Guest viewing is limited

Minister Kono's press conference on the start of vaccination in Japan

I found it absolutely adorable how the WHO is now parroting the CCP's bullshit about how COVID came from some random animal, rather than the Wuhan laboratory.

There is plenty of evidence to support that the virus came from bats via an intermediatory animal and is definitely not man made. The Wuhan Institute of Virology has done incredible work on the genetic origin of SARS viruses and the results are shared internationally. If you were interested you'd find this out for yourself, the facts are not hard to understand.

It never ceases to amaze me how people have such strong opinions about things they are clueless about, and are so willing to shoot their mouths off. It seems to be a modern thing that people don't care about knowledge and their own reputation.

It puzzles me that apparently no Japanese pharmaceutical company has tried to develop a vaccine to fight COVID-19.

It puzzles me that apparently no Japanese pharmaceutical company has tried to develop a vaccine to fight COVID-19.

AnGes, Shionogi, ID Pharma, KM Bio and some universities are developing the vaccines. AnGes came up with one by the last summer, but it has been struggling to conduct trials since then. The number of infected stood too small (and is likely to be too small) in Japan to conduct sufficient large-sampled double-blinded RCTs to evaluate the vaccine's efficacy. They need to do trials in other countries, but the J gov didn't support AnGes on this. Shionogi has a better chance since it has a better international presence and can conduct global trials by itself. You will see the first Japanese coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out probably in the summer of 2022 by Shionogi.

AnGes, Shionogi, ID Pharma, KM Bio and some universities are developing the vaccines. AnGes came up with one by the last summer, but it has been struggling to conduct trials since then. The number of infected stood too small (and is likely to be too small) in Japan to conduct sufficient large-sampled double-blinded RCTs to evaluate the vaccine's efficacy. They need to do trials in other countries, but the J gov didn't support AnGes on this. Shionogi has a better chance since it has a better international presence and can conduct global trials by itself. You will see the first Japanese coronavirus vaccine to be rolled out probably in the summer of 2022 by Shionogi.

Thanks. Interesting.