Guest viewing is limited

Nenkin and Residence Tax

In 10 years, when I'm eligible, I'll let you know if I manage to get nenkin as well.

I am pretty sure you will, if you have paid to the system the minimum 10 years that is. But 10 years is enough time for a) the country to run out of pension money and b) the different governmental offices to send each other faxes so that when one office pays you the pension the second office will confiscate it for the unpaid taxes.

I am pretty sure you will, if you have paid to the system the minimum 10 years that is. But 10 years is enough time for a) the country to run out of pension money and b) the different governmental offices to send each other faxes so that when one office pays you the pension the second office will confiscate it for the unpaid taxes.
They won’t run out of money and stop paying pensions. What they will do is make it needs based. So if you cant prove that you actually need it to live, then you won’t get yours. So in the case of the op, a gaijin living out of Japan, it’s going to be tough to prove (a lie) that he needs the money.

The statue of limitations is 5 years from the due date. This sounds like it will be all right in 5 years, but I'm afraid that's not the case. The municipality can set the clock back just by sending a reminder notice or putting a "notice by announcement" on a designated bulletin board. Thus, practically there is no statue of limitations. Late payment penalty accumulates each year. I wish the OP all the best.

Reactions: MossBoss