment machine in Japanese, so its actually better to have hotel staff around.

And also in fully automated hotels i had staff comming running to me a few times to check if i knew enough Japanese to operate the systhem.

That would never happen here, because as I mentioned privacy is respected, especially guests visiting a Love Hotel.

Also you do not need a PHD to operate a machine that displays the amount you need to pay.

I hate ugly love hotels. I have standards! LOL

On the other hand, most of the love hotels do not restrict smoking so here's this one time I chose a nice room but when I entered it was full of lingering smoke and it smelt awful so I had to call the front desk and get the staff to get me another room that's not full of lingering smoke smell. But the good thing was that the new room was even better. Looks at this room! Room 23 http://www.hotenavi.com/thehotel/index.html was awesome (look at the name too, Egg Benedict Cumberbatch! :p)

That would never happen here, because as I mentioned privacy is respected, especially guests visiting a Love Hotel
Bullshit. Entrance and exits are the same: no privacy there. :poop:

I hate ugly love hotels. I have standards! LOL

On the other hand, most of the love hotels do not restrict smoking so here's this one time I chose a nice room but when I entered it was full of lingering smoke and it smelt awful so I had to call the front desk and get the staff to get me another room that's not full of lingering smoke smell. But the good thing was that the new room was even better. Looks at this room! Room 23 http://www.hotenavi.com/thehotel/index.html was awesome (look at the name too, Egg Benedict Cumberbatch! :p)
"Hotel the hotel" must be the most original name in history. At least their other names are more original.

XO has cool rooms with a lot of mirrors but yeah it can smell like smoke.
Some hotels have non smoking rooms. Stellate has pretty rooms and some are non smoking. Its also an unautomated hotel though.
I'd say automated ones are often a bit cheaper, but still good quality, the only gross ones are the very old, unrenovated ones imo.

Reactions: Another2011
"Hotel the hotel" must be the most original name in history. At least their other names are more original.

Well you got me there LOL. Can't even put up a response hahaha. I personally think having many mirrors just look weird. I guess I like a certain type of love hotels, or just hotels in general, more modern and well, really color coordinated.