Seen a good movie recently ?

Speaking of movies ...
Rest in peace, Ms. Kelly Preston.
John Travolta’s wife of 29 years passed away at 57.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/kelly-preston-dead-dies-john-travolta-1234704456/

4A9ADB02-F313-4983-A241-BC6A516B10BA.jpeg

I just watched Spirited Away for the first time (better late than never), I had a hard time believing all the fuss about Ghibli and was never much into anime, but this is really a masterpiece.
I’ve never seen it but been thinking about watching it recently as I was talking anime with one of my acquaintances and she was mentioning how much she likes it.

Not so sure of all the Ghibli fuss either. I’ve only ever seen Howls Moving Castle. I should probably watch Totoro one day.

Not so sure of all the Ghibli fuss either.

I am, almost everything they have done is great.

Though after watching Totoro I rented The grave of fireflies without knowing anything about it and was quite shocked to say the least.

I am, almost everything they have done is great.

Though after watching Totoro I rented The grave of fireflies without knowing anything about it and was quite shocked to say the least.

Why? That's a really great anime. Unlike Disney & Co they can also take on serious topics.

I recently watched The Fable, which goes by the fancy Japanese title ザ・ファブル. Quite liked it and yeah ... It's a Japanese movie:D

It was just like renting a Disney movie and then realising it was about hardcore anal sex.

In both occasions it would be great but very different than their previous work.

I’ve never seen it but been thinking about watching it recently as I was talking anime with one of my acquaintances and she was mentioning how much she likes it.

Not so sure of all the Ghibli fuss either. I’ve only ever seen Howls Moving Castle. I should probably watch Totoro one day.

if you want to watch it on Netflix and if you are in Japan you need to use VPN. Unfortunately they bought the rights for most countries except ... Japan :(

Been having our own at-home Ghibli Festival this summer since the theaters haven't opened up yet.
So far it's been Kurenai no Buta, Mononokehime, and Kaze Tachinu. Miyazaki's work is just fascinating. :)

L’Amour dure 3 ans (Love lasts 3 years)
On the French Netflix using VPN
I guess the only point of this post is to mention I started to use VPN , for a techno-retard like me it sounds super cool. Very proud .