Guest viewing is limited

Nampa At Night In The City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TokyoJoeblow

TAG Member
Reaction score
So last night, my friend and I were drinking and hanging out. It was his first time in Japan and he left this morning.

Anyway, later on last night, I decided to hit on some women on the street. I usually give up after hitting on one or two if things don't go well, but last night I was determined for one positive experience.

I ended up hitting on about six different women walking alone outside. I would walk up next to them and put my arm around them and say hello. Every single one of them freaked out. They were all scared or nervous. Most softly moved away, but one had a bitchy attitude and yelled don't touch me and walked away.

It wasn't like I was touching their asses or legs. I guess this direct form of hitting on women is obsolete or never existed in Japan to begin with.

There was a hot Filipina lady sitting alone on a public bench, so I went up and sat next to her. She looked at me with crazy eyes and got up and walked away for a moment. She ended up sitting back down after I got up.

I was drunk and angry so I asked her why she was wearing a t shirt that reads: California if she doesn't like white guys? I said I'm from California and I would appreciate it if she didn't wear that shirt. Then I said I didn't like her attitude and that she didn't need to take her anger towards Japanese on me and walked away.

On the way back to the hostel, I asked one Japanese women for the time and she did something I have never seen before...she literally froze. She stopped walking, moving her body completely as if Mr. Freeze blasted her with his ice ray gun. It was absolutely ridiculous. I actually yelled "are you ok, what the hell" in Japanese. Then she finally snapped out of it and apologized and walked away.

My friend also mentioned about how he noticed random Japanese women would have sour or pruned up looks on their faces whenever he passed them by and made brief eye contact or just glanced at them?

I have been here in Japan for about six months, so I know what he is talking about. I told him most Japanese people feel so uncomfortable around foreigners that they make these weird squinted up faces as a result of their nervousness/insecurity etc.

I also notice what I call "the umbrella tilt". This is where I will see a Japanese women carrying an umbrella over her head and she is walking toward me or in the same direction. The moment they see me even glance at them, they cover their faces completely under the umbrella but bring it back above their heads normally after passing me.

I just think the Japanese in general are really isolated, so many are xenophobic and racist.

Last edited:
Bordering? That's harassment.

I ended up hitting on about six different women walking alone outside. I would walk up next to them and put my arm around them and say hello. Every single one of them freaked out. They were all scared or nervous. Most softly moved away, but one had a bitchy attitude and yelled don't touch me and walked away.

It wasn't like I was touching their asses or legs. I guess this direct form of hitting on women is obsolete or never existed in Japan to begin with.

(my emphasis)

Um, doing that is unacceptable in the United States, too. Don't be that guy.

And, he's back.

You should stop taking pick up advice from Julien Blanc, manhandling women is not acceptable. Maybe stop worrying about your visa issues for your mental health problems, and start worrying about whether you'll make it that far without being arrested and deported for being a sex pest.

I thought you were getting better, seeking help, but then you post something like this.

You seem to do alright, you posted you'd got a wife and a second woman on the go, but I'm fucked if I can understand how.

And don't take it personally, I don't dislike you, I just wish you'd follow through and get the help you need to stop you from doing this kind of behaviour.

Well I guess hitting on the women on the street is not something anybody but me does? If you hit on a woman outside and don't put your arm around them, they will believe you are beta and too much of a coward to find sexual attraction in you. I do agree that I come across as too confident and maybe a sex pest. I will just have to meet women at other places.

If you hit on a woman outside and don't put your arm around them, they will believe you are beta and too much of a coward to find sexual attraction in you.

"Hitting on a woman" doesn't require immediate physical contact. You aren't a caveman. You should probably talk to them first.

I think you've been watching too much PUA stuff. Sure, if you've made a connection with a girl putting your arm around her is an assertive way to express interest. Physical contact with a perfect stranger without their consent is probably terrifying for the woman and is probably the worst way of going about it if your plan is to get into a girl's pants.

If you did that in Europe at least one of the ladies would probably have said hello with a taser or some tear gas spray. It's in the dark of the night, no one else around and you are a (physically stronger) perfect stranger. Just for once try to put yourself in her shoes.

Reactions: silencio
If you did that in Europe at least one of the ladies would probably have said hello with a taser or some tear gas spray. It's in the dark of the night, no one else around and you are a (physically stronger) perfect stranger. Just for once try to put yourself in her shoes.

In the US there would be a significant chance that she would indicate her disinteresting in getting to know you with a "purse pistol" (a small firearm).

-Ww

Last edited:
Reactions: just4fun
I would walk up next to them and put my arm around them and say hello. Every single one of them freaked out.

I know a guy that used to try this routine in Roppongi. He ended up arrested and deported when two women in succession called the cops.

You wouldn't try that in California, hell, you'd get a face ful of pepper spray or stabbed or shot before the night was over, or at the very least get stomped out by any group of guys seeing you pulling stuff like that. What makes you think it would be at all effective here?

I keep thinking troll too, but I don't feel convinced that TJB's stories are fiction...which means it is skillful trolling if it isn't for real.

-Ww

I love reading his posts. I keep thinking of a cross between David Brent / Micheal Scott and Homer Simpson.

Obviously not worried about security cameras this time.

Reactions: just4fun
Guy in all sense of the words Get Help. It sounds like you are Bipolar or have BSD there is medicine & help. Spend some of the time you do chasing women getting assistance.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
I love reading his posts. I keep thinking of a cross between David Brent / Micheal Scott and Homer Simpson.

Obviously not worried about security cameras this time.

I always picture more Raj from Big Bang Theory

Unfortunately, you are not at a rave party with a bunch of bitches popping beans ready and waiting for your approach. I doubt they even know that culture of here. So in the context of things you have to consider where you are really at.

Reactions: TokyoJoeblow
I will stop hitting on women in this way. It doesn't seem to work most of the time (although I have had some luck) and usually ends up with trouble. I'm looking into local networking events. Has anyone gone to any of these to meet women?

Feel free to create a new thread on that. I'm going to close this one since most everyone has had their say. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.