Man-melting phrases

Yes I would totally agree on all 3.

Especially #2. do you know how tired I am of hearing how good I am at technical (hardware software etc) stuff, but when someone takes in interest in how good I became good at technical (hardware software etc) stuff, it's a girl even if I don't think she's my type I want to hang around her more.

Since the video is essentially about female pickup tips, I would say that #1 and #2 would work well on me if we had just met and/or we were on our first date still getting to know one another. #3 not so much as I've never felt I was very masculine, so to be called that feels patronizing to me, but that's just me personally.

After getting to know someone, I think the best compliment I have received was someone telling me how much she liked my outlook on life and my sense of humor. Both of those take time to develop and are so intrinsic to me as an individual that it is essentially saying to me that she liked me as a person. Those things are not something I was born with, nor can I practice it to become better at; it is merely the culmination of my experiences manifested into a part of my personality.

Sometimes it's not even what you say, but how you say it. An ex of mine would used to always give me a puzzled look and ask me, "what are you staring at?" as she got ready for work in the morning as I would admire her from bed. I would smile sheepishly and tell her I was just admiring her and thinking how lucky I was to have her. Her whole body would turn crimson and she'd give me a little smile like she didn't believe me. To this day, I still chuckle when I think about those moments.

I'll finish with this, a compliment when least expected, is often most appreciated.

#'s 1 & 3 sound kind of canned, not really genuine. I'd wonder where she read them. I'd have to agree with Verbal about being complimented for having a good sense of humor or being an interesting person.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
I have had women say #3 to me. I sort of like it, but it also makes me wonder from what thread she feels safe with me and in what way I might be called upon to defend her from it! :cautious:

-Ww

We've all seen the old martial arts movies where the master is close to 100 years old still defeat all opposers at once using his ki energy. You're not fooling anyone;)

As a frequent business customer of hostess bars, I've heard all of the platitudes and promises before. I find genuine laughter from a woman over some joke I've made to be my biggest weakness. :playful:

1+2 work well on girls, too, it's more general advice than guy-oriented. Although I wouldn't do it so directly most of the time...

As long as the compliment is genuine, IMO it doesn't really matter.

If I'm out in an under shirt with a pair of raggedy jeans, unshaven with bed hair, her complimenting my style is going to be like "really? REALLY?!" =P
I was out at a club in LA one night and approached this really attractive girl, and she complimented me on the courage of approaching her. It felt nice, but at the same time, it didn't feel very real to me. Or rather it didn't really feel like something I should be proud of myself for doing... Not quite sure how to explain it. I know how hard it is to approach a girl, and that gut-wrenching fear that can take you in the face of an intimidatingly gorgeous girl, but at the same time, I don't really feel like it should be like that, and in the back of my mind I felt a little sad for my male brethren, being complimented for the task of saying hi to a girl.

I dunno, midnight ramblings, sorry =P.

As long as the compliment is genuine, IMO it doesn't really matter.

If I'm out in an under shirt with a pair of raggedy jeans, unshaven with bed hair, her complimenting my style is going to be like "really? REALLY?!" =P
I was out at a club in LA one night and approached this really attractive girl, and she complimented me on the courage of approaching her. It felt nice, but at the same time, it didn't feel very real to me. Or rather it didn't really feel like something I should be proud of myself for doing... Not quite sure how to explain it. I know how hard it is to approach a girl, and that gut-wrenching fear that can take you in the face of an intimidatingly gorgeous girl, but at the same time, I don't really feel like it should be like that, and in the back of my mind I felt a little sad for my male brethren, being complimented for the task of saying hi to a girl.

I dunno, midnight ramblings, sorry =P.

She just negged you man! :eek:

Years ago I had an almost identical experience in Sydney, but the sort of astonishing difference was that it was not in a nightclub but rather in the social room of an upscale legal brothel!

According the stunningly gorgeous lady in question, with whom I spent the next couple of hours, guys visiting the brothel virtually never approached her but almost always responded when she approached them. It appears that most guys are so intimidated and/or so afraid of rejection that they are reluctant to approach "the hottest woman in the room" even if she is an sw working in a brothel and thus there for no other purpose than to be propositioned!! A timid breed we men are...

-Ww

I may spend a little too much time on YouTube :cool: :rolleyes: and this video popped up today and made me thinking.

Would you guys agree with these 3? Are there other ways to compliment you in a honest way which makes you feel good?

the compliments I like the most are the ones said when I'm not there.
I actually don't want to hear compliments strait on my face cause I don't know how to answer. I often feel like I have to find some compliments to give the way back to make it even or try to change the topic.

#'s 1 & 3 sound kind of canned, not really genuine.

Exactly. In my case if someone compliments me about my style I start to wonder where is her white cane and guide dog. And if a girl would say she feels safe with me I would be like we are in Japan for crying out loud; there is nothing to fear except earthquakes and with those I can't do nothing! :D

Number 3.... If you stare into my eyes when you say it, with light physical contact (holding my hand, or at the end of a hug...) I would become putty in your hands. As a matter of fact, almost every girl i've been with has used this on me at some point... it's Superman's Kryptonite, lol.