Perfume Selection

Reactions: Sudsy
What smells good on one can smell horrible on the other and vice versa.
Exactly. Better to take her shopping and have her show you what she enjoys instead of guessing your way into a terrible gift.

Yup, I learned long ago (the hard way) not to buy perfume for a lady without knowing her preferred brands - the exception being the 10 and 20 pack mini sampler selections you sometimes see in duty free.

I've found that okane is more appreciative than a gift.

It's a safe scent and versatile. Good longevity and sillage. People who really love fragrances would probably pass on it though. Not niche enough, not enough intrigue.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Imo and according to the advice of a few past lovers, perfume is NOT a good gift for a woman unless she specifically requests it. There are multiple, fairly obvious, reasons.

-Ww

So I gave the lady I see on regular basis at the Naniwa soapland Decadence by Marc Jacobs as a birthday/appreciation gift. She absolutely loved it. The shock on her face was priceless.

Reactions: AliceInWonderland
Am i the only one who doesn't use perfume? I liked a baby cologne, the one that is really meant for baby, smells a bit powdery and very very mild. Even that i put in around once or twice a year. Perfume gives me nausea, most of the time, very rarely do I like a smell of perfume.

Does Japan have a gift cards?
Japan does gift cards big time.
But for me it is like giving cash.

I'm all for taking her shopping and have her pick something she likes, then I pay for it.
As long as she is not dragging me around to store after store.:D

Perfection for me is when she knows what she wants, we go to the store, get the present (in and out in 10 minutes) then I get arigato sex (again in and out in 10 minutes)

In this case, you gave it to a soapland girl but if you will have a chance to give it to your GF or wife, you don't really need to ask her in my honest oponion.
If I were the girl, I would be happy to wear whatever my man selected just for me.